Chances of foreigners over 60 getting covid 19 vaccination

steveb6

On 4/22/2021 at 4:39 PM, Sheryl said:

You will be able to get it when it is available. The "when" is the problem.

On 4/23/2021 at 9:01 AM, Thaifly88 said:

I have heard that Thai nationals are in the front of the queue for the vaccine. That makes no sense in terms of the spread of the virus.

I must confess that I have seen nothing to suggest ( other than speculation here) that foreigners are being kept to the back of the queues.

I have been told by the local hospital diabetic clinic with whom I am registered that I will be eligible along with the other patients. When that may be is unknown...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Is there anything to stop individuals ordering the vaccine direct from the manufacturers? 

Yes.

They have to go through government regulatory authorities to even place an order. This is what has been delaying the private hospitals.

It is only recently that government has allowed private hospitals to do this. According to the press they will start allowing private companies as well. ("allow" does not necessarily mean they will make it all easy!)

I very much doubt they will ever allow private individuals to do this.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Yes.

They have to go through government regulatory authorities to even place an order. This is what has been delaying the private hospitals.

It is only recently that government has allowed private hospitals to do this. According to the press they will start allowing private companies as well. ("allow" does not necessarily mean they will make it all easy!)

I very much doubt they will ever allow private individuals to do this.

Great, so private hospitals should get them soon. 

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

Great, so private hospitals should get them soon. 

I would not say soon.

The hospitals themselves are estimating anywhere from June to the end of the year.

i don't get the sense they have even cleared the internal regulatory hurdles yet much less been able to find a supplier.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

I would not say soon.

The hospitals themselves are estimating anywhere from June to the end of the year.

i don't get the sense they have even cleared the internal regulatory hurdles yet much less been able to find a supplier.

I hope so, then I can go to Scotland for my mother's 80th birthday in July ????

14 hours ago, DavisH said:

The UK still has 80K active cases. How many of them could potentally infect others as they may be 'home isolating'. They still have 2000+ cases  da, reducing mostly due to the vaccination drive. Don't expect Thailand to see the case numbers the UK had.

Yesterday UK 2685 new cases deaths 17. Thailand 2180 new cases deaths 15. Thailand also doing far less testing, UK 1.1m tests yesterday.

I think its safe to say that Thailand has caught up.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

I'm not quite sure why you're asking but if it's about being eligible for vaccination, then it should be pointed out that you don't need to be resident in the UK to get vaccinated there.

Even short term visitors are eligible.

I arrived in the UK on Friday after a 2 year absence. Had my first vaccine on Saturday.