Another Marathon of paperwork -Thai Wife ext.

I am going to Chiang Mai Immigration in a few days, for retirement extension not marriage, so I hope things go much smoother for me, but I have this feeling

in my gut,it might be different this time.......

I also have the worry that the bank will not be closed, because of covid, 4 Bangkok banks have already been closed because of Covid, collect the bank statement

tomorrow....I hope. 

regards Worgeordie

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

I am going to Chiang Mai Immigration in a few days, for retirement extension

not marriage, so I hope things go much smoother for me, but I have this feeling

in my gut,it might be different this time.......

I also have the worry that the bank will not be closed, because of covid, 4 Bangkok

banks have already been closed because of Covid, collect the bank statement

tomorrow....I hope. 

regards Worgeordie

4 Bangkok Bank branches or 4 banks in Bangkok?

52 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Waited and returned with a request for 2 sets of copies for every page in the bank pass book. I explained thats not on your list and you have the required statements, didnt matter they wanted it.

It is on my list, but I do update any changes from year to year. The old passport request is a new one (I was there in January) and they did not need even a copy of the original visa.

Writing you full name is a new one too, before it was just the signature on every page.

A very sad post that reminds me of a friend's marathon with Immigration not so long ago.

After the "under consideration stamp", they always found other issues to make the guy's life to a bad horror movie.

He finally drove 1,400 km, visited Immigration six times to get all sorted out and almost committed suicide, or genocide. 

I wish you do not have to go though this bs. best of luck!!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Well its that time of year and I was hoping (foolishly) for an easier time than last year, but it was not meant to be.

I feel for you mate, I thought I'd issues.

If you've got the ability move to a retirement extension only a single set and only about 20 pages or so.

Did they bring up a home visit, asking for a mate whose due to submit next week I think.

For those that do not have any knowledge of me I'm on retirement granted .2 days ago

6 hours ago, Tony M said:

This was Chiang Mai office ?

Chiang Mai are the marriage clearing office for a number of other offices, e.g. the application has to be referred to them for approval, hence the under consideration period.

Some of the offices covered by Chiang Mai are Phitsanulok, Phetchabun, Nong Khai, Chiang Khan plus probably a lot more.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

Chiang Mai are the marriage clearing office for a number of other offices, e.g. the application has to be referred to them for approval, hence the under consideration period.

Some of the offices covered by Chiang Mai are Phitsanulok, Phetchabun, Nong Khai, Chiang Khan plus probably a lot more.

I thought the office only controls Chiang Mai province. Why does it cover places like Nong Khai which is in other provinces?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, blackcab said:

Commiserations for your experience. It's never nice being put through the wringer.

If it's any consolation, applying for a Non-B extension is even more horrific. To the point of absurdity.

Non-B based on work is a breeze, by the sounds of it. My school does the paperwork (wife fills in the houseowner details) and I just show my face to take the photo and pay the money. I plan to work till I drop. lol

57 minutes ago, poohy said:

So you wasted a day surely paying an agent is better you probably dont even have to show up

For my retirement visa i dont have to go near a immigration office

Once I saw a guy in the Nonthaburi office trying to do his marriage extension. They didn't want to do it until his wife arrived at the office. Not sute if that's normal or not. 

9 hours ago, Upnotover said:

It most certainly is but it is Thailand that is doing the laughing.  Until and unless they genuinely want all these foreigners in the place they will continue to play these games.

It seems to be mostly provincial offices for now. Hopefully this won't become a thing at Bangkok as it's already difficult enough.

7 hours ago, EricTh said:

I thought the office only controls Chiang Mai province. Why does it cover places like Nong Khai which is in other provinces?

The country is divided into Regions for bureaucratic purposes. The region heads cannot trust their fellow officers at provincial level, probably think they take bribes.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, EricTh said:

ask Immigration.

I may be wrong but believe there are only 5 "clearing offices" for the whole of Thailand for marriage extensions, hence 1 month "under consideration stamps" and duplicate copies of everything, 1 set for onward transmission and one for your local office.

• Like 2