Mini-pig nuetering

On 4/22/2021 at 7:54 PM, Moonrakers said:

Thanks.

Do they operate in Bangkok? My wife's tried a few vets so far without any luck

I think you will struggle to find a vet in Bangkok to do one , most vets they are cat and dog  vets ,pigs would be  well out of they comfort zone .

As IA said he did them under a month old ,I have done them at 2 weeks.

Long story short ,a good  few years ago I did a few they were 40-60 kg jobs , had to do them before slaughter as the owner would lose money on them ,had them a pig crate ,used a locale aesthetic  ,one we had to knock out ,not a nice job .

Any chance you know someone up country more chance of someone doing one they than in a city .

• Like 1

i would say from 5 days old....

in farm we would do say 200/300 per month.

sharp blade/razer. 2  little nicks then pull the balls out, iodine , done. straight back to drinking milk.

if you do yourself check that the balls are "free/loose" if one is attached to the stomach area i would try and find someone to do for you. ie you could pull intestine out.

have a look on youtube, video tutorial  ect,, maybe...

• Sad 1

Thanks folks.

There's no way I'll be doing it myself. I'd rather pay a professional to do it to help ensure the litle fella comes to no harm (asides from having his bits removed, obviously).

We found a BKK vet that'll do it for 5k. A bit more than I thought it would be but OK. 2 other places quoted 20k. Ouch... 

1 hour ago, Moonrakers said:

Thanks folks.

There's no way I'll be doing it myself. I'd rather pay a professional to do it to help ensure the litle fella comes to no harm (asides from having his bits removed, obviously).

We found a BKK vet that'll do it for 5k. A bit more than I thought it would be but OK. 2 other places quoted 20k. Ouch... 

5K ,when can I start ,it will cost the vet 200 baht tops , and that if he uses a local aesthetic ,which I doubt ,again as IA and thoongfoned  it is a 2-minute job , the biggest problem I can see, with a vet doing the job  is finding some who is capable of holding the pig , unless they will knock him out ,and pigs take some knocking out .

20 hours ago, Moonrakers said:

Thanks folks.

how old is the pig? about how much does it weigh?