Harsher COVID Measures Possible

snoop1130

5 hours ago, Andycoops said:

All due to the government encouraging the citizenry to travel over Songkran and merrily spread the virus to the four corners of the Kingdom.

Harsher measures is just what they want to suppress opposition to their incompetent administration.

I also note that the billionaire health Nut is keeping quiet and out of site recently, since the surge in cases.

You view is not reflected by the reported spread. In Pattaya it looks like hi so places from visiting weekend Bangkokians were part of the issue. What are the figures for the Issan provinces?

3 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Seriously?

There is a thread here from the end of March (March 23) "government encourages people to travel this Songkran"  talking about it.

Government spokeswoman Traisuree Taisaranakul said that Thais were free to travel at Songkran - it was the government's way of giving happiness to the people

Please keep up with the truth.

But the new outbreak was not understood until April where it was started by you know who..So March is an irrelevant date. My understanding was that after the realization of a new outbreak Songkran travel though not banned nationally was it  NOT encouraged with various provinces introducing their own measures

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, austhai said:

Asymptomatic should be allowed to self quarantine at home unless the government want to cover the cost. No one without symptoms should be used to make money & held against their will.

I believe that field hospitals do not charge asymptomatic patients. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Thailand said:

Assuming that testing is at steady state levels, then field hospitals emptying means that the positivity rate is declining. 

39 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Assuming that testing is at steady state levels, then field hospitals emptying means that the positivity rate is declining. 

Or, it means that no one wants to be stuck in a field isolation facility so most people are avoiding being tested...  ???? 

Too many photo’s of beds made out of cardboard and now that everyone knows that males and females are separated all the guys know there’s no chance they’ll be in an isolation facility with all the Krystal Girls !!! ????

But....  I do hope you are correct and the reducing numbers in the field isolation facilities (I’m reluctant to call them hospitals) are, along with stabilising numbers ‘daily new cases’ a genuine indication of a reducing trend of cases on the whole.

Again... its all about whether or not we trust the official numbers, something I a little reluctant to accept and wonder if there hasn’t been a prevalence of unmonitored cases throughout Thailand since late 2019 and the reason so few seem to have severe symptoms is that herd immunity has already been achieved - just a thought.