Thailand to Support ASEAN Summit Resolutions

snoop1130

1619069071127-1536x1023.jpg

BANGKOK, April 22 (TNA) – Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha in his phone conversation with Indonesian President Joko Widodo promised to support resolutions from the Special ASEAN Summit scheduled at the ASEAN Secretariat in Jakarta on April 24.

On the occasion, Gen Prayut praised Indonesia for calling for the special meeting to discuss situations in Myanmar.

He said he was concerned about situations in Myanmar and was aware that they were challenging regional peace and stability.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-680660

tnalogo.jpg

-- © Copyright TNA 2021-04-22

7 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha in his phone conversation with Indonesian President Joko Widodo promised to support resolutions from the Special ASEAN Summit scheduled at the ASEAN Secretariat in Jakarta on April 24.

o let me guess ; "it is an internal affair" (in-other-words,we dont have the balls to do anything about it)

7 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

He said he was concerned about situations in Myanmar and was aware that they were challenging regional peace and stability.

An attempt to try and claim 'challenging regional peace and stability'. Almost creative there, but Asean can't say things like that.

It's 'interfering in the internal affairs of a member country' and not allowed, according to Asean's own silly rules.

• Like 1

Didn't the Thai PM did the same action many years back? Correct me if I am wrong.

I don't remember any death toll in Thailand's coup many years ago......???

However, the death toll in Myanmar is alarming.

Edited by EricTh

7 hours ago, bluesofa said:

An attempt to try and claim 'challenging regional peace and stability'. Almost creative there, but Asean can't say things like that.

It's 'interfering in the internal affairs of a member country' and not allowed, according to Asean's own silly rules.

ASEAN's rules are nowhere near as silly (nor, for that matter, pointless) as the EU's, believe you me!

• Confused 1

21 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

He said he was concerned about situations in Myanmar

Oh really???

18 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Difficult to condemn a coup when you did the same thing.

Yes indeed:-

Meet Asia's newest strongman: Thailand's General Prayuth | The World from  PRX

Meet Asia’s newest strongman: Thailand’s General Prayuth

GlobalPost

September 10, 2014 · 5:01 AM UTC

https://www.pri.org/stories/2014-09-10/meet-asia-s-newest-strongman-thailand-s-general-prayuth

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information
  • Like 2