1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

unless you give some form of description why would anyone bother to click

what description do you need? So every time you go on U tube you need a description about the topic? It clearly says if you save 1 live you are a hero if you save 100 lives you are a nurse hope you never need one.

2 hours ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

what description do you need? So every time you go on U tube you need a description about the topic? It clearly says if you save 1 live you are a hero if you save 100 lives you are a nurse hope you never need one.

As far as I know nurses don't save any lives, the doctors are the ones in charge, and the nurses are just minions. I've known many nurses, and while they do appear to be generally nice and caring people, not very bright or innovative and they just obey their orders.

Claiming they save any lives is just ridiculous.

When did you last have a medical emergency and ask to see a nurse?

Edited by BritManToo
34 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

As far as I know nurses don't save any lives, the doctors are the ones in charge, and the nurses are just minions. I've known many nurses, and while they do appear to be generally nice and caring people, not very bright or innovative and they just obey their orders.

While this is mostly correct, it's not always.

The first persons at the scene of an accident or emergency (outside of a hospital) are often paramedics or nurses, and they might actually save your life.

If you are already in a hospital, then usually there will of course be a doctor around who gives the orders.

• Thanks 1
34 minutes ago, jackdd said:

While this is mostly correct, it's not always.

The first persons at the scene of an accident or emergency (outside of a hospital) are often paramedics or nurses, and they might actually save your life.

If you are already in a hospital, then usually there will of course be a doctor around who gives the orders.

The first people at the scene of an accident are 'first responders'

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

On several occasions....too many in...different countries..There are not enough doctors to deal with every potential emergency

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Not only in Thailand, nurses do save lives and they have a lot of responsibilities in one shift.

A nurse in a European country saw that I had a serious bacterial infection that none of the doctors had realized.

Almost all underneath the skin at my leg was eaten away by a bacteria, also called Staphylococcus Aureus. 

An older nurse understood my problem and told me what it was. i went to see a doctor and was on the OP list on the next morning. That saved my leg. 

Other nurses save lives by correcting the mistakes done by those who call themselves doctors. 

Without her, I'd have lost a leg, that's for sure. Saying that they are not involved in saving lives is so wrong.

The doctors at Thai hospitals, often fresh graduates often have to ask some nurses about  particular medical treatments, or the dosage/usage of a medicine. 

The doctors without nurses would be like a school without teachers.

Only the nurses, together with the doctors make a hospital to an effective place to fight any diseases, or help sick people with other problems.

And all nurses around the world risk their lives for us. Isn't that something where they should deserve some more respect? 

Edited by Covedian21
  • Thanks 2
9 hours ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

I don't think most posters on here don't get my point just look at the beginning of the video and read it

I get your point. Yup, decent, educated & caring Nurses are great.

What's the reason for your post though, Mr Pie?