Thailand says Russia agrees to supply Sputnik V COVID-19 vaccine

snoop1130

5 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Four people recently died in Russia shortly after taking the Sputnik V anti-corona jab in previously unreported cases, which are being taken "seriously" by the EU regulator, the European Medicines Agency (EMA) in Amsterdam.

https://euobserver.com/world/151483

If people die after a Sputnik vaccination the Western media dog-piles the story with hyperbole and vitriol. 
If people die after taking an AstraZenaca vaccine (or any vaccine developed in the West) then the stories get buried, and should they surface, discounted and tossed down the MSM memory hole.

This is about Geo-politics and finding fault with what the West infers are their "enemies" while ignoring what transpires in their own backyard.  "Enemies" - countries who have their own self-interests that are aligned to a multi-polar world vs a uni-polar hegemon. 

Although a Buddhist, I think Jesus did have insights that we, as the brotherhood of man, should perhaps attempt to emulate.  This sums the West's criticisms of all things Russia and China pretty well:

"“Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the stick in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a stick in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the stick out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

You fail at slang, try using polite debate?

I'm aware of the reports of the talks they had, I've also just posted for you another option they have, especially if the EU regulator does not approve Sputnik, as its all dependent on that. At the moment that is under question.

"We can confirm that all reports are treated seriously by the EMA and assessed directly," an EMA spokeswoman told EUobserver on Thursday, referring to the RosPotrebNadzor files on deaths and other complications.

"In this particular case, the report hints to the safety of the vaccine, which is a fundamental aspect to be evaluated both during the ongoing rolling review and in the assessment subsequent to the filing of a marketing authorisation application. For this reason, we cannot comment at this stage on the facts narrated in the [RosPotrebNadzor] report," she added. 

https://euobserver.com/world/151483

So as above EMA (EU regulator) needs to sort out many issues yet.

Ok, I politely telling u 

A. All vaccines are easy to produce. It's not rocket science. If u have a flu vaccine it's easy to remodel it for covid use. Russia has its own flu vaccine, as many more other countries.

B. Russia said it's Vaccine is a good jab. Lancet in a way proved it. Countries are still buying it. Even some EU countries still buying it. Russia outsourced it to many countries to produce. South Korea, india etc. 

C. Only "democracy approved, novichok free" vaccine is a Phizer vaccine. AZ compromised, moderna is nowhere near  Phizer in PR ratings.

Good jab, but failing to produce in enough quantities. That's why people in Estonia crossing border with Russia to get a "dictator" Sputnik.

D. Phizer is used as a political tool. You can be absolutely sure about it. Try to be a small country president who is trying to secure Phizer shipping.

"We call u next week", "u in a queue" and other BS. All this BS while States proudly reporting on "200 mil jabs and counting"

U either a 51 state, or u on ur own.

E. Sputnik comes with obligations? Oh yeah! No surprise Prayut said about good relations between countries. He knows it's not a one time shipping. And if u want to be sure jabs are coming u need to be cool with a seller. But good for him to have many sellers. 

16 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

On February 8, Thailand’s Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) has repeated its commitment to give everyone in the country – including expats and migrant workers – vaccinations against COVID-19. Expats and foreign workers are likely to be vaccinated in phase 3 from June.

https://www.facebook.com/thailandprd/posts/the-public-health-ministry-will-start-vaccinating-the-general-public-against-cov/4188083681215014/

However if that promise falls through I'll buy through a hospital if they are allowed to sell them. 

Please don't post links to Facebook - those of us who don't have FB accounts cannot read them....or if you do, please make them public, or post the link AND quote the contents..

Thanks......

• Thanks 2

16 hours ago, friendofthai said:

Of course, your own "football team" is the best in your opinion. And the competitors are "not so good". 

I have no particular dog in the fight but even by any objective measure, there's no comparison between RT and Reuters.

RT is a wholly state-controlled TV network funded by the federal tax budget of the Russian government.

Reuters is a privately-owned independent news agency with a deserved reputation as a highly accurate and unbiased source of information, according to any media bias website you care to look at.

Edited by GroveHillWanderer
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

I have no particular dog in the fight but even by any objective measure, there's no comparison between RT and Reuters.

RT is a wholly state-controlled TV network funded by the federal tax budget of the Russian government.

Reuters is a privately-owned independent news agency with a deserved reputation as a highly accurate and unbiased source of information, according to any media bias website you care to look at.

There is only one independent news source in the West. It is WikiLeaks.
And its destiny is an illustration good enough for the other media resources what will happen if they will become really independent.

Edited by friendofthai
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, boogiewoogie said:

Ok, I politely telling u 

A. All vaccines are easy to produce. It's not rocket science. If u have a flu vaccine it's easy to remodel it for covid use. Russia has its own flu vaccine, as many more other countries.

B. Russia said it's Vaccine is a good jab. Lancet in a way proved it. Countries are still buying it. Even some EU countries still buying it. Russia outsourced it to many countries to produce. South Korea, india etc. 

C. Only "democracy approved, novichok free" vaccine is a Phizer vaccine. AZ compromised, moderna is nowhere near  Phizer in PR ratings.

Good jab, but failing to produce in enough quantities. That's why people in Estonia crossing border with Russia to get a "dictator" Sputnik.

D. Phizer is used as a political tool. You can be absolutely sure about it. Try to be a small country president who is trying to secure Phizer shipping.

"We call u next week", "u in a queue" and other BS. All this BS while States proudly reporting on "200 mil jabs and counting"

E. Sputnik comes with obligations? Oh yeah! No surprise Prayut said about good relations between countries. He knows it's not a one time shipping. And if u want to be sure jabs are coming u need to be cool with a seller. But good for him to have many sellers. 

A. mRNA vaccines are now easier to produce. But they have not been throughly reviewed. Emergency authorization. Right?

B. Lancet only published their studies. Lots of scientists are asking for all the data. It was a very rushed vaccine. Perhaps done for vaccine diplomacy?

C. Almost all vaccines will keep you out of the hospital. In the end.  That's what counts.

D. Pfizer is a political tool? Come on. The US put big money on the line in January 2020. Why didn't other countries put big money down then to secure vaccines?  Right....

25 minutes ago, friendofthai said:

There is only one independent news source in the West. It is WikiLeaks.
And its destiny is an illustration good enough for the other media resources what will happen if they will become really independent.

Tin foil hat time.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Tin foil hat time.

There is a simple reason why it is impossible for this world to have an independent media anywhere. The absence of control from your government means that it could be controlled by other governments. Lets say you have election tomorrow in your country. And the destiny of millions of people in your country could be easily ruined by a single media-bomb from this independent media. This is completely unacceptable for any country.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, boogiewoogie said:

Ok, I politely telling u 

A. Vaccines are not easy to produce, if it was that easy the world would have sufficient by now 10 months ago. Flu vaccines are made by many countries including Thailand but they've not produced a covid vaccine because of it.

B. Lancet gave a good interim phase 3 study summary. Before anyone makes conclusions the final study also needs to be published.

C. I'll ignore the propganda remark on this point ie "novichok free" . Pfizer was developed by Germany who then partnered with Pfizer. AZ is not compromised, its doing its job and helping the world fight the virus.

D. Pfizer being used as a political tool? 

E. Why would any vaccine come with obligations? 

So thanks I've addressed and responded to your points, please respond to my only point below:

Has Russia ever considered providing Sputnik at cost price, the same as Astrazeneca or J&J.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, friendofthai said:

There is a simple reason why it is impossible for this world to have an independent media anywhere. The absence of control from your government means that it could be controlled by other governments. Lets say you have election tomorrow in your country. And the destiny of millions of people in your country could be easily ruined by a single media-bomb from this independent media. This is completely unacceptable for any country.

A touch of paranoia and sprinkle of conspiracy in your statement above. No other words to describe it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VBF said:

Please don't post links to Facebook - those of us who don't have FB accounts cannot read them....or if you do, please make them public, or post the link AND quote the contents..

Thanks......

Actually thats the reason I copied and pasted the relevant paragraph so people with no facebook account could read it. ????

Edited by Bkk Brian

48 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Actually thats the reason I copied and pasted the relevant paragraph so people with no facebook account could read it. ????

Either I'm going blind or potty (probably both!) but I just didn't see that - sorry! ????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JimboB4 said:

Look at all the issues with the vaccines in the US. You’re never going to know what the issues are with the Russian vaccine. No thanks I will get Pfizer. 

Navalny team waits such cases as other on this forum. Once it happened you will see it in CNN.  

To your disappointment, this has not happened yet.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Dmitry2222 said:

He needs scientific data, 10 pages asks for it.

Thats statistics on the vaccination administration of the population. 

If thats what you call the scientific data then you've missed science lessons at school. Next

12 hours ago, crazykopite said:

It is rumoured that the Russians managed to hack the AZ  data base and reproduced it so much so the only difference is the name 

Let's hope they improved it a bit the same time too.... ????

7 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yes so long as Russia provides all relevant data, then WHO will inspect the production site then bingo, you will have the decision. They are doing it right now for Sinovac and the decision is due within a couple of weeks.

Scientific data were the criteria few pages ago. What happened and you changed criteria of good vaccine to decision of WHO? 

1 minute ago, Dmitry2222 said:

Scientific data were the criteria few pages ago. What happened and you changed criteria of good vaccine to decision of WHO? 

Pardon? Scientific data has always been the criteria, thats what everyone is waiting for the, final phase 3 study, what part of that do you not understand?

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yes so long as Russia provides all relevant data, then WHO will inspect the production site then bingo, you will have the decision. They are doing it right now for Sinovac and the decision is due within a couple of weeks.

The "Russian" POV seems to be kind of a victim mentality. The established global health authorities won't recognize our nationalistic branded vaccine even if it is safe and effective. They don't like us. They don't like Putin. They don't want us to have good publicity for political reasons. Are they right? I don't think so.

I think the world including the WHO does want the Sputnik vaccine as long as it's proven to be safe and effective. Just like any other vaccine.

Desperate for any such vaccines actually!

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1