Thailand says Russia agrees to supply Sputnik V COVID-19 vaccine

snoop1130

8 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

It's not why I don't like it, it's about the experts and their concern about lack of transparency of the data. Makes sense.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/slovak-health-ministry-says-sputnik-v-doses-tested-hungary-satisfactory-2021-05-09/

Its approved. 

But circus need to go on. Next act is Brazil. Lets see how it will work out.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, boogiewoogie said:

U trippin balls.

India buying 360mil jabs, guyana, all former USSR and list go on.

Or u ment "westerners"? 

Actually, some Indian manufacturer has signed a licensing deal with Sputnik that will allow it to manufacture the vaccine.

8 hours ago, boogiewoogie said:

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/slovak-health-ministry-says-sputnik-v-doses-tested-hungary-satisfactory-2021-05-09/

Its approved. 

But circus need to go on. Next act is Brazil. Lets see how it will work out.

From that article.  Dodgy as heck:

She did not provide details on what kind of tests were carried out in Hungary or how the results might address any data gaps raised by Slovakia's drug regulator.

To date Russia has not won approval from the EU regulator, the European Medicines Agency, for Sputnik V. So far, Hungary is the only EU country to have begun inoculations with Sputnik V without waiting for EMA approval.

German Chancellor Angela Merkel said last month the EMA has not yet received sufficient information about Russia’s Sputnik V coronavirus vaccine to approve it but if approval does come soon, Germany will buy it.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Read it closer.  Jones may be doing the actual article, but the data is from Russian doctors.  Many dodgy articles are submitted to The Lancet, many are not peer reviewed.  And that's clearly stated.

From your link, first sentence:

Denis Logunov and colleagues1 report their interim results from a phase 3 trial of the Sputnik V COVID-19 vaccine in The Lancet.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-sputnik-mutations-idUSKBN2AR0E7

Russian scientists say Sputnik V performs well against COVID mutations

“(A) recent study carried out by the Gamaleya Centre in Russia showed that revaccination with Sputnik V vaccine is working very well against new coronavirus mutations, including the UK and South African strains of coronavirus,” said Denis Logunov, a deputy director of the centre, which developed the Sputnik V shot.

5 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Read it closer.  Jones may be doing the actual article, but the data is from Russian doctors.  Many dodgy articles are submitted to The Lancet, many are not peer reviewed.  And that's clearly stated.

From your link, first sentence:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-sputnik-mutations-idUSKBN2AR0E7

Russian scientists say Sputnik V performs well against COVID mutations

“(A) recent study carried out by the Gamaleya Centre in Russia showed that revaccination with Sputnik V vaccine is working very well against new coronavirus mutations, including the UK and South African strains of coronavirus,” said Denis Logunov, a deputy director of the centre, which developed the Sputnik V shot.

You're correct. My mistake.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, placeholder said:

You're correct. My mistake.

Another member here posted a link to a study published by the lancet.  It was dodgy as heck, from a covid denier.  Not sure why they do this, but it clearly stated this was submitted and NOT peer reviewed.  Not sure why they'd allow dodgy research reports to be published on their website. 

Anyway, IMHO, nothing wrong with the Russian jab.  It's better than most.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Another member here posted a link to a study published by the lancet.  It was dodgy as heck, from a covid denier.  Not sure why they do this, but it clearly stated this was submitted and NOT peer reviewed.  Not sure why they'd allow dodgy research reports to be published on their website. 

Anyway, IMHO, nothing wrong with the Russian jab.  It's better than most.

I looked for follow-up studies done outside of Russia to see how it performed. I couldn't find anything.

• Like 1

Just now, placeholder said:

I looked for follow-up studies done outside of Russia to see how it performed. I couldn't find anything.

There was a report about a defect in manufacturing with the result that some of the deactivated viruses became active again.

• Like 1