Thailand says Russia agrees to supply Sputnik V COVID-19 vaccine

snoop1130

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

You did not show the results for Phase 3. Interim Phase 3 trial results are not the same as final Phase 3 trial results that are peer reviewed, you do understand that right?

I well know what is peer-reviewed...

Yes, You are not convinced ???? Just live wit it; there are no facts on the Earth that will convince You that Sprutik is working.

2 hours ago, Forza2002 said:

No doubt it's a case of cheap vaccines for the serfs, AZ for the Elite 1%...

This is a very strange comment. The AstraZeneca vaccine is in fact the cheapest because it's being sold at cost by the manufacturer. The government is paying 4 times more for Sinovac even though no peer-reviewed study has yet been published and is effectiveness in preventing hospitalisation and death is much lower.

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Thanks for that. Sounds good.

“This data confirms that Sputnik V demonstrates one of the best protection rates against coronavirus among all vaccines,” said Kirill Dmitriev, head of the RDIF sovereign wealth fund which is backing the vaccine." 

"The new data will be published in a peer-reviewed medical journal next month, the statement added."

I look forward to the official study after its been peer reviewed. As the current reviews are lees than complimentary on it.

Concerns with the Sputnik V vaccine data

https://www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.n743/rr-1

I wouldn't be worried about reports older than 2 months,  COVID looks like fast moving target and the speed is accelerating.

Any report about AZ from India? They have administered more than 100 mil doses so far. I don't think they have time to write reports, busy with burning bodies now.

There were reports that many of the manufacturers are working on vaccine variants which are more efficient against the South African variant, to be available by the end of the year. However by the end of the year there probably would be new variants, so need for newer vaccines again.

As many wise experts said - get the first vaccine available, so far all of them look effective enough to keep you alive.

• Like 2

Just now, gearbox said:

I wouldn't be worried about reports older than 2 months,  COVID looks like fast moving target and the speed is accelerating.

Any report about AZ from India? They have administered more than 100 mil doses so far. I don't think they have time to write reports, busy with burning bodies now.

There were reports that many of the manufacturers are working on vaccine variants which are more efficient against the South African variant, to be available by the end of the year. However by the end of the year there probably would be new variants, so need for newer vaccines again.

As many wise experts said - get the first vaccine available, so far all of them look effective enough to keep you alive.

The article I linked to was published 19 March 2021, 4 weeks ago, pretty up to date. 

India data, not that I've seen, plenty on Israel though!

I'm too old for Sinovac, I'm 61 so I qualify for AZ, there's my first offer and I'll take it.

Anyway as mentioned when WHO has approved Sputnik or even sets a date for its decision then I'll be more confident in it

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

I'm too old for Sinovac, I'm 61 so I qualify for AZ, there's my first offer and I'll take it.

In fact, mass vaccination of Russians over 60 y.o. just started in February. My parents 83 and 72 both did it early March.

• Like 1

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

The article I linked to was published 19 March 2021, 4 weeks ago, pretty up to date. 

India data, not that I've seen, plenty on Israel though!

Anyway as mentioned when WHO has approved Sputnik or even sets a date for its decision then I'll be more confident in it

I don't need to think at the moment too much about choosing a vaccine - I'm currently in Thailand and there is not a single type of vaccine on offer ????

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Amdesign said:

In fact, mass vaccination of Russians over 60 y.o. just started in February. My parents 83 and 72 both did it early March.

Yes good. I'm talking about here in Thailand though. Sinovac is not used for people over 60.

AZ is currently used for the over 60's.

Although once they've got production of AZ going in Thailand then it will be used for all age groups.

Just now, Amdesign said:

Yes, Putin just called me, and ordered to post that ????????????

I think mass media brainwash is contraindication for the vaccination ????

Reuters photo fraud here. One set of the many.

2006?

Wow.

Media makes mistakes sometimes. 

You have really drunk the Putin Kool-aid.

6 minutes ago, gearbox said:

I don't need to think at the moment too much about choosing a vaccine - I'm currently in Thailand and there is not a single type of vaccine on offer ????

On February 8, Thailand’s Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) has repeated its commitment to give everyone in the country – including expats and migrant workers – vaccinations against COVID-19. Expats and foreign workers are likely to be vaccinated in phase 3 from June.

https://www.facebook.com/thailandprd/posts/the-public-health-ministry-will-start-vaccinating-the-general-public-against-cov/4188083681215014/

However if that promise falls through I'll buy through a hospital if they are allowed to sell them. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, boogiewoogie said:

People mostly went thru covid and have a relaxing life. 

I had a dinner with my friends in Moscow on April 1st, and approx 50% of them have gone through COVID (some of them 'suspect they did', some with formal medical diagnosis).  About 25% are vaccinated. One was vaccinated and then got a COVID in light form (he said he was lucky to make 2nd jab just before)...

Yes, I agree, semi-Swedish model. But a) protect the older people b) offer vaccination c) have enough ventilators and facilities to cope with infections, just in case.

Edited by Amdesign