Thailand says Russia agrees to supply Sputnik V COVID-19 vaccine

snoop1130

11 hours ago, 2 is 1 said:

On 2 February 2021, an interim analysis from the trial was published in The Lancet, indicating 91.6% efficacy without unusual side effects.

Sputnik is like AZ and J&J vaccine and actualy maybe not so sht what all think! Problem is, nobody get enough vaccine!

It is rumoured that the Russians managed to hack the AZ  data base and reproduced it so much so the only difference is the name 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, internationalism said:

sinovac was not cheap, 650b per vial for the first batch 2mln.

Thai have ordered another 2mln.

at $21 per vial it's more expensive, as many other ones.

But thailand has no choice, has to buy anything and for any price.

They waited far too long.

So I won't be surprised if they pay also over $20 for sputnik. Blame thailand for not planning for the future waves and new strains 

Blame does little other than pacifying one's ego 

10 hours ago, rabas said:

Had a long talk with a good friend in Moscow yesterday. His story is very different than yours. He slipped on ice a couple of weeks ago and badly needs an X-ray and MRI, but says he doesn't dare go to a hospital until they can get covid under control.  Same Moscow?

With serious side effects and the ongoing vaccine war, it would have been on CNN and the BBC. Probably not all that bad?

Edited by Dmitry2222
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, John Drake said:

First, vaccine from China. Now, vaccine from Russia. Do Iran and North Korea have a vaccine?

Maybe Cuba, which is a highly reliable international partner, have some vaccine for sale?

Edited by AlQaholic

20 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

I follow this stuff pretty closely.  This is absolutely the best description of the various vaccines I've seen.  Easy to understand, well laid out.  Perfect!!!!

Net: All of the vaccines will keep you from dying, or in the ICU with a tube jammed down your throat.  They all are 100% effective at this.  So, their recommendation?  The best vaccine is the one you can get.

Thanks!!!

With respect, they do a good job but not quite 100% effective in preventing all deaths and hospitalizations, I think its important to know that. Studies in the west on that are filtering out now, although they tend to be people in the older age group simply because they were the first in line.

Israel however has a great study out now, although a little complex but here's a version summary. So around 97% is estimated here, not quite 100% but not far off.

https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-release/press-release-detail/real-world-evidence-confirms-high-effectiveness-pfizer

The real world data for the Sinovax to prevent deaths is 80% from Chile.

10 hours ago, Amdesign said:

I am vaccinated by Sputnik, and many people I know. Never heard about side effects.

Regarding 'propaganda': if You go to Moscow, everything is open for many months - shops, restaurants, karaoke, public transport, etc. all businesses are open. You only have to wear mask in public transport and in enclosed public spaces. Not like in EU countries going through constant lockdowns. Why? Because vaccination is widely available, it is independent from foreign suppliers, it costs about 700Baht per jab (free for retired and social groups), government advertises vaccination widely. 2 jabs are required, 3 weeks between them. They deployed mobile vaccination centers, they are even in shopping malls...

The advantage of Russian vaccine is: does not need to be stored/transported at very low temperatures.

As to 'Slovakia issue' with Sputnik, this is dirty political games and competition. Mass media noise, no proofs. Why Russia would risk reputation to supply substandard vaccines, for what purpose??

I wouldn't pay too much attention to what the Slovenians are saying, they are currently supporting the Czech Republic in  their diplomatic dispute with  Russia. 

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Real world data is from Scientific press, thats why I'm asking for it, you said there is plenty, where?

Here's some examples  of real world data.

There are many links above in the thread about sputnik. Open your eyes man.

13 hours ago, Chang_paarp said:

First Sonovac, now Sputnik. They must be cheap.

More like desperate, Prayuts plan to only buy minimal vaccines and wait for the Siam Bioscience facility to produce all Thailands needs has bit him in the <deleted>.

• Like 2

I'm very pro vaccine.  Because of what we're going through, it seems out only way out of this mess.  But some controversy surrounds the Russian jab.

https://www.dw.com/en/is-sputnik-v-vaccine-safe/a-57219314

International experts had strong reservations about the results — and not only because of the size of the trial groups. Several researchers pointed out a number of oddities: For example, even though the participants had been given very different forms of the vaccine, the study found that they all had the exact same level of antibodies in their blood on different days. They said that it could not be a coincidence that the participants all had identical levels of T-cells, which fight the SARS-CoV-2 virus. Some 40 scientists from Europe, the United States, Canada and even Russia signed an open letter raising concerns that data might have been manipulated.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/science/coronavirus-vaccine-tracker.html#gamaleya

Vaccine name: Sputnik V (also known as Gam-Covid-Vac)

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

With respect, they do a good job but not quite 100% effective in preventing all deaths and hospitalizations, I think its important to know that. Studies in the west on that are filtering out now, although they tend to be people in the older age group simply because they were the first in line.

Israel however has a great study out now, although a little complex but here's a version summary. So around 97% is estimated here, not quite 100% but not far off.

https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-release/press-release-detail/real-world-evidence-confirms-high-effectiveness-pfizer

The real world data for the Sinovax to prevent deaths is 80% from Chile.

Everything I've read has indicated 100% effective at preventing death and serious sickness.  This is different from efficacy.  The video describes the differences quite well.

In the end, the jabs are our only way out of this mess.  Crazy times.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Read them all still waiting for the real world data, can you show me......................?

I do believe that's the big concern with this jab.  How they rolled it out early.  Dodgy published results.  Etc.

But so far, it doesn't seem to be killing people and it does seem to be working.

I think there are some 200 vaccines for covid under development.  Many will be abandoned.  But more will come to market.  Especially as this virus mutates and we need booster shots.

Great article on the jabs available now, or under development:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/science/coronavirus-vaccine-tracker.html

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Albert Zweistein said:

650 bht per vial,how many jabs per vial ? In Europe with Pizer 6 jabs per vial so pretty cheap if the same goes for Sino.

the standard is one dose per vial. Almost all covid vax are packed that traditional way.

Otherwise mistakes can happen, and it did happen - a doctor, who rarely administer vax and is not skilled (not a nurse, who usually does it) injected to several patients the whole vials, before it was spotted and corrected. Nothing happen to those patients, but they were held in hospital for sometimes under observation. I don't remember what country it was, somewhere in europe. Happen around december, at the beginning of vaccination program

Get ready to take off with this vaccine?  Desperation is setting in scrapping the bottom to get what they can get even paying for it of course when that is done the official will surely get their cut. What is sure like the PM don't give me that <deleted> Sino and for sure the Ruskie rocket.

My neighbor a Doctor who works in a major private hospital in Pattaya indicates not one person working has had any vaccine all waiting and hoping for the Pfizer and Moderna or J-J  been offer the Sino no takers!????

2 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Everything I've read has indicated 100% effective at preventing death and serious sickness.  This is different from efficacy.  The video describes the differences quite well.

In the end, the jabs are our only way out of this mess.  Crazy times.

Sure I understand, the effectiveness is in real world settings ie: 

Whilst trials have shown several COVID-19 vaccines to have high levels of efficacy, like all other vaccines, COVID-19 vaccines will not be 100% effective. WHO is working to help ensure that approved vaccines are as effective as possible, so they can have the greatest impact on the pandemic.

https://www.who.int/news-room/q-a-detail/coronavirus-disease-(covid-19)-vaccines#:~:text=Whilst trials have shown several,impact on the pandemic.

The latest analysis from the MoH proves that two weeks after the second vaccine dose protection is even stronger – vaccine effectiveness was at least 97% in preventing symptomatic disease, severe/critical disease and death. 

That said its such a small amount of people that would still become seriously sick or die that its not worth worrying about.

• Like 1