Bank Book Copy Mistake (?)

Chaeng Wattana was quite crowded todsy but I was able to buck the line thanks to my online appointment.  My papers were complete but I was given four other forms to fill out.  One of them appeared to substitute for a TM 30.  It required me to enter my address and then serve as my own guarantor.  Some papers needed to be signed three times.  I had gone in with everything already signed but a stamp was put on some forms in which I had to sign again.  My documents were checked 3-4 times and I was told to wait out in the crowd while my application was finalized.

After a while, an officer came out and told me to go to Bangkok Bank to have my bank book updated.  I had gotten my account certification letter and had the bank book updated earlier (the branch WAS open) but hadn't made a new copy of the updated last page.  I pointed out that it had been updated today.  I wasn't required to make a copy of the updated page and soon received my passport.  Next year, I'll make a copy of the updated page.

There are printing irregularities in my bank book and I was armed with bank statements for the past thirteen months but they weren't required.  I was impressed with the number of times thst my documents were carefully checked and that I was required to have a photograph taken while holding a copy of my queue appointment and my address guarantor form under my chin.  The online appointment certainly speeded up my processing time!

34 minutes ago, DogNo1 said:

The online appointment certainly speeded up my processing time!

It does speed things up, though it also means anyone/everyone on planet earth can see your private data like name, passport number, date of birth....  They don't just fail to use an SSL certificate (needed for HTTPS).  They also have left all the data publicly accessible to anyone/everyone who wants to poke around to get it.

It isn't that hard to make the site just a wee bit more secure, but apparently they don't care.  :annoyed:

2 hours ago, DogNo1 said:

Chaeng Wattana was quite crowded todsy but I was able to buck the line thanks to my online appointment.  My papers were complete but I was given four other forms to fill out.  One of them appeared to substitute for a TM 30.  It required me to enter my address and then serve as my own guarantor.  Some papers needed to be signed three times.  I had gone in with everything already signed but a stamp was put on some forms in which I had to sign again.  My documents were checked 3-4 times and I was told to wait out in the crowd while my application was finalized.

I did mine at CW last month. The appointment system worked well and 90 minutes from entry to exit with a re-entry stamp too. What I can't understand is the need for all those extra forms asking for duplicate info over and over. One comprehensive downloadable form to cover everything would make so much more sense and save them a lot of time and effort. Time that they surely would better spend chatting to their colleagues, eating or playing with their phones.  We can live in hope but T.I.T!

7 hours ago, DogNo1 said:

.  Next year, I'll make a copy of the updated page

Very easy for folk dealing with CW with the added appointment system.

A tip for folk using money in bank retirement for extension.

From your bank at CW (apart from SCB) make a deposit (eg 100baht) and ask the teller to photocopy the last page after deposit. She will know what you require.

Of course also the bank letter. 

Thanks Dr.Jack.  I'll do that. This year, she updated the bankbook with a Balance Fwd. entry dated yesterday. Works just as well.  I hadn't thought of asking the teller for the last page copy.

Too bad about the security issues.