Health minister sees COVID-19 situation normalizing in 2-3 weeks

webfact

All that means is that, in 2-3 weeks Thailand will cease testing for covid 19, thus there will be no new patients so no new data to report. Won’t mean a thing,?just like every other word that this guy says.

7 hours ago, Excel said:

The only thing he can see clearly are the billions of baht in his bank accounts and his mates getting their rocks of in illegal clubs. 

'Relieving the stress of their governmental duties' is preferred to the crude term 'getting their rocks off. Please report immediately for attitude adjustment.

• Haha 2

Some posts and replies trolling about 'Snake Oil' have been removed. 

A post with content that was copy and pasted from Bangkok Post has been removed as well as a reply:

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

"He assured Thais that the situation is under control and is progressing as expected by relevant committees, with all sides contributing to control of the virus, and public health systems operating effectively. Nonetheless, the DPM said most important is public cooperation, as infections have begun to stagnate and should lessen in 2-3 weeks if citizens maintain controls."

105 Thailand 50,183 +2,070 121 +4

So 2070 new cases and the situation is "under control"? I think that's what was said when there were less than 100 new cases a day! How many cases does it need for it to be "out of control? Of course, that we will never know, but let's not forget who is speaking these words (with forked tongue) in 2 - 3 weeks, but by then he'll have come out with something more unbelievable. (He's covered his backside by the "if citizens maintain controls).

Mind, I do hope he's right, because then they might open the bars and allow drinking alcohol in restaurants again, and we can get back to "the new normal"

Edited by sambum

"BANGKOK (NNT) - The Minister of Public Health has pointed out daily COVID-19 infection rates have begun to stagnate and the situation should begin to normalize in 2-3 weeks while calling on hospitals to bolster protection by dispensing Creat and assuring patients that two million Favipiravir pills are available with more to be ordered."

This is just a hiccup! Don't worry, fellas -- the Minister says that numbers will start to rapidly fall -- soooon!

How would he know?

Prior to Songkhran, my Thai GF's village had been COVID-free since the lockdown ended in Chiang Rai province in June of last year.

Post Songkhran, a relative from Bangkok has infected two others in the family he was visiting, all three have been carted off to the government hospital in Chiang Rai.

The daily market in the village has been shut down by the phoo yai and a government doctor.

That does not sound like "normalization" to me.

This has the feel of the Ministerial equivalent of going to see a Thai doctor with a sore throat and walking out with about 8 different medications.

80% of which do nothing but they make you feel that someone cares and that makes you 'happy'.

Creat - I had to google, it's fah-tha-lai-jone

I am getting the impression the government are on the back foot and are scurrying around to manufacture anything that could vaguely resemble a 'positive' news story. 

12 minutes ago, Captain_Bob said:

daily COVID-19 infection rates have begun to stagnate and the situation should begin to normalize in 2-3 weeks

Yeah, right, perhaps you haven't noticed Thailand cases are now spiking?!?!

image.png.2d2461f20e2286c8646a30165194d8e0.png

But but but..... "It's under control"

1 hour ago, MarkmBha said:

2 - 3 YEARS.

Yes, by then the virus may have disappeared just like previous viruses like SARS, bird flu etc.  As to the "next 2-3 weeks", I would think if cases have dropped to around 500 a day, and deaths remain at a negligible rate, it may well constitute "normal".

• Thanks 1

It's not as though the "Health Minister" is a doctor, no...he's a construction tycoon.  ????  So actually, what the h*** does he really know?  Not much:

Thailand reports daily record of over 2,000 COVID-19 cases, 4 new deaths

3 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Yes, by then the virus may have disappeared just like previous viruses like SARS, bird flu etc.

I'm afraid we have all been told there is no going back to "normal" as New Normal is here to stay.  If the SARS-Cov-2 virus "disappeared", then the newly minted Covid Vaccine Industry which should be pushing a trillion dollars a year in annual revenues within a couple of years (two vaccines per year per 5 or 6 billion people as the vaccine prices doubles or triples) - well, I can't imagine that Big Pharma giving up that cash cow.  And governments aren't going to give up the new freedom and liberty shredding authoritarian powers they now wield under a "global health emergency" which is here to stay too.
New Normal is here to stay - masks, social distancing, repressive policing, mandatory vaccines (or vaccine apartheid for the unvaccinated) limits on gathering, no concerts, no spectators at sporting event....no fun. 
"Normal" ain't happening again.  Get used to it.

• Like 1