Jump to content
Thai Visa Forum

Recommended Posts

Not sure if this is permitted as it has to do with the Laos Lotto. But as we are not in Thailand and she didn't do the Lotto, then maybe ok.

So, wifey came and says "look, look" whilst holding her phone in her paw. There was a Photo of a submarine with 402 on it. I believe it sunk today (when it wasn't supposed to)

"Look, look, I see this today and think I must do in Laos Lotto, but I not do. If I do €10, I win €5,100"

Now, I will not say she is lying, but my suspicions are that it's doing the rounds on social Media and she adopted it as her own.

 

So, anyone else's better half have the same sorrowful tale to tell?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

 ..... and then there are white foreigners who refer to themselves using a Thai racial slur!

 Wassat then, BM?

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

It is an example of how shallow and childish some Thai people can be . They don't see the fact that a submarine has sunk and 53 may die but they see a number on the submarine and think it's a sign for the lottery. 

I'd take her to task. If  you start accepting that sort of thinking you are accepting your wife is like a child. She hopefully didn't know the complete facts. 

 

But it was a sign for the Lottery. 402 came out

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, tifino said:

In your mind, she has sunk to new lows? 

 

 it's happened before and will happen again 

 

 

she expect you to cough up with the €10 ballast?

I can't ever remember her going to a low level, at least not in my mind. She has her own money as well, so no payout from me

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I have a better way to find the perfect lottery numbers.

It requires some research which can take all night. And sometime I am not sure which number is the winner. In doubt I take two.

Bangkok-Bunnies-282.jpg.414d47881c35ac9fac29f15f24599544.jpg

Perm any 2 from six for better chances

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I have a better way to find the perfect lottery numbers.

It requires some research which can take all night. And sometime I am not sure which number is the winner. In doubt I take two.

Bangkok-Bunnies-282.jpg.414d47881c35ac9fac29f15f24599544.jpg

Well I gave you a "like" when you wrote..........."And then there are farangs who write about wifey and her paw..." But now I want to take it back.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

It is an example of how shallow and childish some Thai people can be . They don't see the fact that a submarine has sunk and 53 may die but they see a number on the submarine and think it's a sign for the lottery. 

I'd take her to task. If  you start accepting that sort of thinking you are accepting your wife is like a child. She hopefully didn't know the complete facts. 

 

It is an example how a westerner always judges other people by his own western thinking and miraciously the westerner is the smart one and the other person is the dumb one.

 

in short. 53 people might die. who? you, me, she, we dont know these people. "maybe" it is not for us to cry for 53 people we just read on the internet. its a bit hypocritical. 

for all i know these are fictional people. why not spend your compassion for the Thai people that you interac6 with in daily life instead of a crew of a submarine you just read about.

 

when in the usa, its miles. in europe its kilometers. judge and understand by the rules of the country, not by your imported rules.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, herwin1234 said:

It is an example how a westerner always judges other people by his own western thinking and miraciously the westerner is the smart one and the other person is the dumb one.

 

in short. 53 people might die. who? you, me, she, we dont know these people. "maybe" it is not for us to cry for 53 people we just read on the internet. its a bit hypocritical. 

for all i know these are fictional people. why not spend your compassion for the Thai people that you interac6 with in daily life instead of a crew of a submarine you just read about.

 

when in the usa, its miles. in europe its kilometers. judge and understand by the rules of the country, not by your imported rules.

 

I am not saying they should sit there and cry fake tears.  I think it's a fairly human concept though that, taking a story from the news as some sign of a lucky number , where 53 real people have likely died or had been dying , shows either a shallowness or childishness. 

I don't think it's part of Thai culture  to accept such behaviour but I do see it in some Thais.

I also notice a trait in some Thais whereby their religion and dreams of prosperity, e.g. getting lottery numbers, is linked in a way I don't like. 

I may decide the things I like about Thailand outweigh the things I don't like and I may not spend time with those who behave in such a way.

I am not saying they are bad people but I think it's OK to remind people of the reality of the situation.  To just say it's Thai culture is a bit silly in my opinion. 

 

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

 

I am not saying they should sit there and cry fake tears.  I think it's a fairly human concept though that, taking a story from the news as some sign of a lucky number , where 53 real people have likely died or had been dying , shows either a shallowness or childishness. 

I don't think it's part of Thai culture  to accept such behaviour but I do see it in some Thais.

I also notice a trait in some Thais whereby their religion and dreams of prosperity, e.g. getting lottery numbers, is linked in a way I don't like. 

I may decide the things I like about Thailand outweigh the things I don't like and I may not spend time with those who behave in such a way.

I am not saying they are bad people but I think it's OK to remind people of the reality of the situation.  To just say it's Thai culture is a bit silly in my opinion. 

 

Good post and some valid points but when you boil it down this really is how the country runs and is being run.

But yes it is Thai culture. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

It is an example of how shallow and childish some Thai people can be . They don't see the fact that a submarine has sunk and 53 may die but they see a number on the submarine and think it's a sign for the lottery. 

I'd take her to task. If  you start accepting that sort of thinking you are accepting your wife is like a child. She hopefully didn't know the complete facts. 

 

She'll play 403053 or 053402 no doubt.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Actually you can remove your like. It's part of the build in TV user services.

 

Now tell me, which part of my lottery system don't you like? Her number? Or do you prefer boys or one of those LBGT+- whatever? 

 

Maybe the photo was his girlfriend.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, herwin1234 said:

It is an example how a westerner always judges other people by his own western thinking and miraciously the westerner is the smart one and the other person is the dumb one.

 

in short. 53 people might die. who? you, me, she, we dont know these people. "maybe" it is not for us to cry for 53 people we just read on the internet. its a bit hypocritical. 

for all i know these are fictional people. why not spend your compassion for the Thai people that you interac6 with in daily life instead of a crew of a submarine you just read about.

 

when in the usa, its miles. in europe its kilometers. judge and understand by the rules of the country, not by your imported rules.

She can be superstitious as she wants as long as she spends 10euro

Not 10,000 euro

 

Since every number has the same chance of winning

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe you should hold her head under water untill she starts kicking her legs because she cannot breath anymore , and then when she comes up and takes a deep breath ask her if she felt lucky the moment she couldn't breath . I doubt she will still play those sub nr's . 

  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I have a better way to find the perfect lottery numbers.

It requires some research which can take all night. And sometime I am not sure which number is the winner. In doubt I take two.

Bangkok-Bunnies-282.jpg.414d47881c35ac9fac29f15f24599544.jpg

That is excellent advice for the OP. Suggest wifey that you do spiritual research once a week and get her the perfect numbers and a lotto ticket in return. She will never complain, win win situation (with still a losing lottery ticket). 

 

If she does win big, you now got yourself an upgrade to gentleman clubs.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I have a better way to find the perfect lottery numbers.

It requires some research which can take all night. And sometime I am not sure which number is the winner. In doubt I take two.

Bangkok-Bunnies-282.jpg.414d47881c35ac9fac29f15f24599544.jpg


Gotta love the way her hair hides her Adam's apple...

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...