Human Rights Law NGO Hits Cambodia, Vietnam and Thailand for Using Coronavirus to Control Media

geovalin

It is suppression of free speech and has been occurring all over the world with regards to reporting on Covid and criticism or open debate that questions the prevailing narrative from WHO and governments.

There is a world of difference between fake news (stuff that's just made up without any grounding in fact) and a counter argument (views expressed on the basis of real data and experience that question another point of view), yet the latter is being brutally suppressed.

I believe that open debate should be allowed and encouraged. The admonition to trust only the views presented by proponents of one course of action is both undemocratic and unscientific.

Governments and agents of suppression will do well to remember that tuning out opposing viewpoints doesn't make them go away.

Edited by Antonymous
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Antonymous said:

It is suppression of free speech and has been occurring all over the world with regards to reporting on Covid and criticism or open debate that questions the prevailing narrative from WHO and governments.

There is a world of difference between fake news (stuff that's just made up without any grounding in fact) and a counter argument (views expressed on the basis of real data and experience that question another point of view), yet the latter is being brutally suppressed.

I believe that open debate should be allowed and encouraged. The admonition to trust only the views presented by proponents of one course of action is both undemocratic and unscientific.

Governments and agents of suppression will do well to remember that tuning out opposing viewpoints doesn't make them go away.

Yes, we've gained SO MUCH from the uninformed whom you're inviting to the debate on an equal footing with experts. Examples abound...hydrochloroquine, masking up to protect others is the death of freedumb...what do you think about the credible reports that much of the anti-expert opinion has been generated by the Russians and Chinese as a means of destabilizing the Western countries who oppose them? Let 'em join the debate even though we know they're only interested in causing chaos?

No, I've had a gutful of "debate" with internet experts. They bring nothing - NOTHING! - to the table and have no real interest in anything but gaining attention and being seen as "edgy". Tell me one thing - just one thing - that a non-expert has done to help the response to COVID. 

• Sad 1