extension of retirement visa

Not sure if this topic was done already but i'm stuck overseas right now and will not make it back in time to renew

my yearly retirement permit, i will probably miss the deadline by couple of weeks,

is there anyway to extend the deadline of said permit even by paying a penalty or similar?...

No. 

You could enter visa exempt and obtain new non o . Then annual extension. You obviously have Thai bank so easy process for you.

If you were in Thailand already and simply late on applying for new extension then immigration would have you pay overstay and apply for new extension

Edited by DrJack54

You will not be able to get any extension without being in the country.

You will have to enter with a new non-o visa from a embassy or enter visa exempt entry or apply for tourist visa and apply for non-o visa at immigration. The apply for a new extension of stay based upon retirment.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Thanks for the above replies, and to make mattes worse Australia's PM announce yesterday that Australia will prevent Aussies from travailing to Covid stricken countries and Thailand is right up there when it comes to new infections which makes matters even worse now...

Thailand has been on the Australian government's smartraveler advisory as "Do Not Travel" since at least 4 March 2021. As far as I know, I haven't seen it elevated any higher.

https://www.smartraveller.gov.au/search?search=Thailand

OP, I have been reading accounts of Aussie folk efforts to come back to Thailand. Apparently the application to leave Oz have become very difficult. Even having a wife for example does not give a tick on your application. Think your first step would be to concentrate on that.

The non o etc is the easy part.

BTW being Oz you cannot obtain a non o retirement in Australia so the visa exempt is an option. Don't get your hopes up.

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

No. 

You could enter visa exempt and obtain new non o . Then annual extension. You obviously have Thai bank so easy process for you.

If you were in Thailand already and simply late on applying for new extension then immigration would have you pay overstay and apply for new extension

Interesting. How many days overstay would be accepted when applying for a new extension. If you were 7 days late seasoning the 400,000 would that be acceptable on payment of the overstay charge.? 

21 minutes ago, rott said:

How many days overstay would be accepted when applying for a new extension. If you were 7 days late seasoning the 400,000 would that be acceptable on payment of the overstay charge.? 

They would probably allow you to do it 7 days late after you pay the overstay fine of 3500 baht.

If married to or the parent of a Thai there would be not need to be on a overstay since you could get a 60 day extension to visit your wife if you have not gotten one since your last entry to the country.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

They would probably allow you to do it 7 days late after you pay the overstay fine of 3500 baht.

If married to or the parent of a Thai there would be not need to be on a overstay since you could get a 60 day extension to visit your wife if you have not gotten one since your last entry to the country.

Thanks Joe, if you got the 60 days would you still be able to renew the marriage extension without having to get another non O.?