Thailand reports daily record of over 2,000 COVID-19 cases, 4 new deaths

webfact

22 minutes ago, Excel said:

According to that old book of fiction it was stated, although not exactly in those words in Genesis 9.1. ( not the rock band ). Now that part of the novel was in the earlier release of the publication called the "Old Testament" and was reputed to have been written sometime before that goodwill visit of the football player's ancestor Jesus.  That predates the invention of  the Catholic religion by many centuries. So hence it can not possibly be a Catholic saying, even if it was ever true.

Am I confused with Islam ???  

2 minutes ago, phills2k1 said:

I'm from the US where if there wasn't an "official" lockdown, you couldn't apply for unemployment assistance if there wasn't work. So some cities didn't order lockdowns (or kept them very short) so they didn't have to pay

So I guess I was asking if there's something similar here, and perhaps that's why there hasn't been a lockdown for this highly contagious wave

There have been 2-3 financial aid and economy stimulus packages, none of them have been dependant on an official declaration of lockdown etc.

The current one that started before the current shutdowns is still running and gives 7,000 baht over a couple of months to unemployed/poor etc.

23 hours ago, PatOngo said:

The Minister of Public Health has pointed out daily COVID-19 infection rates have begun to stagnate 

Oh really Minister, you seem to be as good at maths as you are at being the Health Minister! Not very! ???? 

He has a degree in engineering. ????

Remember these headlines:

Songkran exodus as millions head home - but Thai media point to threat of virus spread 

DDC discourages inter-provincial travel as Songkran comes to an end 

PM urges returning Songkran travelers to travel safely

PM Prayut wishes Thais good health over Songkran

Although we don't know for sure if these increased infected cases are due to Songkran and Thonglor was just the start, it seems to me that not canceling Songkran will pay a large part.  Only time will tell.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Although we don't know for sure if these increased infected cases are due to Songkran and Thonglor was just the start, it seems to me that not canceling Songkran will pay a large part.  Only time will tell.

No, we know for sure that allowing millions of people to travel throughout the entire country and congregate in larger numbers, just as the most contagious version of this virus had begun to spread through it's most populated city, led to increased infection rates

Literally everyone with a brain on here and in the medical community was saying as soon as the cluster was announced (and ESPECIALLY when it was the UK variant) that there needed to be a lockdown in BKK and for holiday travel to be stopped

But the powers that be wanted the immediate revenue from the holiday, at the cost of destroying the economy for an extremely long time.  If they had locked down and stifled this outbreak, there would've been a chance for their tourism plans to come to fruition.  Now they're done, and will be for quite some time

23 hours ago, ParkerN said:

I rarely agree with this poster, but in this case, I thinks he's about right on all counts. The best thing that Mr Prayuth and his  acolytes can do right now, is shut the hell up and get on with the job the Thai people pay them to do, only quietly.

The time for advertising the sub-standard job they're doing is long gone.

"The best thing that Mr Prayuth and his  acolytes can do right now, is shut the hell up and get on with the job the Thai people pay them to do, only quietly."  The unelected "PM" is just not capable of getting on with any jobs without opening his gob and making a complete fool of himself.

15 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

Civil engineering, great background for a health minister! ????

Agreed. but not as bad as the infamous/notorious thug Chalerm.  Also totally unqualified. He was the health minister when melamine was discovered in imported Chinese baby food, many babies had died from it.

Chalerm tried to silence the Thai media from announcing/discussing the issue. He told the press to shut up because he/Thailand didn't want to upset China.

27 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

There have been 2-3 financial aid and economy stimulus packages, none of them have been dependant on an official declaration of lockdown etc.

The current one that started before the current shutdowns is still running and gives 7,000 baht over a couple of months to unemployed/poor etc.

Only if they qualify and have a bank account.  Many are left unassisted however.

22 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

That's what happens when you appoint generals and not experts in positions

Yes, you have got it right, but who actually appointed the generals. We all know that the unelected "PM" general just took over with his soldiers in the coup in 2014 that this general said wasn't going to happen.

How many generals or ex soldiers of any rank are in the "government" at present, and who put them in? We all know that in the last general election it is questionable just how the present unelected "PM" actually stayed as a "PM".

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

We all know that in the last general election it is questionable just how the present unelected "PM" actually stayed as a "PM".

You answered your own question it was an election only for the generals....????

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

2,839 new cases and eight more deaths on Saturday, about as bad as it could get for today but a potential to get much worse in the coming days. Terrible news

To put that into perspective, back in January the UK reported 60,000 plus new cases in a single day.

Both the UK and Thailand have similar populations, give or take a million.

6 minutes ago, Dmaxdan said:

To put that into perspective, back in January the UK reported 60,000 plus new cases in a single day.

Both the UK and Thailand have similar populations, give or take a million.

And Vietnam that dont even have over 3000 cases in total with a population higher than both UK and Thailand. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Yet the financial assistance did not cover all citizens and many were ineligible.  Thats why we have been taking care of a few of the families we have made friends with that live down the side sois around us.  Just got back in after dropping of our packages if food stuffs and personal cleaning things.  Bought some clothes yesterday and handed that out as well.

Thailand government has allocated a sum of money towards the pandemic aid within Thailand . I forget the amount but it is well short of its reserves and it seems that the government want to remain in a buoyant financial state where the economy takes first consideration .  There is no furlough scheme or safety net in Thailand  just the survival of the fittest .

Charitable gifts are not common events in Thailand and I hope your efforts are well received . I can only imagine what it must be like to be without work and money and trying to support your family in a country that has no social security . 

2 hours ago, paulikens said:

This might come as a complete shock so please sit down to prepare yourself. At some point in your life you have a 100% chance of dying. I know this fact was not known before 2020, sorry to break it to you.

...and your point is......?