Changing EDU VISA for tourist visa with covid extension

Hello! My name is Paulina and I am stuck in Thailand since April last year. In December I panicked and bought an EDU Visa from the school based in Phuket with every 3 months renewal. I see that people are having covid extensions since then until now on. And my visa now expires on the 20 of May; I'm thinking to change visa back from edu to the covid extension, my question is can I do that? Where do I check about this information and how the process looks like?

I would much appreciate the informations,

Paulina

You should be able to apply for 60 day covid extension after you cancel your current extension of stay (it is not visa). You will need a letter from the school stating the day your studies will end and do the cancelation on that day.

• Like 2

Do you know what documents should I provide besides the list from my school  (can I print the list out from the e-mail? because until it will come from Phuket to Chonburi the date will already be different) photo and passport? (I'm not sure where I am checked in (where do I live on the paper, it can be Phuket or nakhonsithammarat because I remember to register my stay there when I applied for other visa before before) now I live in Chonburi, would I need to register that I live there?

15 hours ago, pcholewska said:

Do you know what documents should I provide besides the list from my school  (can I print the list out from the e-mail? because until it will come from Phuket to Chonburi the date will already be different) photo and passport? (I'm not sure where I am checked in (where do I live on the paper, it can be Phuket or nakhonsithammarat because I remember to register my stay there when I applied for other visa before before) now I live in Chonburi, would I need to register that I live there?

You have to cancel the extension at the office that issued it. Most offices will post date the cancelation if go to it a few days before the date on the letter from the school.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You have to cancel the extension at the office that issued it. Most offices will post date the cancelation if go to it a few days before the date on the letter from the school.

That is very useful! I will tell the schooI to put the later date then!

If I cancel the extension at the immigration that issued it, then I am free to apply for covid extension in another immigration, for example Chonburi? Do I need to change my address for there or it doesn't matter for immigration where I live?

13 minutes ago, pcholewska said:

Do I need to change my address for there or it doesn't matter for immigration where I live?

You will have to have a TM30 report done to change you address to where you will be applying for the 60 day extension at.