Changing schools, non-b and work permit questions

My work permit and non-b are both being cancelled together on April 30th, with a letter from the school 

My new school has all the documents ready for the work permit but have yet to contact Krusapa, they also insist it can all be done at the labour office without having to go immigration

This all seems a bit off to me - can the same documentation be used to make a new non-b at immigration, or do I need to go onto a covid tourist visa first? 

A work permit must be applied for by the new school and application approval letter be issued.

Then you will need a termination letter stating the last day you are working.

Then immigration will cancel your current extension and you will apply for a new extension of stay based upon teaching. The work permit approval letter will be needed and other supporting documents from the new school to do the application.

10 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

A work permit must be applied for by the new school and application approval letter be issued.

how long can this take to do?

10 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Then you will need a termination letter stating the last day you are working.

This is being made for me now so not an issue.

The school doesn't seem to know what they're doing. Yesterday they insisted I go to the labour office with them to get a new work permit, despite me telling them I hadn't cancelled my old one yet. Then the labour office told them I needed a waiver from Krusapa. They then asked me why I didn't bring my waiver with me.

22 minutes ago, clarky cat said:

how long can this take to do?

It should not take more than a few days.

23 minutes ago, clarky cat said:

Yesterday they insisted I go to the labour office with them to get a new work permit, despite me telling them I hadn't cancelled my old one yet.

The application can be done without your current work permit being canceled and then a approval letter issued.

After the extension is granted and your current work permit can be canceled and the new one issued.

• Like 1