World's #1 food still Thai Massaman Curry - but UK's Fish and Chips and even Marmite beats Som Tam!

webfact

2 hours ago, Albert Zweistein said:

If they want a jam doughnut they ask for a "Berliner"and not for a jam doughnut because most of them don't know that expression.

My local bakery in Darwin Australia sells a jam donut with vanilla icing on top as a Berliner, bloody good chomp too ????????

On 4/23/2021 at 11:47 AM, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Massaman curry with a side portions of chippy chips. No you're talking.

Also Massaman curry in a pie as an alternative to the already excellent chicken balti  pie would be good. 

Can someone sort  it,  thanks.

There used to be a place in the Emporium they made Massaman pies, pretty good I might say

17 hours ago, Albert Zweistein said:

If they want a jam doughnut they ask for a "Berliner"and not for a jam doughnut because most of them don't know that expression.

And the point is that Mr Kennedy said, in literal translation, "I am a jam doughnut"

"Ich bin ein Berliner" = "I am a jam doughnut"

" Ich bin Berliner" =" I am a person who lives in Berlin".

Anyway, never mind, if one has to explain the joke in such pedantic detail it rather loses it's impact!

8 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

And the point is that Mr Kennedy said, in literal translation, "I am a jam doughnut"

"Ich bin ein Berliner" = "I am a jam doughnut"

" Ich bin Berliner" =" I am a person who lives in Berlin".

Anyway, never mind, if one has to explain the joke in such pedantic detail it rather loses it's impact!

I don't like jokes, I am more a gag person.

• Like 1

On 4/23/2021 at 9:16 PM, Neeranam said:

Where do you think Hamburg is?

Yes I'm aware of that.

Considerable evidence suggests that either the USA or Germany (city of Hamburg) was the first country where two slices of bread and a ground beef steak were combined into a "hamburger sandwich" and sold. There is some controversy over the origin of the hamburger because its two basic ingredients, bread and beef, had been prepared and consumed separately for many years in different countries before their combination. Shortly after its creation, the hamburger quickly included all of its currently typically characteristic trimmings, including onions, lettuce, and sliced pickles. It is named after the German city of Hamburg.