Dirty farang? Sadly it's true.

Speedhump

49 minutes ago, Speedhump said:

I didn't ask to see a permit, idiot, I mean they didn't claim any medical reason. Being a good citizen means not ignoring dangerous behaviour, sad but certainly not unexpected you and others here don't see that. I knew the replies I'd get from the contingent of knuckledraggers here (including the Geordie) and was ready for it.

If everyone was like you the pandemic would be over now. But the knuckle draggers are " fighting for their rights".

And thousands of them have died for their cause. Idiots.

Edited by RobMuir
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, WineOh said:

You called us dirty Farang on the basis of what you saw.

Is the same true for the Thai's then?

and btw there was not a single Farang in sight.

I dont live even remotely close to a tourism hotspot. 

Yes, behaviour 'in the sticks' is quite different to behaviour in cities. That's just obvious. I think farang would also not bother with masks, just as on Koh Tao hardly anybody of any nationality bothers to wear one unless a  customer-facing worker. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

Hehe, what a lovely exchange between all these friendly individuals in the thread. If there weren't this lockdown again, I'd recommend we gather them all together to imbibe heavily, and have the results filmed for posterity.

Well, as you are aware there is nothing like a forum to bring out the "holier than thou" crowd,  just like in other threads it brings out the "keyboard moralists" , possibly all nothing but hypocrites.   The simple answer is to put them on ignore, that way if they get no "bites" from their posts then their chests deflate like a burst balloon.

9 hours ago, RobMuir said:

I have experienced the exact same thing with Brits. One tells me he refuses to wear a mask because it makes his ears uncomfortable! 

It isnt any wonder with that sort of attitude they were the worst hit in Europe despite having the huge geographical advantage of being an island.

And that attitude has resulted in the highly contagious UK variant that is causing the problems, suffering and deaths here in Thailand and around the world currently just when we thought it was nearly over.

And yet now they have one of the lowest rates on Europe.....while the worst variants are coming from South American and other places. 

Not agreeing with not wearing a mask though. It annoys me too when I see people in shopping malls or shops not wearing them. There is no excuse. 

In the malls it is true that when o see someone not wearing a mask or using some dumb alternative like a scarf, it is always a farang. However, they are not all British.  

But, when I go out locally in n the village and to the Thai markets, it is nearly always Thais that are not wearing a mask and definitely not social distancing..

Perhaps the shopping mall farangs are actually less likely to spread the virus as other people will see them not wearing a mask properly and think 'dirty farang' so keep well over the required social distance distance from them.