Hua Hin hospital "completely full" with Covid patients - Anutin visits

webfact

7pm.jpg

Picture: New TV

Thailand's DPM and health minister Anutin Charnvirakul was in the holiday resort of Hua Hin yesterday as the province edged towards 1,000 cases of Covid-19 in the latest outbreak.

There have now been 897 cases in Prachuap Khirikhan province since the start of April, reported New TV.

They said that Hua Hin hospital was completely full with 475 beds allocated to Covid-19. These included 7 in ICU and a further 8 in semi-ICU. 

The Hua Hin Commercial College next door has now got 141 beds for Covid patients.

7pm1.jpg

Picture: New TV

In addition there are five field hospitals up and running in the area with 450 additional beds for asymptomatic people who have tested positive for the virus.

Anutin expressed his gratitude to the staff and authorities in Hua Hin for their work and following procedures. 

He brought with him 5,000 tubes of sanitizer gel, 1,500 items of PPE and 5,000 boxes of masks and other equipment for the effort in Hua Hin. 

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-04-23

3 minutes ago, skorp13 said:

If they weren't putting asymptomatic people in hospitals they would have enough that were actually sick and needed the medical attention rather than using it as a quarantine silo

Exactly that.... Using hospitals as an isolation facility for asymptomatic and mild cases is an extremely flawed approach, one which consumes resources for required for treatment of real cases, real illnesses, real diseases etc...  i.e. use a hospital as a hospital should be used for.

At some point Thailand will have to cross that line in the sand and accept that those who have tested positive without symptoms can isolate at home. 

Alternatively set up ‘isolation hotels’ for those asymptomatic cases who live in cramped conditions alongside others, this will still be cheaper than hospitals. 

Also, test any positive case twice to minimise the risk of unnecessarily isolating a false positive case. 

• Like 2

Some  people making comments are like the Thai government 1 year behind changes in characteristic of the  infection.

21 hours ago, Maha Sarakham said:

Less than 500 beds in Hua Hin without field hospitals... most filled with asymptomatic people thinking they are knocking on deaths door.  Lovely state of affairs.

11 hours ago, skorp13 said:

If they weren't putting asymptomatic people in hospitals they would have enough that were actually sick and needed the medical attention rather than using it as a quarantine silo

You say asymptomatic, but have you  examined  patients and checked their medical histories?  Did you know that the  infection is different today than a year ago when your comment probably have point?  In the past week, stories like this make news;

‘Significant number’ of young people are dying at home with COVID-19: Ontario coroner  https://worldnewsera.com/news/canada/significant-number-of-young-people-are-dying-at-home-with-covid-19-ontario-coroner/

Some COVID-19 patients are now becoming so ill so quickly that they die before seeking medical attention, Ontario's chief coroner said. 

At least 25 people have died in their homes rather than in hospitals or nursing homes since April 1, Dr. Dirk Huyer told CBC News Friday. There could be more cases that his office is unaware of, he added.  The new reality is a deviation from earlier waves of the pandemic, people who've died at home were in their 30s, 40s and 50s. "That is not what we saw in the earlier waves. It was not common for younger people to die. 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/covid-patients-dying-at-home-ontario-coroner-1.6000327

Canada has one of the worst pandemic  management records of G20 countries because it did little to keep new variants out of country and was late in vaccinating population with uncertain vaccine supply. Now it is one of the only countries in the world that has all the variants going at it including, UK, Nigeria, South Africa, Brazil and now India.  

12 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Good Luck Hua Hin,  I do enjoy my visit when I go to Thailand and spend at least half of it in Hua Hin.

Thank god for swimming pools as the ocean waves are a constant.

Geezer

Ocean waves in Hua Hin? really? Inside Hua Hin city are water is usually calm with minor wave action. Sometimes  can see smaller waves down near University & the Pines beach, but even those are baby waves.

On 4/23/2021 at 12:19 PM, Excel said:

Hope he caught an as yet unknown virulent variant whist he was there, that would be Karma. But guess he was there to discuss the potential urgent requirement for new government facilities to be built by SCG.

You & I think along the same lines ????

• Like 1

17 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

saw 3 today here in town maskless (as well as brainless I assume considering the amount of community spread here) . I don't particularly care for their health or welfare, it's all the other folks that possibly could be affected by their selfishness. Hopefully if they contract it they'll succumb quickly before they can spread it..

I don't know where you are but it's likely that the new rules on masks when out in public should sort that, but I get your point, there are plenty of numpties out their. 

19 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

saw 3 today here in town maskless (as well as brainless I assume considering the amount of community spread here) . I don't particularly care for their health or welfare, it's all the other folks that possibly could be affected by their selfishness. Hopefully if they contract it they'll succumb quickly before they can spread it..

Yeah right, the vast majority of people seem to have a mild cold like illness which doesn't stop them going out and enjoying themselves when the pubs and discos are open.

If it 'floored' almost everyone like influenza then I don't think it would spread nearly as fast as it does so hardly anyone who contracts covid will in fact succumb to it to the extent that they're out of circulation and they will only be found if they're picked up by a contact trace team.