Does "The first application for extension of stay" count as a 90 day notification?

Per the English version of the Thai Immigration website under 90 day reporting, this is true:

"5. The first application for extension of stay by the foreigner is equivalent to the notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days."

But when I decided to print the Thai version to take with me for the report as well as the English version (to explain why I don't have a 90 day return receipt), I found out the Thai version does not have this line.  So my guess is the rules changed at some point and the Thai version of the website was changed, but not the English.  But maybe it was the other way around??

Here's the English version #5 right in the first section:

Notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days – สำนักงานตรวจคนเข้าเมือง – Immigration Bureau

And the Thai version:

การรับแจ้งอยู่ในราชอาณาจักร เกิน 90 วัน – สำนักงานตรวจคนเข้าเมือง – Immigration Bureau

In the Thai one, #5 disappears and #4 becomes a double asterisk item below the first 3.

If you stay in Thailand for 90 consecutive days, then you either have to report to Immigration or leave the Country, dependant on the Visa type you entered on.

In the case of entering on a Non O Visa, permitting a 90 day stay, then applying for your first extension of stay, the visit is counted as a report and Immigration should issue you a with a 90 day report receipt of the next due date.

Why you would even take copies of Immigrations notice is beyond me.

Edited by Tanoshi

I might be completely wrong. But I have been taught over and over again, that these 90 days reports live their own lifes and shall be reported separately...

Plse correct me if I am wrong

glegolo

Edited by glegolo

15 minutes ago, glegolo said:

I might be completely wrong. But I have been taught over and over again, that these 90 days reports live their own lifes and shall be reported separately...

Plse correct me if I am wrong

glegolo

90 day reports are separate to extension renewal dates, however many offices now renew your 90 day report date from the date of the new extension.

Before online reporting, 90 day reports in person or mail, also dated the next report date 90 days from the previous due date. Online (computerised) gave the next report date 90 days from approval.

Again many offices now also follow this practice even if reporting by mail or in person, so the next due date is 90 day from when you submit the report, not 90 days from the actual report date.

I figure with so many foreigners reporting the same day, even though the due dates may vary due to the allowable window to report, they simply got  fed up constantly changed the date stamp, so anyone reporting on day X gets the same date stamp until Y, regardless of the due date.

Anything to make their life easier.

Edited by Tanoshi
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

If you stay in Thailand for 90 consecutive days, then you either have to report to Immigration or leave the Country, dependant on the Visa type you entered on.

In the case of entering on a Non O Visa, permitting a 90 day stay, then applying for your first extension of stay, the visit is counted as a report and Immigration should issue you a with a 90 day report receipt of the next due date.

Why you would even take copies of Immigrations notice is beyond me.

The reason I asked us all the 90 day reporting threads are people with non O or similar visas.  

But not everyone staying over 90 is on a non O these days.  A tourist visa, which i have, is 60 days,  plus a 30 days extension.  Plus a covid extension is very common. Some places may go to covid extension right after the first 60 days.

So on day 80, when i applied for the covid extension, it is clear I'm going to stay over 90 days. And the website says the first application counted as a 90 day notification, so it sounds like a reasonable regulation.  I may have been too informed for my own good by looking it up at the website.

I'm going to be taking a print out with me because that's what I was going by.  Maybe I'll get a fine or maybe someone will accept it, but I at least won't look like I was blowing it off. 

3 hours ago, Carmine6 said:

The reason I asked us all the 90 day reporting threads are people with non O or similar visas.  

Only 'long term' Visas (issued by a Thai Embassy) such as the Non O-A, O-X or Elite permit longer stays than 90 days on entry. Other Visa types allow a maximum stay of up to 90 days, whereby you either leave the Country or apply for an extension of stay (a permit, not a Visa) at your local Immigration office.

You must confirm your address every 90 days if staying longer.

3 hours ago, Carmine6 said:

But not everyone staying over 90 is on a non O these days.  A tourist visa, which i have, is 60 days,  plus a 30 days extension.  Plus a covid extension is very common. Some places may go to covid extension right after the first 60 days.

So on day 80, when i applied for the covid extension, it is clear I'm going to stay over 90 days. And the website says the first application counted as a 90 day notification, so it sounds like a reasonable regulation.  I may have been too informed for my own good by looking it up at the website.

In your case and that of many others, each time you visit an Immigration office for a 30/60 day extension you are inadvertently also confirming your address in order to obtain your extension.

You are therefore never asked or given a 90 day notification receipt because you are in effect reporting every 60 days, not ever 90 as is the case with those obtaining 1 year extensions of stay.

The 90 day reporting only applies to those being granted permission of stay for longer than 90 days, in your case you are granted no more than 60 days at a time.

Edited by Tanoshi

17 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

That is exactly what happened with me, yes.

On 4/23/2021 at 8:35 AM, Carmine6 said:

The first application for extension of stay by the foreigner is equivalent to the notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days.

The have been separate postings about this, just like separate immigration offices handles this subject separate.

In some places the 90-day address report is counted different from extension of stay, but always restarts if you leave the kingdom, and restarts be date of re-entering.

In other places, like where I live, the immigration office restart the 90-days count from date of approval for extension of stay.

So the answer is as usual: Check with your local immigration office, or check in a local forum where it's mentioned by experience from fellow expats visiting the immigration office in the area where you live...????

4 hours ago, khunPer said:

So the answer is as usual: Check with your local immigration office, or check in a local forum where it's mentioned by experience from fellow expats visiting the immigration office in the area where you live...????

Read the replies.

OP is on 60 day Covid extensions, he'll never have to submit 90 day reports.

• Like 1