Lazada, Sorry, we have detected unusual traffic.

giddyup

16 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Sorry Max, I was simply confused as I get no problems with Lazada with or without VPN.

No worries. 

I have have no problems also but can quite easily cause the Lazada system to throw network errors. Their security system is quite aggressive along with the site browsing trackers. 

What they have not yet learnt is do not annoy the customer when he is logged in looking to make purchases. Much of the Asian online market places have yet to mature.

Edited by maxpower
  • Like 2

I’m using Brave internet browser without any ad blocking extensions and no VPN , but I still constantly get the highly annoying ‘’ Sorry , we have detected unusual traffic from your network. ‘’ warning. 

Many of my Thailand based friends are also experiencing the same annoying warning using different internet browsers and operating systems. 

I sent an email to lazada outlining my ongoing issue , I sent the email to …

[email protected]

I received back from lazada this reply ….

[ email reply start ]

Warm Greeting from Lazada!

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. May we let you know that we acknowledged your recent contact with Lazada Customer Service. We appreciate your time and effort to let us know your thoughts and feedback with the platform. Rest assured that this is raised with our team for actions needed from them to improve and fix the recurring issues that has been happening lately on the platform. Though we are unable to provide a definite timeframe for the fix at the moment. We truly appreciate your kind understanding and cooperation on this matter.

If you have any questions or concerns, please reply back to this email. We will do our very best to reply within 2 business days.

Best regards,

Nate

[ email response end ]

I received the above email back from lazada a month ago but nothing has changed . 

I would suggest that any one experiencing this same annoying issue , send lazada your comments using the above email address. 

Lazada ????

• Like 1

I can't sign on at all today. I get a message asking me to verify my account and they sent a 6 digit number to my email, but after I enter that number nothing happens. I think Lazada has some real technical problems at present.

Edited by giddyup
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

I can't sign on at all today. I get a message asking me to verify my account and they sent a 6 digit number to my email, but after I enter that number nothing happens. I think Lazada has some real technical problems at present.

This whole ongoing saga with Lazada is getting out of hand. I noticed these comment about the same Lazada issue on reddit.

I agree with the comments about it trying to make users use their app. I have logged onto Lazada using VPNs from several countries/areas, and still get the same message - so it is a fake message. I would like to drop Lazada but have noticed many sellers on Shopee are now getting greedy. Many times the same item is cheaper on Lazada and the shipping is also cheaper. So, even though it's a pita - I still buy stuff from Lazada.

This problem hasn't been fixed in ages. Apparently, as soon as you browse more than ONE product on Lazada, the site deems it too suspicious that you're still on the website or that your a bot. That either says something about what Lazada thinks of their customers or the simply the failure of the website dev team to come up with proper solution

• Like 1

I did get the "Unusual Traffic" and the green bar yesterday while searching for a Mousepad.

I did indeed make a few clicks comparing the offers but then how to compare and select the article you like best?

16 minutes ago, Bill Poster said:

I would like to drop Lazada but have noticed many sellers on Shopee are now getting greedy.

There are greedy sellers on both platforms - but a least on Shopee you still do not have as many of the same seller with 100 names and item 4-5 times normal price taking up many pages of search before you find a real price - as is the case all too often on Lazada these days.  I use both and find Google translation of Shopee works better than Lazada native translation (although neither will work if they just post a Chinese photo).

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

There are greedy sellers on both platforms - but a least on Shopee you still do not have as many of the same seller with 100 names and item 4-5 times normal price taking up many pages of search before you find a real price - as is the case all too often on Lazada these days.  I use both and find Google translation of Shopee works better than Lazada native translation (although neither will work if they just post a Chinese photo).

I have have never used Shopee , but just now looking I can’t see any English Language settings the same as you find on the Lazada web page . Am I missing something ????

12 minutes ago, Bill Poster said:

I have have never used Shopee , but just now looking I can’t see any English Language settings the same as you find on the Lazada web page . Am I missing something ????

Just have the browser translate - works very well.  On Chrome it is right click on open space on page and eight lines down on pop up "translate to English".

21 hours ago, Ceruhe said:

Haven't found a solution to it, happens on every browser and just Lazada which is an inefficient site to begin with. I'd love to switch to Shopee but these geniuses are too incompetent to capitalize on non native speakers for their desktop version, otherwise they could leech the ever living <deleted> out of Lazada users. Not just the constant unusual traffic, but now more often they want email verification over and over again, too annoyed, can't be bothered anymore.

Mobile is a no go for me, way too inefficient and slow for my liking.

Is the last comment irony?

54 minutes ago, Digitalbanana said:

Tried that and still get the annoying messages.

OneMoreFarang pointed out one of the triggers to get the annoying slider is when there is anything after the last backslash in https://www.lazada.co.th/
That can happen if you saved a link to specific item. If you click that saved link and then for example continue with a new search that can be a trigger.

Anything people are using to block internet traffic like Internet security software, browser addons, overly strict cookie management these things can trigger the slider. And blocking java script may cause it.

Edited by KeeTua

7 minutes ago, KeeTua said:

That can happen if you saved a link to specific item. If you click that saved link and then for example continue with a new search that can be a trigger.

I think this is true.  I've noticed if I clink on a Google product link on a search page, I'm more likely to get the verification page.

I often can not sign in to Lazada using the "Sign In" button...it's totally unresponsive.  I have to go to the "Sign-up" page and top-right, is a tiny "log-in" link which always seems to work.

5 minutes ago, dddave said:

Bit off-topic but has anybody else noticed miss-alignment of many Lazada listings: that is, the listing text not matching the item displayed?   Seems to happen a lot when I browse the site.  

No, haven't noticed any of that. I did notice 100% Genuine, Original,... in description written "No Brand", followed by instructions how to bypass the check for genuine product... Genuine my donkey...

23 hours ago, Ceruhe said:

Haven't found a solution to it, happens on every browser and just Lazada which is an inefficient site to begin with. I'd love to switch to Shopee but these geniuses are too incompetent to capitalize on non native speakers for their desktop version

I use Shopee all the time.  If you use Chrome or Opera browser with the Google Translate app, you just click translate to whatever language you want and it will translate the entire page.  

Both Lazada and Shopee are horrible search engines.  You can literally copy and paste the listing heading you are looking at on each of their sites and do a search and it will say "not found"  When looking for items, I often use google search for the item and insert the word Thailand or Lazada, or Shopee.  Look in images on Google and you will see the ads appear.  You click on those and voila, it takes you to the Lazada or Shopee site and the item you have searched for. 

22 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Is the last comment irony?

Not sure under which premise you understand it, but I prefer desktop to mobile simply for being able to see n-images on 1 screen rather than 1 image 3/4 cut off. Also, tabs. If I'm looking and comparing, I often have 10+ tabs open switching between them, with mobile I'm forced to constantly go back and/or open a new window and its a cluster<deleted>.

If the irony comment is solely in regards to constantly getting the unusual traffic thing, then yes kinda of, BUT still preferrable to mobile for me. That said, disabling ublock has alleviated this problem quite a bit, as a workaround I'll accept that. For now.

21 hours ago, Thomas J said:

I use Shopee all the time.  If you use Chrome or Opera browser with the Google Translate app, you just click translate to whatever language you want and it will translate the entire page.  

Both Lazada and Shopee are horrible search engines.  You can literally copy and paste the listing heading you are looking at on each of their sites and do a search and it will say "not found"  When looking for items, I often use google search for the item and insert the word Thailand or Lazada, or Shopee.  Look in images on Google and you will see the ads appear.  You click on those and voila, it takes you to the Lazada or Shopee site and the item you have searched for. 

I feel you. Yesterday I looked up 18650 battery, magically got no result, popped into google images and voila, more than enough results. Back to Lazada and it works like nothing happened. Now to do research about the correct battery hehe

I use the translate features as needed, but them not having native support is such an oversights it's unreal.

Well today I logged into my lazada account without a problem ( using the same computer that I always use ) and on my first search for a product I got this come up on screen

Email Verification 

I followed the verify the code , and then I was allowed to continue .  5 minuets later ( still logged in ) the same Email Verification warning reappeared on screen.

This is getting well beyond irritating ????

LazadaEmail.jpg

1 hour ago, Bill Poster said:

Any one else getting this same request ?

I started getting those then I disabled my Firefox addon uBlock Origin that blocks ads, third party sites and site data like cookies. Once I disabled the addon that problem went away as well as the slider one the OP posted about. The cookies are important for site functionality unfortunately they are also used for more nefarious purposes.

14 cookies with uBlock enabled
22 cookies with uBlock Origin disabled

I use the Firefox addon Forget-Me-Not that gives a view of the cookies. I also configured this to delete the cookies on exit from sites unless they have been added to the whitelist. No need to close the browser, if you close a tab or open another site in that tab the previous cookies are deleted.

I logged on to Lazada this morning with no problems at all, using Edge with the AdGuard ad blocker enabled, and VPN turned off.  I spent over an hour doing multiple searches (had quite a few things to get), adding each item to my cart as I found it.  Checked out in bulk as normal.  Not one QR code, "slide to proceed" or email verification seen or asked for.  I think most of these issues, (not just on Lazada, but also on the multiple topics of discontent in this forum), stem from the user's setup, not the website.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, ballpoint said:

I think most of these issues, (not just on Lazada, but also on the multiple topics of discontent in this forum), stem from the user's setup, not the website.

But if they upset half there customers who do not setup to their liking kind of makes it a Lazada issue.  As for discontent in this forum comment - are you really trying to say the issues we had recently with TVF is due to our setups?  They found the problems and corrected them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ballpoint said:

I think most of these issues, (not just on Lazada, but also on the multiple topics of discontent in this forum), stem from the user's setup, not the website.

Of course that would be acceptable if said setup were giving the same problems for all shopping sites and not just Lazada.

Lazada implements aggressive security checks that often lead to the flagging of IP addresses followed up with repeated validation. The simple act of switching browsers can trigger unusual traffic detection.

I am quite sure the site comes under attack often but there are ways to protect without annoying users to the level Lazada does.

This problem also occurs when users are logged in which is beyond ridiculous.

I can browse Lazada at length without problems until I switch to a DNS that filters garbage. Two users on the same IP browsing Lazada can also trigger errors.

• Like 2