Pattaya: It's not just the floods - but all the trash that comes with it

webfact

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Front gardens were full of the trash that probably came from construction sites. 

{snipped}

Pattaya is frequently referred to as an internationally renowned world class resort but has problems with its basic infrastructure, notes Thaivisa. 

So an 'internationally renowned construction site' by the look of it.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, webfact said:

Pattaya is frequently referred to as an internationally renowned world class resort but has problems with its basic infrastructure, notes Thaivisa. 

I've heard it mentioned in the same breath as Monaco and Miami Beach by local politicians and businesses people.

50 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

September 2017 after a strong storm sat with a mate on a barstool high enough to keep us dry and watch the world trash pass by.

I have been appalled at the way that many Thais will just throw their rubbish anywhere, and just yesterday coming out of a Big C, a guy had eaten something and just dropped the rubbish on the ground as he was walking, and I thought, bloody typical. This as I have seen it happen time and time again.

7 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

This is a concept the Government do not understand when 'Infrastructure " is mentioned.

Infrastructure is not just about Transportation ( Road Building ) its about clean dinking water, waste disposal, sewerage treatment, green spaces, reliable Electric Supplies Etc Etc Etc.

Thailand will always be Third World with this attitude.

Totally agree.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

This is a concept the Government do not understand when 'Infrastructure " is mentioned.

Infrastructure is not just about Transportation ( Road Building ) its about clean dinking water, waste disposal, sewerage treatment, green spaces, reliable Electric Supplies Etc Etc Etc.

Thailand will always be Third World with this attitude.

Not forgetting a beachfront that can stay where it's supposed to be when it rains.

1 hour ago, Golden Triangle said:

What !!! You haven't heard? It's been designed that way according to someone on here ????????????

I was wondering whether he meant the 'wash-away beach (by design apparently), or perhaps the moving walkway, which loses bricks into sink holes quite frequently. 

11 hours ago, DefaultName said:

When tourists are here, I've seen them take off their shoes to walk through floods to save their shoes.  Me, I'd rather buy new shoes than risk a cut in that stuff.  ????

Bloody irritating when you got a new pair of expensive sandals on though! Trying to ride the bike through floodwater without putting a foot down.......

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Bloody irritating when you got a new pair of expensive sandals on though! Trying to ride the bike through floodwater without putting a foot down.......

Agreed, just stay in a bar until the water goes down.  What, bars closed?  ????   I'd still rather just wait, even beer-less, than risk a nasty infection.  I like my feet, they've supported me all my life.  ????