Prostitution continues in Pattaya despite COVID-19 restrictions

webfact

Just now, scubascuba3 said:

So much more straight forward on beach road

Well, as I said before, my understanding was that this was a "Thai" place, though obviously a lot of local expats know about it too. Don't think too many Thai guys are cruising Beach Road or LK Metro looking for ST hook-ups.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

Well, as I said before, my understanding was that this was a "Thai" place, though obviously a lot of local expats know about it too. Don't think too many Thai guys are cruising Beach Road or LK Metro looking for ST hook-ups.

well, on that other expat forum focusing on ladies of the night, it was never mentioned

23 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

I remember reading about it perhaps twenty years ago or more. Maybe on Nanaplaza or one of the forums around at that time.

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I didn't realise the government had imposed a sex ban because of COVID.

Although I do understand there is a ban on meetings of more than 10, I was just considering a meeting of one on one which is entirely within the COVID rules.

I’m not sure people understand what a slippery slope this is.  

If it is Covid (and social distancing) related, it could potentially  become illegal to meet a random stranger (under any pretense) anywhere and invite them home for something as innocuous as watching a DVD while eating popcorn out of the same bowl.

7 hours ago, Kerryd said:

Me too, but often I get parcels delivered from Banglamung and all that is written on them is (number/number) and Moo 5. Confuses me as well how they figure it out. (I just went and looked at 2 small boxes I had delivered recently and on both someone had written the house number and "moo 5" and that was it.

Moo means village. Each area has several villages.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Where is it? Moo 5 means nothing to most people

It's not where foreigners go.  But Moo or M is very important  for Mail and parcel delivery.  It's a designated  area not really a village in understanding of the word village.

Edited by The Hammer2021

17 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

It is just before the Naklua traffic lights on Sukhumvit road. 

22 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

It does if you have lived here a long time. The area is Moo 5 and the soi in question is just before the Naklua traffic lights on Sukhumvit road. There used to be a similiar soi on Tepprasit Soi 10 many moons ago... they were fun places actually.

I went looking for both and found neither 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Airalee said:

I’m not sure people understand what a slippery slope this is.  

If it is Covid (and social distancing) related, it could potentially  become illegal to meet a random stranger (under any pretense) anywhere and invite them home for something as innocuous as watching a DVD while eating popcorn out of the same bowl.

No.

3 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I went looking for both and found neither 

The Naklua soi is not 'in your face' like Pattaya Soi 6, and has other shops and houses and businesses. It is purely night time and really not for foreigners to hang out.

I wrote that the Tepprasit soi was like that many years ago..but was closed by the authorities a long time ago.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, chuang said:

They need to bring food to the table..

Indeed. Not like there's many office, retail, or factory employers clamoring to hiring them. Even if there were, it's not like the education they receive makes them terribly qualified for such.

We have a family member here who recently graduated HS. She's now crashing in an apt in the nearest big town with friends. She claims to have got a job in an electronics shop. But there's only two in town, and it's neither of those. Yet she's been sending her mom money. They're well aware of what's going on yet won't think or talk about it.

• Thanks 1