Prostitution continues in Pattaya despite COVID-19 restrictions

webfact

17 hours ago, Denim said:

Surely not ??  I thought Thailand was supposed to be cheap ?

At a price like that I would imagine the ' oldest profession '  will fade away almost to nothing.  I can't imagine being desperate enough to part with a hundred quid for such entertainment.

Makes me glad I am married. At those prices I would need to be celebrate or not eat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Airalee said:

I’m not sure people understand what a slippery slope this is.  

If it is Covid (and social distancing) related, it could potentially  become illegal to meet a random stranger (under any pretense) anywhere and invite them home for something as innocuous as watching a DVD while eating popcorn out of the same bowl.

Potentially, but there's no indication that the Government are considering such a drastic lockdown.

18 hours ago, Denim said:

Surely not ??  I thought Thailand was supposed to be cheap ?

At a price like that I would imagine the ' oldest profession '  will fade away almost to nothing.  I can't imagine being desperate enough to part with a hundred quid for such entertainment.

Probably the same Thai logic as other areas. No sales or customers... let's put up the price.

• Like 2

On 4/23/2021 at 9:11 AM, scubascuba3 said:

Where is it? Moo 5 means nothing to most people

On 4/23/2021 at 9:17 AM, jacko45k said:

North end of Naklua I think....

I think you will find it,s behind the Esso garage on Sukhumvit rd Naklua a well known and established area which services the mainly local Thai population.

7 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

3500-4000 is my monthly rent! thank god i have 2 hands and decent wifi......covid free and socially distance----wand washing included, naturally...

showing your independence eh.......????

1 minute ago, petermik said:

I think you will find it,s behind the Esso garage on Sukhumvit rd Naklua a well known and established area which services the mainly local Thai population.

So the garage displays the Pump(ing) prices then ? ????????

17 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

HISO

No way!

Our neighbour is a single Chinese man. 

One day at around 8 pm 2 girls were delivered to his house. 7.30 am they were picked up by someone, came back at 3 pm with 5 or 6 shopping bags each. Stayed one more night. Next day picked up by the same car as before. The boot was already full of similar shopping bags.

That's HiSo!

20210321_063843[1].jpg

Just now, petedk said:

No way!

One day at around 8 pm 2 girls were delivered to his house. 7.30 am they were picked up by someone, came back at 3 pm with 5 or 6 shopping bags each. Stayed one more night. Next day picked up by the same car as before. The boot was already full of similar shopping bags.

That's HiSo!

20210321_063843[1].jpg

Are you trying to tell us the females were all bags ?????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

What does the government expect all the out-of-work girls to do when the bars are shut?

They were prostitutes when the bars were open and remain so when they're shut, just moved it out to the pavement.

This place has nothing to do with the bar closures or lack of tourists.

The area in question has been running for over decade that I know of. Just like many other "Thai" places that few foreigners know about because they don't have scores of scantily clad women standing in front of them or aren't located in "convenient" areas.

Many such places are also not popular with foreigners as most of the staff only speak Thai and the dancers don't get naked (because most of their customers are Thai and probably more than a few are cops).

Some places also require people to be decently dressed. There used to be a place hidden between #2 Road and Beach Road in a small plaza. No scantily clad girls outside and far enough from both roads that most foreigners never saw it, and those that did probably thought it was a "Thai" club.
(There was a Thai disco on the right side and a high end coyote bar on the other).
They also had a dress code. No shorts, sandals (flip flops) or wife beater t-shirts, so that kept about 95% of the foreigners out. The high booze prices kept out another 4.5%.
Oh, and ridiculously high bar fines in the coyote bar. Like 10-12,000 baht ! (Seriously. I had a couple girls that I knew warn me about the fines so that I wouldn't try to bar fine them as I'd done in other places they'd worked before. Hate to have a few drinks and snacks, get a little buzzed, decide to bar fine someone and then get a bin for almost 20,000 baht !)

But they had some of the hottest women I've ever seen on a stage in Thailand. In fact, a lot of them were models and some had appeared in some magazines (like the Thai edition of Penthouse). The high bar fines were there to ensure that all their dancers wouldn't be b/f'd and disappear within 20 minutes of the club opening.

That was where a lot of the "upper echelon" Thais would go for a night out. You know, like the people in charge of certain cable TV stations and such. Went there myself more than a couple times and I never saw another foreigner in there at all. Did see some get turned away at the entrance though (usually because of their clothing).

Note: most of the Thai "coyote" bars I've been to were nowhere near that exclusive or expensive. Never see "beach bum foreigners" (t-shirts/shorts/flip flops) in them. I've been in a couple where you had a choice of booze. Johnny Walker Red or Johnny Walker Black. Nothing else. I had to buy a bottle of Jack from a 7-11 and pay the "uncorking" fee in the bar. Most expats wouldn't go to places like that.)

33 minutes ago, petedk said:

No way!

That's HiSo!

20210321_063843[1].jpg

a fool and his money are soon parted....I'd grab those empty bags--fill the boxes with wood blocks and apply a little old spice behind my ear.. ????

a rich man spends foolishly--a wealthy man knows the value of his money...those empty bags are perfect bait for some good ole experiments on thai society

maybe set one down in a mall by itself, grab a seat with your phone camera and upload the hijinks to FB to show all the thais what drives most of the girls....

29 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

This place has nothing to do with the bar closures or lack of tourists.

The area in question has been running for over decade that I know of. Just like many other "Thai" places that few foreigners know about because they don't have scores of scantily clad women standing in front of them or aren't located in "convenient" areas.

Many such places are also not popular with foreigners as most of the staff only speak Thai and the dancers don't get naked (because most of their customers are Thai and probably more than a few are cops).

Some places also require people to be decently dressed. There used to be a place hidden between #2 Road and Beach Road in a small plaza. No scantily clad girls outside and far enough from both roads that most foreigners never saw it, and those that did probably thought it was a "Thai" club.
(There was a Thai disco on the right side and a high end coyote bar on the other).
They also had a dress code. No shorts, sandals (flip flops) or wife beater t-shirts, so that kept about 95% of the foreigners out. The high booze prices kept out another 4.5%.
Oh, and ridiculously high bar fines in the coyote bar. Like 10-12,000 baht ! (Seriously. I had a couple girls that I knew warn me about the fines so that I wouldn't try to bar fine them as I'd done in other places they'd worked before. Hate to have a few drinks and snacks, get a little buzzed, decide to bar fine someone and then get a bin for almost 20,000 baht !)

But they had some of the hottest women I've ever seen on a stage in Thailand. In fact, a lot of them were models and some had appeared in some magazines (like the Thai edition of Penthouse). The high bar fines were there to ensure that all their dancers wouldn't be b/f'd and disappear within 20 minutes of the club opening.

That was where a lot of the "upper echelon" Thais would go for a night out. You know, like the people in charge of certain cable TV stations and such. Went there myself more than a couple times and I never saw another foreigner in there at all. Did see some get turned away at the entrance though (usually because of their clothing).

Note: most of the Thai "coyote" bars I've been to were nowhere near that exclusive or expensive. Never see "beach bum foreigners" (t-shirts/shorts/flip flops) in them. I've been in a couple where you had a choice of booze. Johnny Walker Red or Johnny Walker Black. Nothing else. I had to buy a bottle of Jack from a 7-11 and pay the "uncorking" fee in the bar. Most expats wouldn't go to places like that.)

There used to be a place in Phuket Town known locally as Soi 11 I was told by a Thai friend no farangs allowed but I never went there honest

19 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Where is it? Moo 5 means nothing to most people

This area is in the Nukluea area in Banglamung which is mostly catered to Thai men.  I been there years ago, lot of cops go there as to why they still operate. I'm afraid us falang are stuck with the bottom of the barrel of whats left on beach road and Soi Buakhao these days.

Edited by time2093
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, petermik said:

a well known and established area

a no, not with Falang, never mentioned before although maybe you can find a thread. A well known and established area would be, Soi 6, Soi 7, Soi 8, Buakhao, Soi Pothole etc, Not Moo 5 ????

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Kerryd said:

I'd like to interview the one in the red top. Maybe the reporter can give her my number ?

Strictly for "professional" reasons of course !

That's Achara 'Pancake' Lamsan

He's originally from Sisaket.