Prostitution continues in Pattaya despite COVID-19 restrictions

webfact

21 hours ago, kotsak said:

Prostitution exists since the dawn of man.. It ain't going anywhere..

Except Pattaya Walking Street, where the authorities checked that area carefully a few years back and couldn't find even the slightest evidence of it, and that's for sure true, because I read it in the news section on this site...????????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, gamini said:

Without prostitution Pattaya has little atraction. The 2000 expected US troops coming there soon are coming for sex.

for sex.

Best get yours now                                                            now! 

26 minutes ago, Kerryd said:
35 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

The zone of interest in the OP is behind the PTT on the Pattaya-Naklua road between Soi 14 and Soi 12.

Or so I've been told.

Yes, I posted the Google map link to the place back on page 1 (no idea what the post number is anymore as TV apparently decided post numbers were superfluous).

Its been several years  (around 2004) that I visited the girls, it was an Esso petrol station back then, is it now PTT? I dont go that way since the flyover was built.

The Lumpini condos in the photo background was not built back in the day.

1 hour ago, Kerryd said:

Yes, I posted the Google map link to the place back on page 1 (no idea what the post number is anymore as TV apparently decided post numbers were superfluous).

Google in their wisdom just showed the picture not the map.

22 hours ago, Denim said:

Surely not ??  I thought Thailand was supposed to be cheap ?

At a price like that I would imagine the ' oldest profession '  will fade away almost to nothing.  I can't imagine being desperate enough to part with a hundred quid for such entertainment.

Depends on how exotic the entertainment is....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wongkitlo said:

Google in their wisdom just showed the picture not the map.

You have to zoom out and then click "map". I linked the "street view" image to show it was the same soi as in the news report. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ChipButty said:

There used to be a place in Phuket Town known locally as Soi 11 I was told by a Thai friend no farangs allowed but I never went there honest

I think I went there, accidentally. Not sure, it was more than twenty years ago. Saw pictures of girls faces in black & white outside a place and heard some caterwauling inside. Had no idea. Decided to ask and one girl who spoke English was summoned. She convinced me to go in to take a look.

Sat down and she sat next to me.  The caterwauling continued from the girls on the stage. Girl was friendly and communicative, though kept pinching me from time to time and at some point kept stating "Sa bai". I was brought a drinks menu and became a little apprehensive, expecting a rip off.

Finally it became clear that the girl was asking for a 'Spy' wine cooler. ???? Priced at a very reasonable 30 baht. No rip off at all. 

Girl seemed to think that I preferred one of the girls on the stage more than herself and asked me if I wanted her to sit with me instead. I declined. After I few more minutes I had heard enough and was ready to go on my way. Didn't really understand the whole experience at the time with the garlands etc. But the girl was pleasant enough and not pushy....even when I refused her request for 100 baht. I guess I was too concerned about being cheated, so perhaps wasn't that relaxed nor generous.

A pleasant enough experience. No shenanigans; I was only out for an exploratory walk. Though she did offer to accompany me to the toilet. Again I declined her kind offer.

I think there may have been other establishments and pimps around. Remember seeing one with a particularly long Pinky nail. Perhaps that was the way you could recognise them.

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

I think I went there, accidentally. Not sure, it was more than twenty years ago. Saw pictures of girls faces in black & white outside a place and heard some caterwauling inside. Had no idea. Decided to ask and one girl who spoke English was summoned. She convinced me to go in to take a look.

Sat down and she sat next to me.  The caterwauling continued from the girls on the stage. Girl was friendly and communicative, though kept pinching me from time to time and at some point kept stating "Sa bai". I was brought a drinks menu and became a little apprehensive, expecting a rip off.

Finally it became clear that the girl was asking for a 'Spy' wine cooler. ???? Priced at a very reasonable 30 baht. No rip off at all. 

Girl seemed to think that I preferred one of the girls on the stage more than herself and asked me if I wanted her to sit with me instead. I declined. After I few more minutes I had heard enough and was ready to go on my way. Didn't really understand the whole experience at the time with the garlands etc. But the girl was pleasant enough and not pushy....even when I refused her request for 100 baht. I guess I was too concerned about being cheated, so perhaps wasn't that relaxed nor generous.

A pleasant enough experience. No shenanigans; I was only out for an exploratory walk. Though she did offer to accompany me to the toilet. Again I declined her kind offer.

I think there may have been other establishments and pimps around. Remember seeing one with a particularly long Pinky nail. Perhaps that was the way you could recognise them.

Was that the Pink Lady?

The Monger God's Great Big Invisible Hand (GBIH) is the culprit. It Grabs Western Male Feminists, pulls them into naughty massage parlors, and holds them there until the vixens have had their sinful way. Studies show that their victims resisted for an average 82.4 seconds.

Oh the humanity!

• Haha 1

On 4/23/2021 at 2:58 PM, BritManToo said:

I didn't realise the government had imposed a sex ban because of COVID.

Although I do understand there is a ban on meetings of more than 10, I was just considering a meeting of one on one which is entirely within the COVID rules.

Sure it is. Don't forget to wear your mask and condom