COVID vaccination at Private Hospitals

Sheryl

I went in person to an Information desk at Bumrungrad last evening, presented my member card, and asked if they were doing anything in regard to vaccines, and whether they were or not, could I get on any kind of wait list. The nice young woman said there was nothing happening at this time and no wait list per se. But she pulled up my contact info from her computer, turned out the phone number was one I had delegated to a backup phone I seldom look at, so she entered my better number-that alone was worth the visit. She said they would try to contact me by email or phone if there were any developments. I asked that any email be in English, and she seemed to say they would try.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Farang99 said:

No links to anything in this post - just a space to enter your email.

Previously there were links to specific hospitals (see attachment) - not sure what happened to change it to the current language “Thai hospitals are currently not allowed to advertise for COVID-19 vaccines. Please sign up for the mailing list to get notified when this changes.”

4B1DEF75-9952-4219-96EB-EC65689AD66E.jpeg

From an email exchange I had with Vibhavadi Hospital, January of this year:

”We acknowledged your request. The vaccine is in the process to get authorization from Government.

We will record your name in our list. We will contact you after we have the vaccine.”

Email: [email protected][email protected]

(gotta question an institution that uses a hotmail account though!)  

• Like 1

Bumrungrad sent me a COVID 19 Vaccine requirement survey email back in February asking something like,  "If the hospital acquires any COVID vaccines, would you be interested in getting said vaccine or going on a  waiting list?"

So they must be thinking about doing vaccinations.

From Dr. Donna’s clinic:

Thank you for using medconsult! We do have a Covid Vaccination Waitlist. If you wish to register your place on the list please click the link below to record your name and email:

https://forms.gle/hsRUz86j9mx2FmU16

We will keep you updated and once the vaccine becomes available we will let you know immediately. 

Best Regards,

MedConsult Team

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, TimBKK said:

From an email exchange I had with Vibhavadi Hospital, January of this year:

”We acknowledged your request. The vaccine is in the process to get authorization from Government.

We will record your name in our list. We will contact you after we have the vaccine.”

Email: [email protected][email protected]

(gotta question an institution that uses a hotmail account though!)  

Comments/e.mails etc., in January this year is totally out of date. Lots of policies/ suggestions/ suppose lists etc., happened since then and it continues to chance every few days.

Nobody should be waiting by the phone expecting they will get a call from getting on a list in January or even yesterday.

Need to get new up to date info. As already wisely mentioned regular visits to the hospitals etc., is needed.

19 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Comments/e.mails etc., in January this year is totally out of date. Lots of policies/ suggestions/ suppose lists etc., happened since then and it continues to chance every few days.

Nobody should be waiting by the phone expecting they will get a call from getting on a list in January or even yesterday.

Need to get new up to date info. As already wisely mentioned regular visits to the hospitals etc., is needed.

Posted for reference only - I thought this was quite obvious but for some, I guess it needs to be explained.  I am used to this though, my 6 year old requires the same kind of hand holding. 

Edited by TimBKK
Grammar

19 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Bangkok Hospital email:  "Currently Covid Vaccine is still not available at Bangkok Hospital Group. We will let you know as soon as possible once we have further update information." Not really clear if having emailed them got me on any sort of list or not or if they just mean they will let everyone on their mailing list know.

Thanks

Hopefully they'll have a list for the Issan areas of Thailand.

6 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

to summarize so far:

You can get in a waiting list at:

-Samitivej Hospital

-BNH Hospital

-MedconsultAsia

-Bangkok Pattaya Hospital (bot nto Bangkok Hopsital in Bangkok)

This from BPH yesterday

Greetings from Bangkok Hospital Pattaya.
Further to your inquiry, please be informed that the COVID-19 vaccination is not yet available in BPH since we are still on the process of finalizing the service prior to make it available for the public. Should there be any information about the availability, brand name and cost, we will be posting the updates via our website or facebook page. The requested waiting list is not yet available. Kindly contact us again once we have posted updates in our website or facebook page.

2 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

This from BPH yesterday

Greetings from Bangkok Hospital Pattaya.
Further to your inquiry, please be informed that the COVID-19 vaccination is not yet available in BPH since we are still on the process of finalizing the service prior to make it available for the public. Should there be any information about the availability, brand name and cost, we will be posting the updates via our website or facebook page. The requested waiting list is not yet available. Kindly contact us again once we have posted updates in our website or facebook page.

Thanks, corrected my post

40 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

I can pretty well guarantee that this was said to placate you/tell you what you want to hear and that no special notation was made, no special effort will be made to contact you other than whatever might be sent to all their patients.

That's what I was thinking too, but it actually makes me feel better to go through the motions even if the odds are that I'm being fed BS. You never know when a snippet of info might come up that contributes in some way to one's view of things. And I don't mind acting stupid and going in and asking questions when I already know what's likely to be said.

6 hours ago, phetphet said:

Bumrungrad sent me a COVID 19 Vaccine requirement survey email back in February asking something like,  "If the hospital acquires any COVID vaccines, would you be interested in getting said vaccine or going on a  waiting list?"

So they must be thinking about doing vaccinations.

Same here. Survey asked vaccine type preference and various personal health questions. But this hospital is in BKK. I'm in Phuket. 

Pattaya International Hospital - no waiting list

"We do not have a waiting list for the vaccine. We are hoping to have the vaccine for the public around June-July time frame. We also do not know the price for the vaccine. You can be inform on the vaccine by our website, FaceBook page, or just call our reception at 038-428-374"

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

check back here in about 4 -6 months, perhaps then folks will have some useful information..

Of little interest to most on here but village heads have started taking registrations.

21 hours ago, Sheryl said:

to summarize so far:

You can get in a waiting list at:

-Samitivej Hospital

-BNH Hospital

-MedconsultAsia

Like a couple of others have mentioned, I also received a very professional email from Bumrungrad in February.  It linked to a survey, which I completed, and for which I received a confirmation email.  Based on conversations with other friends, I believe they sent this to all registered Bumrungrad patients.

A few weeks ago, I called about something else, and while on the line I asked if there was any further news.  I received a very professional reply (which was clearly scripted), saying that an application had been made to the relevant authorities and they were waiting for approval.  And that anyone who had completed the questionnaire would be emailed if/when any firm information was available.

I'm guessing a lot of "less than reputable" health clinics are going to start offering all sorts of vaccination waiting list sign up offers on social media and the web just to build a marketing list that will get you blasted with all sort of unwanted (non-vaccine) health related spam email.  I've already seen a couple of links to such clinics on this forum and on the web.

If I were going to sign up for any list at all it would just be with a recognized established hospital (such as those Sheryl is listing, and no others...unless, of course you like receiving spam in your in-box.

Edited by WaveHunter