Its Too <deleted> Hot

Pilotman

I find  mid november to mid February   great here in Nakonowhere.       To 24th April, my  electric bill went  up 50%.. for the month.. Told the wife she will have to get a job cutting rice to pay for  Mays account.

• Haha 2

Maybe im strange, but always when im home in Thailand i only use AC maybe one month/year!

I manage whit fan in north isan. Mrs say also its really hot now, her girl not manage whitout AC ever.

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

Our kitchen is actually a separate building outside the main house. That was to protect me when Mrs P cooked her horrible  smelly fish, that comes from around 10 miles down in the Mariana Trench .  Its not airconned, big mistake.

So you could air-con the outside building if you like to cook. ????

Cooking is not my thing.

It was 43 on my small farmland today made a separate room with air-con in my farmhouse mancave to have a few beers.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

I like the heat, it can be invigorating and keeps you young and active,

The heat does exactly the opposite, making you slow and inactive. It's pure physics - the closer the external temperature gets to 37C, the harder your body has work to prevent it from overheating, and thus sapping energy. Thailand is way above the temperature for optimal physical performance, nearly all year.

It will vary by a few days depending on where you live, but the sun is directly over Pattaya on April 24, and Bangkok on April 26, making these the theoretically hottest days of they year given no cloud clover.

I've found most of April so far cooler than previous years on average due to the number of rainy and overcast days (Pattaya).

I use air-conditioning if it's too hot and expect higher electricity bills at this time of year. So far my room temperature hasn't gone above 30C, so still relatively cool (for April). I consider it quite strange that people retiring in Thailand, would complain about the heat.

Edited by JensenZ
  • Like 1

I put the aircon on in the bedroom for about half an hour before I go to bed just to cool the room down then we sleep with the fan on. As far as cooking goes the only reason I know we have a kitchen is the fridge is located there otherwise I would never have to set foot in that room. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

yeah and the closer you go to it the hotter it gets, kinda like flying to the sun on whingers airways..

What nonsense, whingers airways, I've never heard of them, you've made that up.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2