Its Too <deleted> Hot

Pilotman

19 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Our kitchen is actually a separate building outside the main house. That was to protect me when Mrs P cooked her horrible  smelly fish, that comes from around 10 miles down in the Mariana Trench .  Its not airconned, big mistake.

That’s the way to do it , and kerp

vermin out the house 

4 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Not a fan of humour then Eh? I suggest that you stop reading my posts then, as most are made for humorous effect, which clearly you don't get. There is a block function you know; I suggest that you use it. 

ok, i really didn't get it.... humor. I would never have guessed.. hot weather, curry, in the same posting... that's hilarious... 

And now a block function, like Legos - a good suggestion on a hot day.. I never had legos when I was a kid. 

21 hours ago, Pilotman said:

I think its a big reason that we all live here, but it has its down side. 

Yeah, me too. But it does get difficult once the needle starts to head north of 35/36C

• Like 1

21 hours ago, 2 is 1 said:

Maybe im strange, but always when im home in Thailand i only use AC maybe one month/year!

I manage whit fan in north isan. Mrs say also its really hot now, her girl not manage whitout AC ever.

I also prefer fan to A/C ... don't actually use the A/C much at all ... maybe on v e r y hot nights ... Helps me get and stay acclimatized ...

There's also just something nicer about fan ... the sense that I'm in touch with the environment, in a hot country a long way from home. Says I'm in Thailand/Asia.

A/C is more of a bubble that I feel cuts me off from the outside world. Could be anywhere.

Though I do hide happily in a mall at midday or so 555

Edited by BusyB
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

So you could air-con the outside building if you like to cook. ????

Cooking is not my thing.

It was 43 on my small farmland today made a separate room with air-con in my farmhouse mancave to have a few beers.

The hottest I can ever remember it was visiting a Thai, let's say 'acquaintance', on her family's farm near Udon Thani.

It was over 40 then, and I can remember hanging in a hammock under the house, grateful for every slight hint of air movement (there weren't many) because it wasn't possible to do anything else.

Riding a motocy didn't help either. It always did elsewhere because the airflow seems cooler. But it didn't help at all in those temperatures - it was like trying to cool off with a hairdryer ...

(And no she never came anywhere near bankrupting me. Pleasant dalliance and nice experience, but no more, although I was quite fond of her. I called it a day after 2 years when she started to play power games. I did warn her that I can't be bothered with that but she unfortunately didn't take the hint ... oh well ...)

Edited by BusyB

20 minutes ago, BusyB said:

The hottest I can ever remember it was visiting a Thai, let's say 'acquaintance', on her family's farm near Udon Thani.

It was over 40 then, and I can remember hanging in a hammock under the house, grateful for every slight hint of air movement (there weren't many) because it wasn't possible to do anything else.

Riding a motocy didn't help either. It always did elsewhere because the airflow seems cooler. But it didn't help at all in those temperatures - it was like trying to cool off with a hairdryer ...

(And no she never came anywhere near bankrupting me. Pleasant dalliance and nice experience, but no more, although I was quite fond of her. I called it a day after 2 years when she started to play power games. I did warn her that I can't be bothered with that but she unfortunately didn't take the hint ... oh well ...)

This time of year only when there's been some rain and cooled a little bit I might ride the bike,  truck and scoot most of the time. 

The house is OK with fans during day downstairs but air-con comes on in TV room about 5 ish.

I put an air-con in a room I built inside my mancave just  outside the village for this hot time of year. 

IMG_20190704_163004.thumb.jpg.cae1085338b41a9fdd6fea5a4332dcf8.jpg

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

This time of year only when there's been some rain and cooled a little bit I might ride the bike,  truck and scoot most of the time. 

The house is OK with fans during day downstairs but air-con comes on in TV room about 5 ish.

I put an air-con in a room I built inside my mancave just  outside the village for this hot time of year. 

IMG_20190704_163004.thumb.jpg.cae1085338b41a9fdd6fea5a4332dcf8.jpg

Oddly enough I've never been to Sukothai, even though it's a 'must see'. It is on the list though.

8 minutes ago, BusyB said:

Oddly enough I've never been to Sukothai, even though it's a 'must see'. It is on the list though.

I'm safe from covid in my mancave you're welcome for a beer anytime in Muang Kao that is Old City (Old Sukhothai).

New Sukhothai is a bit dodgy at the moment,  not a good time to travel there IMHO.

Edited by Kwasaki

22 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

tell that to my new siberian husky

crying outside all day and won't stop drinking water

had to put it in a cage with a blanket over it, seems to be sleeping better now

Siberia = COLD, Thailand = HOT. How cruel. Do you intend to keep a few penguins or polar bears as well.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, rott said:

Bangkok is about 1,000 miles north of the equator and arguably hotter. 

People are mainly commenting on the humidity which seems worse this year and can get very uncomfortable. Lol yourself. 

wah wah wah... the seasonal humidity has been around longer than any expat has ever been here, it's just the whining gets louder each year. Leave the kitchen and go home to mommy if its too hot for you..

2 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

wah wah wah... the seasonal humidity has been around longer than any expat has ever been here, it's just the whining gets louder each year. Leave the kitchen and go home to mommy if its too hot for you..

Actually the humidity is much worse this year as rainy season has started early and is country wide.   And I do have a history here going back some 50 years and the wife some 80 and we both find this year a huge exception to the norm.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Actually the humidity is much worse this year as rainy season has started early and is country wide.   And I do have a history here going back some 50 years and the wife some 80 and we both find this year a huge exception to the norm.  

you work for Greta ? lol, sorry, I just don't buy that bs...

• Confused 1

I agree, it's hot. In 19 years here, last year and this year have been the hottest.

By coincidence, like Pilotman, I was cooking a curry while my wife and little dog were enjoying the aircon upstairs

I claim to be good in the heat and have said so a couple of time on this forum as it relates to my biking. Usually, I go out in the heat of the day and ride for up to two hours and with my cruising speed around 27kph I create a breeze that keeps me cool. Recently though, the heat has been overcoming me that makes me more tired.

I do drink about half a litre of water before I go out and on return home drink about a litre and half, recovering well.

But all is well; I came here to live because I spent more than 50 years being cold and expected to stay warm and that satisfies one reason why I won't be cold ever again!

Well, alright, when I am lying on life's final slab I will be cold but won't feel it.

4 hours ago, BusyB said:

After MIL's funeral at the village I had to go stay in an hotel just for the AC as it was too hot for me, and I couldn't sleep.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

After MIL's funeral at the village I had to go stay in an hotel just for the AC as it was too hot for me, and I couldn't sleep.

That's the problem with cremations. If you get up the front, it can get a bit hot. ????

Edited by Gandtee
Additional words.

Don't get me wrong, I like to cook. But why isn't she cooking. I assume you pay the bills, built the house, bought the car and so on. But she is the one who likes to eat every couple hours. And is setting in the air-conditioning.