Thailand’s medical system facing its biggest test as virus surges back

snoop1130

000_97P844.jpeg

A health worker closes the door of a Covid-19 field hospital, recently set up to combat the spread of the novel coronavirus, on the outskirts of Bangkok on April 10, 2021. (Photo by Lillian SUWANRUMPHA / AFP)

With COVID-19 cases now rising by more than 1,000 per day, many Thais are wondering whether the country’s healthcare sector will crumble under the pressure.

Despite the launch of field hospitals and “hospitels” (hotels turned into hospitals) concern is rising that the limited medical workforce may soon be overburdened.

Those fears intensified this week after the Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) announced that 146 medics had come down with the disease. Thirty-three of the medics were infected at work, which also forced members of their team to quarantine.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thailands-medical-system-facing-its-biggest-test-as-virus-surges-back/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2021-04-23

• Sad 4
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, ronaldo0 said:

Funny everything suddenly goes sideways when they actually start testing people. But all these beds they are saying getting taken are no doubt being filled with 99% asymptomatic cases I would wager. 
Had a year to get a plan together but instead spent the time boasting about figures for massively untested population !!

Reap what you sow !

99% are not asymptomatic.  They are separating the sick from the asymptomatic.  As best they can anyway.  A real mess.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, 10baht said:

The problem is the many , many Thais will not quarantine at home. For example have you had a procedure here and in the States? Like a colonoscopy? In the States you clean yourself out at home and come to the hospital ready to go. Here, you do the cleansing process under the watchful eyes of the hospital staff at the hospital. They do not trust the general Thai population ( from past experience I was told) to do it. So how can they expect to change when it comes to quarntining?

Can't say I have..... although there was this one night when I got really drunk and woke up with a sore <deleted> ????

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, sandyf said:

The blame lays squarely on every government.

UK borrowing as a result of the pandemic is 6 times the pre pandemic level and now close to around 100% of GDP.

Thailand and other emerging economies do not have the luxury of that level of borrowing, time people faced reality. It is what it is and everyone has a choice.

its called delusions of grandeur

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, mark131v said:

Don't worry a government mouthpiece will be along in a minute to assure us it's just a misunderstanding and actually everything is rosy in la la land...

...which one...there seems to be one from each department...no wonder people are confused and lack direction.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Dialemco said:

Thailand must try to expedite vaccination programme for entire population vaccinating the most vulnerable  first and stop the crazy sandbox plans for Phuket. Invest money in vaccines and forget about tourism until Covid under control

How many of the population have been vaccinated under the  government vaccination plan.I haven't come across one .

• Like 1