41 field hospitals setup by MHESI

snoop1130

402ce46df1d723ac82c288085be334bd_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - Adding to field hospitals set up by the Ministries of Public Health and the Interior as well as the Royal Thai Army, the Ministry of Higher Education, Science, Research and Innovation (MHESI) has ordered its universities to provide space for COVID-19 patients and apply their innovations to help with care.

A field hospital set up by Chulalongkorn University at the National Stadium has opened for service and is employing AI powered robots as well as cutting edge computers to care for the occupants of its 100 beds. It was established to take in patients with no or only mild symptoms, and is able to forward those with severe symptoms to Chulalongkorn Hospital.

Another such hospital has been opened by Suranaree University of Technology in Nakhon Ratchasima, similarly equipping its 200 beds with innovative technologies.

In total, 41 field hospitals have been established by MHESI institutions with a total of 12,000 beds. They are currently treating 1,600 patients.

The Erawan 2 field hospital at Bangkok Arena in Bangkok began receiving patients for the first time today. Its 400-bed capacity is divided into 220 beds for women and 180 for men. Director Dr. Ukkrit Utensuk explained the facility will handle patients with either no or mild symptoms, and will pick up patients from their homes as ordered by Bangkok officials. It plans to fill it to capacity by this weekend to limit the movement of patients to and from patient areas. Once full, outsiders will not be allowed into the hospital.

nnt.jpg

-- © Copyright NNT 2021-04-23

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Trujillo said:

This whole idea of testing positive and then having to go in the virus sin bin with anyone else who tested positive is baffling to me. 

Yeah, this strategy will not scale.

It might have worked when dealing with a hot-spot or two, especially with migrants, but just not gonna work if the current rate even plateaus at 2,000. Beds aren't really the issue; it's the volume of "patients" that's overwhleming.

• Like 2

"......In total, 41 field hospitals have been established by MHESI institutions with a total of 12,000 beds. They are currently treating 1,600 patients........"

This doesn't add up.  As I recall, {and I would have to look back to confirm which I am too lazy to do} there has been over 1000 positive tests every day for past week at least.  If there are 1,600 being treated where are the other 5,000+.

Could be in real hospitals I guess.

But regardless, as others have stated, if/when they have a real wave tens of thousands positive tests per day will over whelm 12,000 beds.

o yes, innovative are dustbins, chairs and cardboard boxes, which I haven'y seen in any other field hospital. And not as closely positioned as in the other ones.

"to fill it to capacity by this weekend to limit the movement of patients to and from patient areas."

so when they are packed in like sardines they won't be to able to roam far away from their beds, under watchful attention of innovative robots spying on those straying.

6 hours ago, Blumpie said:

I want to quarantine there like I want to drink a gallon of bleach.  

Nice cardboard boxes to sleep on.  

????I'm sleeping on a box.

I'm sleeping on a cardboard box????

Could be problematical for bedwetters.

13 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Yeah, this strategy will not scale.

It might have worked when dealing with a hot-spot or two, especially with migrants, but just not gonna work if the current rate even plateaus at 2,000. Beds aren't really the issue; it's the volume of "patients" that's overwhleming.

Where are all the care workers coming from?

Boasting about numbers of field hospital beds is one thing but what about the helpers?

• Like 1