Thai March exports unexpectedly jump 8.5%, hit record value

3 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Nope, I am just exhausted from celebrating last month's victory. 

Are April's numbers out yet?

Screenshot_20210521-134903_Photos.jpg

Not that I can see, the exchange rate isn't offering any clues either. If they are out it can't be big news so I'm guessing they're flat.

11 hours ago, Brierley said:

For whatever reason they have delayed releasing the trade balance numbers for April, until Monday 24th at 10:30am.

The excitement reach new heights as they leave this cliffhanger over the weekend.

I guess our cut-off time as COB Monday is still workable or we could add a second rate pinpoint, just so international markets also have a chance to play their hand.

Tuesday noon would work good.

Shutting down Thailand's industrial heartland might work in my favor. 

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/05/21/chonburi-governor-orders-temporary-closure-of-okamura-metal-factory-after-cluster-of-98-covid-19-cases-found/

4 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

The excitement reach new heights as they leave this cliffhanger over the weekend.

I guess our cut-off time as COB Monday is still workable or we could add a second rate pinpoint, just so international markets also have a chance to play their hand.

Tuesday noon would work good.

Shutting down Thailand's industrial heartland might work in my favor. 

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/05/21/chonburi-governor-orders-temporary-closure-of-okamura-metal-factory-after-cluster-of-98-covid-19-cases-found/

Tuesday noon? Ha, I really don't think so...why not the 14th June, just to be safe! :))

Since the announcement will be made at 10:30am Monday, let's just go with midday, that way the impact on the rate is solely down to that news rather than any other new that might subsequently be announced.

Yes.......! The Commerce Minister reported that exports had likely increased by more than 10% in April, the numbers will be released on Tuesday he said. Reported in the paper that cannot be named. Logically I'd expect THB to open stronger on Monday so I'm not sure how we handle our wager since the news is being leaked slowly over the weekend, in advance of official release.

How about you just hand over the scotch anyway. :))

Edited by Brierley