Thailand says to add ICU beds after reporting record COVID-19 tally

snoop1130

6 hours ago, superal said:

Thai field hospitals appear to be a bedding facility only and patients to be bedded very close together . Free to Thais but 100,000 baht to farangs who have no choice but to comply because private hospitals are full up .

Do you have a source for that 100,000 baht price, or did you just read that here in some post?

Edited by Danderman123

9 hours ago, Foggy Mario said:

The consequences of lockdown outweighs C-19 who has a degree of recovery near to 97%.

its a deliberate excuse to execute world elite orders.

the number of these stand at around 400 to 450 people.

think what you may but one thing is for sure; the world will never go back to pre March 2020.

don’t take my word for it, wait and see.

Look at Brazil and India, 2 countries that never locked down, and explain why it’s okay that they never locked down.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Except that India set up vaccine production a long time ago.

However, I would expect the government to do a better job of organizing vaccinations in Thailand, once large quantities of vaccine are available.

On second thought: Thailand has already vaccinated 1,000,000 people, so why aren’t all health care workers vaccinated already?

You got your hand up for a Sputnik

5 hours ago, Doowat said:

Nice to finally come across a critical thinker. UK Govt has consistently and deliberately exaggerated the adverse effects of the virus to instil fear in the population to ease the way for the draconian rules it has imposed. Coupled with zero tolerance censorship by the MSM and social media of any dissenting views is food and drink to the conspiracy theorists. The UK government's own figures via the ONS revealed that up to last Christmas the number of deaths among the under 60s from Covid 19 with no underlying conditions was around the 400 mark. The MSM have been completely silent on such data. We have found ourselves in an age of censorship, propaganda, regulation and massive over reach by the authorities that will end up with state control of citizens akin to the Soviet era. I wouldn't trust this generation of politicians to walk my dog.

There are 127,000 Brits who would argue with you, but they are all dead from Covid-19.

This is just a simple procedure:  the amount of cases per day, how many will need an ICU bed?  The numbers for this pandemic are easy.

I can't believe after being away for three weeks cases are 2800 per day and rising fast.  It's very surreal for me.  And they are running out of beds too.  Bizarre!  

Thailand had it relatively under control, but no more.  I fear for the people of Thailand, as they haven't even seen a real wave of this yet.  

12 minutes ago, Blumpie said:

This is just a simple procedure:  the amount of cases per day, how many will need an ICU bed?  The numbers for this pandemic are easy.

I can't believe after being away for three weeks cases are 2800 per day and rising fast.  It's very surreal for me.  And they are running out of beds too.  Bizarre!  

Thailand had it relatively under control, but no more.  I fear for the people of Thailand, as they haven't even seen a real wave of this yet.  

Well we have that calculation already provided by the Department of Medical Services as of midnight April 22 this was released. Before todays huge spike in numbers and based on the daily numbers then which was around 1,500 per day.

"hospitals in metropolitan areas will be able to accept new ICU patients for another 10 days, while hospitals elsewhere will have capacity for 20 days."

So disaster is not far away, here's the detailed Thailand wide figures of remaining beds:

- AIIR or Airborne Infection Isolation Room: 409 out of 704 beds were occupied, or 58.1 per cent

- Modified AIIR rooms: 1,009 out of 1,688 beds were occupied, or 59.8 per cent

- Isolated rooms: 5,857 out of 9,206 beds were occupied, or 63.6 per cent

- Cohort ward: 8,894 out of 22,435 beds were occupied, or 39.6 per cent

- Cohort ICU: 3,129 out of 6,333 beds were occupied, or 49.4 per cent

- Hospitel (hotels serving as hospitals): 88 out of 158 beds were occupied, or 55.7 per cent

“In Bangkok and surrounding areas, 11,075 beds were used by Covid-19 patients of the total 16,422 hospital beds available, or 67.4 per cent,” he added.

Looking pretty scary.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40000181

Again these figures did not include the last 2 days case count so a far worse projection can now be assumed.

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1

This is out of date now as the prediction that ICU beds were enough for one week was predicating on new daily ases remaining stable at 1,500.  But they are now nearly 3,000 and still rising which means that they will run out within a couple of days.  

Early last week the government said that cases would fall to 80 a day by the end of the month.  They have planned accordingly.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Well we have that calculation already provided by the Department of Medical Services as of midnight April 22 this was released. Before todays huge spike in numbers and based on the daily numbers then which was around 1,500 per day.

"hospitals in metropolitan areas will be able to accept new ICU patients for another 10 days, while hospitals elsewhere will have capacity for 20 days."

So disaster is not far away, here's the detailed Thailand wide figures of remaining beds:

- AIIR or Airborne Infection Isolation Room: 409 out of 704 beds were occupied, or 58.1 per cent

- Modified AIIR rooms: 1,009 out of 1,688 beds were occupied, or 59.8 per cent

- Isolated rooms: 5,857 out of 9,206 beds were occupied, or 63.6 per cent

- Cohort ward: 8,894 out of 22,435 beds were occupied, or 39.6 per cent

- Cohort ICU: 3,129 out of 6,333 beds were occupied, or 49.4 per cent

- Hospitel (hotels serving as hospitals): 88 out of 158 beds were occupied, or 55.7 per cent

“In Bangkok and surrounding areas, 11,075 beds were used by Covid-19 patients of the total 16,422 hospital beds available, or 67.4 per cent,” he added.

Looking pretty scary.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40000181

Again these figures did not include the last 2 days case count so a far worse projection can now be assumed.

Sadly we are nearly there nearly 3,000 cases reported this morning and probably rapidly heading up to 20,000 or 30,000 a day, as happened in other places when they broke 2,000.  At that rate there will be many poor people dying at home with their families also infected and desperately trying to help them without oxygen. 

The only thing to do is to lock yourself down for the next few months and hope to survive until vaccines are availble, perhaps around the end of the year.  The government wil soon eat its words and lock down Bangkok and other places with curfews.  Stay safe.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

Sadly we are nearly there nearly 3,000 cases reported this morning and probably rapidly heading up to 20,000 or 30,000 a day, as happened in other places when they broke 2,000.  At that rate there will be many poor people dying at home with their families also infected and desperately trying to help them without oxygen. 

The only thing to do is to lock yourself down for the next few months and hope to survive until vaccines are availble, perhaps around the end of the year.  The government wil soon eat its words and lock down Bangkok and other places with curfews.  Stay safe.

The ting that you need to consider is that if the health care system fails the entire country is in trouble.  If doctors all get sick, then you won't get any health care at all.  

Again, nobody in their right mind and no country on earth would recommend any kind of tourism to any country that doesn't have this under control, not to mention a properly vaccinated population.  It doesn't matter if you're vaccinated or not.  

When it comes to health care insurance, good luck finding it if you travel against your home countries advice without a huge premium.  Not to mention that health care is only worth something if it's available.  Get appendicitis and there are no surgeries?  You're dead.  

• Sad 2

8 hours ago, mick01827 said:

Very strange post???? This isn't about cv19!!!!! Its about control! WAKE UP FELLA!

I would rather be under totalitarian control right now. Vietnam is a very good example. Barely 3000 cases, people live pretty much normal lives over there, no lockdowns, no wierdo “its just a flu” people...

However you deniers that living in so called “free countries” are facing lockdowns, mandatory mask wearing, restrictions etc.

Why is that?

Because of people that will whine and complain about a 2 week lockdown or because of a alco ban.  Or because of wanting to feel they have enough “freedom” not to wear a mask in public... 

These are the reason why your governments are FORCED to “control” you. 

While in countries with REAL control, people can live more freely these days.

I hope this was not too complicated to understand. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Trujillo said:

What I can't understand is the people in the photo lining up to be tested. If you are not sick, i.e. no symptoms, why would you risk putting yourself in a forced, group quarantine situation for 14 days? 

This time last year, the Thai bashers were decrying the low infection numbers here as fake news because Thailand wasn't proactively testing like Korea and Taiwan.

This year, the Thai bashers are decrying the ramped-up testing of the population here as it's going to make things look worse.

16 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

The official numbers for vaccination are close to 1,000,000. How they managed to not vaccinate hospital staff is a mystery to me.

Because it was much more important to vaccinate the idiots running the country and the hi-so's than the plebs.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

This time last year, the Thai bashers were decrying the low infection numbers here as fake news because Thailand wasn't proactively testing like Korea and Taiwan.

This year, the Thai bashers are decrying the ramped-up testing of the population here as it's going to make things look worse.

Please supply a link showing that random testing has been ramped up above the usual 15,000 per day. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nismooo said:

I would rather be under totalitarian control right now. Vietnam is a very good example. Barely 3000 cases, people live pretty much normal lives over there, no lockdowns, no wierdo “its just a flu” people...

However you deniers that living in so called “free countries” are facing lockdowns, mandatory mask wearing, restrictions etc.

Why is that?

Because of people that will whine and complain about a 2 week lockdown or because of a alco ban.  Or because of wanting to feel they have enough “freedom” not to wear a mask in public... 

These are the reason why your governments are FORCED to “control” you. 

While in countries with REAL control, people can live more freely these days.

I hope this was not too complicated to understand. 

Yep, it is a real contradiction: the more control the government takes in the initial stages of the epidemic, the more freedom people have later on. 

The anti-lockdown types will never understand this. Their response will be "China, Vietnam blah, blah, freedums, etc." 

3 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

I don't think anyone outside the government has any idea how bad this is going to be. It may spike up or flatline. We don't have the testing data to know. 

It would be easy and useful for government to say: "We conducted X random tests and found Y positive results, here is the breakdown for the provinces". Then, people would know what to expect. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Yep, it is a real contradiction: the more control the government takes in the initial stages of the epidemic, the more freedom people have later on. 

The anti-lockdown types will never understand this. Their response will be "China, Vietnam blah, blah, freedums, etc." 

Its funny how anti-lockdown people dont even have enough braincells to understand that it is their anti-lockdown attitude/behavior that causes lockdowns in the first place. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/23/2021 at 1:09 PM, Excel said:

Complete buffoons.  Far too late now. Instead of spending the last year enlarging the trough they should have spent the money on increasing medical facilities. Still I guess it is a bit difficult salting away ICUs in offshore accounts.

Not so sure about that ....

That Mr. Taweesin is great in describing catastrophic scenarios, 

however -

with validated numbers and statistics he seems to have a problem.

Per April 15, there was a documented number of 

47 Covid patients in ICU.

Compared to this number, afaik, the ICU beds available are:

1,218 for Covid in Greater Bangkok area in 105 hospitals

4,955 ICU beds in other provinces

10,184 ventilators are available throughout Thailand.

(Neglecting the fact, that meanwhile a lot of peer-reviewed studies show, intubation should only be the treatment of last resort.

The main reason, why the Chinese intubated so many patients in the first phase ...and later applied by many countries... was:

In the beginning, it was assumed that SARS-CoV2 would be far more contagious- therefore it was ...for them... a logical consequence, 

to stop free breathing and replace that by intubation in order to protect there health personnel.)

Edited by BernieOnTour
  • Like 2

On 4/23/2021 at 6:02 PM, mark131v said:

They have had a year to learn but still managed to be completely wrongfooted, idiots the lot of em...

yes it's weird ! or maybe as most Thai they just trusted themselves too much ? And were thinking that nothing could happen here thanks to Buddha ?

On 4/24/2021 at 8:40 AM, Bkk Brian said:

Amazing, do you really think they are providing ICU care for asymptomatic people? Have you ever questioned your logic on this? I would if I were you.

Just quoting the article my friend. 

32 minutes ago, Guitarzan said:

Just quoting the article my friend. 

You misread the article. Although the article did mention that, in Thailand, all positive cases receive medical care, there is no mention of asymptomatic individuals being admitted to ICU.

On 4/25/2021 at 1:34 PM, Danderman123 said:

You misread the article. Although the article did mention that, in Thailand, all positive cases receive medical care, there is no mention of asymptomatic individuals being admitted to ICU.

How do you treat people who aren’t sick? What the beds for, if you are asymptotic?  

36 minutes ago, Guitarzan said:

How do you treat people who aren’t sick? What the beds for, if you are asymptotic?  

Your first post alleged that asymptomatic individuals were being sent to ICU. That was probably due to misreading the original article.

Now you are asking why asymptomatic individuals are being sent to quarantine facilities in field hospitals. I think that this is not a hard concept to understand.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/24/2021 at 3:43 PM, Danderman123 said:

There are 127,000 Brits who would argue with you, but they are all dead from Covid-19.

127000 included in Govt interpretation of covid deaths. If you test positive for Covid and get run over by a bus within 28 days then officially you have died of covid. Because this distortion of reality could be interpreted as undermining the vaccine (which isn't s vaccine in the true sense) effectiveness, the SAGE advisors are now calling for a review of the way covid deaths are counted. If anyone thinks this sort of cynical behaviour is acceptable then I give up.

24 minutes ago, Doowat said:

127000 included in Govt interpretation of covid deaths. If you test positive for Covid and get run over by a bus within 28 days then officially you have died of covid. Because this distortion of reality could be interpreted as undermining the vaccine (which isn't s vaccine in the true sense) effectiveness, the SAGE advisors are now calling for a review of the way covid deaths are counted. If anyone thinks this sort of cynical behaviour is acceptable then I give up.

Just because your internet friends sent you that propaganda doesn't mean it's true. 

Yes, for the quick reports in the UK, they report as you suggest. And then they take their time on the death certificates to sort everything out. 

And yes, 127,000 Brits died from Covid, not with Covid. 

And the Earth isn't flat, they really did land on the Moon, and George Bush didn't blow up the twin towers.