60+ provinces in Thailand now issuing fines for not wearing face masks

Jonathan Fairfield

On 4/24/2021 at 8:40 AM, steve187 said:

or Chon buri

I live in Chon Buri, can get into Big C, Tesco, Villa Market, 7/11, almost anywhere with out a mask on,  can not get on a bus to BKK, they take my temperature have to sign a book in and out, been like that since the start of Covid 19,   , how is this a money grab, every where I go almost everyone has a mask on, it has been like that for over a year now, anyone not wearing a mask is stupid, the only people I see with out a mask is a few Farangs, maybe they are Trupers ,  I got a few colds each year, have not had a cold since I have been wearing a mask.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 4/24/2021 at 1:27 PM, anchadian said:

And how many of those provinces will people adhere to these rules?

I wonder if people would wear motorcycle helmets if the fine was 20kBhat. How much lunch money will the cops get from enforcement of the mask rule, upon those who look like they can afford to pay a fine. 

Maybe the poor will get a discount down to as low as 100bhat for instant payment. 

On 4/24/2021 at 8:27 AM, anchadian said:

And how many of those provinces will people adhere to these rules?

Where I live, everyone wears a mask, even long before it became mandatory. Even at my work everyone wears a mask, even when they sit alone at their own desk or private office room.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 4/24/2021 at 9:13 AM, Phuketshrew said:

Whilst I agree that everyone should "mask up" I can't help thinking that they have turned this into another nice little money spinner ....

Yes agree money from fines "should go" to combating the virus,

With such a large fine, the order ought to be more refined: e.g. 

When eating/drinking can it be removed completely, or only dropped at each mouthful;

Perhaps children under two should be exempted;

(Posted earlier:) What constitutes correct wearing;

3 hours ago, law ling said:

With such a large fine, the order ought to be more refined: e.g. 

When eating/drinking can it be removed completely, or only dropped at each mouthful;

Perhaps children under two should be exempted;

(Posted earlier:) What constitutes correct wearing;

The more well defined the law, the smaller the opportunity to bring in revenue.

It's only fair that the RTP are given a chance to make up for lost opportunities due to closures and curfews etc.

22 hours ago, redwood1 said:

I am sorry to hear this....It sounds like you work with people who have some unreasonable fear issues....

Fear from Covid maybe? Anyway these are measures enforced by the company. We have spread out departments over physically separated offices, for example an operations department will be spread out over 5 different offices, each office with a different color code. If a person in that color code gets tested positive, everyone in that color code is quarantined, that way, there will still be people in the department able to work who have another color code. We have changed from finger scan check-in to face recognition check-in. Temp check at arrival in the morning and mandatory hand sanitizing. No physical meetings, all meetings over Zoom, even when office is just next door. We are not allowed to physically visit another color code area without special (difficult) permission from safety department. Nobody from outside allowed in. This is our routine since March 2020.

On 4/24/2021 at 11:38 AM, BritManToo said:

In a car your windows is the face mask.

yes, I like to wear my windshield when walking down the street or in the aisle at Big C... it gets a bit heavy, people nearby get angry when I knock into them... I think I need a lighter weight windshield for my car... 

On 4/24/2021 at 8:40 AM, steve187 said:

or Chon buri

You would have to be more specific, Chonburi is a big area. Everywhere I go cannot be entered without a mask and it's been that way since day one. Even at the food court in JJ market I see people eating their food with the mask just below the bottom lip.

I was waiting Thai authorities tell us how they protect us. With vaccines, with medical facilities, care about elderies, with smart country management.

Instead, they only terrify people with fines, bans, blocks, raids, imprisonment and detainment in 'field hospitals'. What else will come in their sick minds tomorrow?? Every 'small boss' now terrifies the population of his village - what an absurd fashion...

• Like 2

On 4/24/2021 at 11:27 AM, Dmaxdan said:

This concerns me too. Wearing a mask can cause my glasses to steam up. Not great when you're trying to see were you are going! I always have a mask to hand just in case I have to stop at a police road block.

yes same here glasses fog up  .. dangerous when driving  or even walking .. what is the score about excercise i read an article from a medical point that in no way or form should you wear a  mask whilst running ect 

8 minutes ago, Harveyboy said:

yes same here glasses fog up  .. dangerous when driving  or even walking .. what is the score about excercise i read an article from a medical point that in no way or form should you wear a  mask whilst running ect 

Your mask doesn't fit then. There are scads of youtube videos on how to avoid the fog.

Harder to deal with are men with large beards!

52 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Even I'm not that cynical.

Yeah I guess not I'm not usually but me and my Mrs are so annoyed, Sukhothai had 2 cases contained since the pandemic, then the 2nd Songkran allowed visits from Bkk after an outbreak there and now there's 78 cases in our local hospital and 3 known cases so far in our village. 

On 4/24/2021 at 9:33 AM, smedly said:

the need for wearing a mask outside is negligible unless you mixing very closely with masses of people or in a crowded place

this is very obviously a money grab

I agree that it is a money grab, although I think that is actually a convenient and happy (for them) secondary issue. I believe the primary reason is a combination of hysterical over-reaction to perceived (whether real or believed or even already proven to be a false narrative or not) danger combined with posturing to show that they really care and are doing their best to convince people to let them stay in power, all the while exercising their totalitarian control (and increasing it day by day) over the people who should know better and see through the charade, but are easily convinced by such face-saving actions, albeit scientifically dubious to say the least, and actually end up being happy that they have such tyrants in control over their lives.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Amdesign said:

I was waiting Thai authorities tell us how they protect us. With vaccines, with medical facilities, care about elderies, with smart country management.

Instead, they only terrify people with fines, bans, blocks, raids, imprisonment and detainment in 'field hospitals'. What else will come in their sick minds tomorrow?? Every 'small boss' now terrifies the population of his village - what an absurd fashion...

Those expectations you were waiting on were a pretty tall order for this place! I can't imagine that you seriously expected those things... or even were "waiting". That would be one hell of a long wait! But yeah, we are in total agreement on the part about "sick minds". Not all that different from what I'd expect from a place like North Korea. Hmmm other similarities come to mind like how there are certain pictures, statues, and other trinkets with the image of certain beloved and cherished ones all around the countryside, in homes, businesses and everywhere else you can think of, even tattooed permanently right into some people's own skin! And many more similarities if one pays attention....