60+ provinces in Thailand now issuing fines for not wearing face masks

Jonathan Fairfield

Were I live I would say that 99% of the people ware their masks most all the time while in the stores or markets. We do have, like in most all of Thailand, inconsiderate people that don't think rules or law apply to them so target them. Who will enforce this rule at the stores and markets?

On 4/24/2021 at 5:17 AM, HOAX said:

When they say "when you leave home", does that mean you have to wear a mask in your car too?

i have been informed its ok not to have one if driving alone but if more than one person in  the car masks must be worn

6 minutes ago, Dene16 said:

i have been informed its ok not to have one if driving alone but if more than one person in  the car masks must be worn

I read that yesterday somewhere, but if I'm not mistaken it's only in Bangkok.

53 minutes ago, Kenneth White said:

Were I live I would say that 99% of the people ware their masks most all the time while in the stores or markets. We do have, like in most all of Thailand, inconsiderate people that don't think rules or law apply to them so target them. Who will enforce this rule at the stores and markets?

this was very much the same in the UK except it was more like 90% wearing a mask with stores refusing to enforce it. Not until the the second lockdown did the government force the stores to enforce it or face fines themselves. Still you had people just claiming they had an exception from the doctor, from the type of people i mainly saw claiming this (likely unemployed wasters from their appearance) just didn't care as their finances weren't affected 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, HOAX said:

I read that yesterday somewhere, but if I'm not mistaken it's only in Bangkok

All i can say is that is what my partner told me and she is in Surin. Unfortunately i'm stuck in the UK at the moment looking to be back in October one way or the other.

1 minute ago, Dene16 said:

All i can say is that is what my partner told me and she is in Surin. Unfortunately i'm stuck in the UK at the moment looking to be back in October one way or the other.

Glad to see things looking a lot brighter in the UK. I looked yesterday and wow just a couple of thousand cases. What a difference from last time I looked. If that continues you will most likely be able to come months before that. Didn't the Thai gov't say no quarantine from July 1 if you've been vaccinated?

2 minutes ago, HOAX said:

What a difference from last time I looked. If that continues you will most likely be able to come months before that.

All people over the age of 50 now had one jab everyone over 40 by the end of next month i'm 58 and get my second in one month about 15% of the country already had second jab. i would of come earlier but daughter is having a baby in September and wants me here. Haven't seen my son in Thailand for 18 months so stuck in the middle really. Extension is now expired obviously so will have to get a new one on my return. I intend to get a non-o retirement visa rather than OA this time while in Thailand as it will be a lot simpler. I could of come back sooner albeit with all the hassle it would of been, Also have an aging parent who thought that because she wore a mask was invincible.Being her only sibling,  worried she would catch it and i would then be stuck in Thailand. Anyway at least it looks like there is light at the end of the tunnel

18 hours ago, gunderhill said:
On 4/25/2021 at 12:46 PM, MaxYakov said:

I haven't had even a cold since 2016

Confounded by that evidence, I havent had a  cold since I went to Hong Kong in 2010, I've never worn a mask.

And...?  P.S.: Ref. HERE for my entire comment.