Ubon: Drunk foreigner, 66, spits at passersby outside his ex-wife's house - makes national news

Jonathan Fairfield

12 minutes ago, SantiSuk said:

My fellow falang

DO NOT JUDGE THIS GUY TOO QUICKLY OR HARSHLY

I don't know him personally but someone I know does and he authorised me to pass on the message that he is bipolar and this has more to do with bad mental health condition and addiction than anything else. He is under treatment.

There, for but the grace of God,  .... etc!

Not trying to be a jerk but he needs sent back to wherever he's from. 

Thailand does not have great mental health programs here and it's highly unlikely that he's going to get the level of treatment he needs which will lead to further incidents. 

I've seen a few other reports in the news about farangs who are bipolar or have similar mental health issues who have also found themselves ranting and raving in public places, causing a public disturbance and it doesn't seem like things end well for them. 

Whoever your friend is, tell them to get him back on a plane and send him back home where he can seek the kind of treatment he needs. 

This isn't a judgement.  It's simply the reality of the situation.  The chances are slim of him getting better here.

6 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No one has any way of knowing why he came here, least of all you but even if he did come to Thailand under those circumstances, so what?  What's that got to do with anything?    How does his weight, age and hair loss, afflictions that every one of us has to put up with at some stage, including you, come into it?

By the way, why did you come here and have you never sampled, not once in any manner, what you're asserting he was doing?

Only young, fit, full head of hair farangs allowed.  We have to put our best foot forward with the Thai people and having expats that don't look like Instagram models living here drags us all down ????

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Poet said:

I was thinking more of his catastrophic inability to manage Thai women.

If he had been able to summon up just enough charm to keep one of them onboard, his odd behaviour would be safely confined to a well-kept home, not relegated to the street and national news notoriety.

Maybe not a matter of charm but rather the boozing cutting into the ox feeding fund.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Excel said:

Can not condone this idiot but given the proclivity to Thais spitting anywhere and everywhere I guess this only made the xenophobic Thai news headlines because it was a foreign person.

He was spitting at people, not on the ground.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No one has any way of knowing why he came here, least of all you but even if he did come to Thailand under those circumstances, so what?  What's that got to do with anything?   

Well, since you ask, sex tourists are less likely to be upstanding, highly respected people and more likely to be social misfits with mental issues and display anti social behaviour such as spitting on people.

By the way, why did you come here

For holidays with family and friends like most normal people.

and have you never sampled, not once in any manner, what you're asserting he was doing?

Married an Issan bargirl?

1 hour ago, RobMuir said:

Well, since you ask, sex tourists are less likely to be upstanding, highly respected people and more likely to be social misfits with mental issues and display anti social behaviour such as spitting on people.

For holidays with family and friends like most normal people.

Married an Issan bargirl?

Well, since you ask, sex tourists are less likely to be upstanding, highly respected people and more likely to be social misfits with mental issues and display anti social behaviour such as spitting on people.

So this is the category you are in yourself since you married an issan bargirl ?? Social misfit with mental issues and displaying anti social behaviour such as spitting on people ?? If you try to make yourself sound like the other category you shouldn't have said you married a bargirl . 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BritManToo said:

If he had been Thai there would be a lot of dead women.

I really don't understand white folk that want to accept shared responsibility for all members of their race.

I have nothing in common with most white people, often not even my language

That does not surprise me.

8 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

Im still trying to crack the code on the ability to manage thai women---aka an enigma wrapped in a riddle..thrown into the matrix....

Quote from Al Bundy (talking to his son Bud) "Don't try to understand women, only women understand women and they hate each other"

• Thanks 1