Thailand has utterly failed in vaccine rollout, says leading doctor

Jonathan Fairfield

Thailand's vaccine rollout is a total joke.  Furthermore, tourism will not be returning to normal, as I stated, until 2022 (was 2021 but with basically zero vaccines coming in it's changed).  And that's the earliest.  Their health care system will be at risk long after many countries are finished with it, and they will be locked down and afraid.

We are in the grips of a horrific third wave but in 2-3 months our lockdowns are supposed to end.  The vaccines are here!  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Thailand was at the back of the queue for vaccine, said the doctor pulling no punches in a scathing attack.

"Scathing attack?"  More like a realistic critique.

10 hours ago, Mango Bob said:

For once someone is telling the truth here.  The government and it leaders failed the people. 

The can't provide vaccines and then allow people from Covid Red-zones to travel unimpeded across all of Thailand during Songkran which it turn creates a national epidemic. 
I hope the populations wakes up.

7 hours ago, ukrules said:

In the end I guess it doesn't matter. Most people will be vaccinated by next year some time and this will all be over.

This will never "be over."  I'll bookmark this a come back to it in a year.  ????

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Mango Bob said:

For once someone is telling the truth here.  The government and it leaders failed the people.  You don't have the vaccine so you are having more deaths.  Someone should be charged with murder.  Get the vaccine here now and give jabs to everyone not only the Thai people but the foreigners who live here.  Nothing is said about them.  But they can die also,  But you do not seem to care.  This is first degree murder.

The governments have failed the Thai people for a long time considering 77 (?) people die every day on the roads.

1 hour ago, Emdog said:

Be nice if those A-holes thought maybe they are there to serve and protect Americans

The US Embassies have other interests in the realm of American foreign policy power projection.  US citizens abroad are an after-thought at best. 

5 hours ago, Tofer said:

Really! The last I heard was that that the WHO and the EMA had endorsed the use of Astra Zeneca vaccines.

As I understand it, blood clots are a general medical occurrence, and vaccines cannot be directly associated with the incidences.

I wouldn't believe a word that comes out of the EU, in respect to anything related to this vaccine, considering their dispute with that company and their vindictive attitude towards the UK. It's odd though, how they champion the Pfizer vaccine that also has incidents of blood clots, don't you think?

EMA has approved Astrazeneca but listed blood clots as a confirmed 'rare' side effects .

https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/news/astrazenecas-covid-19-vaccine-ema-finds-possible-link-very-rare-cases-unusual-blood-clots-low-blood

How about Australia then if you don't trust EU?

https://7news.com.au/travel/coronavirus/three-new-cases-of-blood-clots-linked-to-astra-zeneca-vaccine-confirmed-c-2670185

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

I think there is more to waiting for this company to produce the vaccine than just bragging. Just wait for the headlines once it starts. 

Count on that!  Thing is, he that may not be mentioned will .... not be mentioned.  I believe the upshot is that they have serious plant scale up problems with the AZ vaccine as AZ themselves have had.  June is optimistic for AZ vaccine.

6 hours ago, EricTh said:

I doubt they will be pushing Astrazeneca as their main vaccine from now on seeing as how the blood clot has been confirmed as one of the side effects by EU authorities.

Just living in Thailand gives a much higher chance of death than the 1 in a million blood clot. 

My wife works in the nursing profession and seh tells me the sinovac does have a number of undesirable side effects, as a number of her colleagues got it. So far, she has declined to get vaccinated herself. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

Interesting table here showing number and rates of shots in various countries.  It also shows the number of days since vaccinations started.  Sort by doses per 100 ascending and you can see the countries lagging behind. 

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2021/health/global-covid-vaccinations/

Udated April 24 but not up to date !

• Confused 1

It's not just Thailand that's having problems with the vaccine rollout:

https://theconversation.com/4-ways-australias-covid-vaccine-rollout-has-been-bungled-158225

4 ways Australia’s COVID vaccine rollout has been bungled

Australia’s vaccine rollout has so far been overhyped and under-delivered.

The first announcement, in August last year — that Australia had negotiated vaccine deals — set the tone for the rollout of “announceables”. Within hours, this initial announcement unravelled as it became clear it wasn’t a “deal”, but in fact a letter of intent.

The federal government has made vaccine announcements thick and fast since then, with every minor milestone celebrated with media hype. It was only when vaccine announcements had to become actual vaccinations that the public became aware of the chasm between the rhetoric and the reality.

4 minutes ago, cmarshall said:

From where could the Thai government source an adequate supply of the vaccine?

It's a problem most countries are having.  Trying to secure vaccines.  Only a few have managed to do so successfully.  And some of those where the ones who failed miserably in the beginning (UK, US, etc).

9 hours ago, chilli42 said:

Count on that!  Thing is, he that may not be mentioned will .... not be mentioned.  I believe the upshot is that they have serious plant scale up problems with the AZ vaccine as AZ themselves have had.  June is optimistic for AZ vaccine.

Similar problem that the Russians have. Their labs are good & their vaccine is supposed to be good, but they don't have the industrial capacity to produce in large numbers. Result: Russia is importing vaccines from abroad ...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DavisH said:

Just living in Thailand gives a much higher chance of death than the 1 in a million blood clot. 

My wife works in the nursing profession and seh tells me the sinovac does have a number of undesirable side effects, as a number of her colleagues got it. So far, she has declined to get vaccinated herself. 

I only believe in official reports with links and not what certain forumers say of any vaccine whether it is Russian,  British, US, Chinese, German.

Temporary minor side effects (numbness, slight pain, muscle weakness) are common in all vaccines but not serious side effects like deaths or permanent organ damage.

Just being objective here.

Edited by EricTh