23 members of one extended family have Covid from Sonkgran event

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL25zLzAvdWQvMTY3NC84MzcwNTQyL2NvdmlkLmpwZw==.jpeg

Image: Sanook

Sanook quoted Dr Jaratpong Sukkree of the Nakhon Sri Thammarat department of public health as saying that a further three family members of a 32 person extended family had tested positive for Covid-19.

Now 23 people in the family were positive. The other nine are being monitored.

It came after one of them attended a Songkran cultural water pouring event. 

The province now has 138 infections.

The youngest is a four month old baby in Chang Klang district who caught it from a family member who went to Samut Sakhon. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Travel and travel alone has caused this spread.  I hope and pray that this family heals and not one death occurs.  They may blame themselves, but in reality a lack of common sense by the Government is to blame as they should have stopped the travel knowing full well what could be the biggest catalyst for spread.  Was it intentional on their part, well I hate to say one way or another.

Yes you could say the government should have canceled Songkran and been more proactive, they indeed were the catalyst for this latest outbreak and should face the consequences of their in-actions.

But then again the ultimate protection is self protection, as a farang expat the government is doing diddly-squat for me, so I must protect myself, whether I go to a temple or go to a market etc.

This extended family brought this demise onto themselves, and must face the consequences of their own actions.

• Like 1