Anyone else following Perseverance and ingenuity

gunderhill

On 4/24/2021 at 4:59 PM, lazygourmet said:

"Perseverance and Ingenuity"

That sounds like the title of a motivational book about living in Thailand.

..it should be a motto embroidered on our blazer pockets.

On 4/24/2021 at 3:53 PM, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Seeing a helicopter flying around on Mars  is fun. What would be cool is if they find some ancient microbes somewhere. 

Yep, the rotor has to reach 2400 rpm to lift due the thinner atmosphere, about 5 times faster than on Earth. NASA is also planning a similar mission to a Saturn moon, Titan, called Dragonfly, launching in 2027. Titan has a denser atmosphere so rotor rpm will be less but it is much colder than Mars and it rains methane. ????

• Like 1

Pretty fascinating to follow, in terms of space travel and exploration, these are exciting times! I can hardly wait to see some of the photographs from the James Webb telescope, once it is launched & arrives at its orbit to start exploring the universe! 

6 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

I'm fascinated by it all.

Incredible engineering and a tribute to the human spirit to explore.

Apart from Perseverance which in itself is an incredible piece of technology, not withstanding the incredible delivery vehicle which is almost mind blowing.

The two pieces of demonstration technology, Ingenuity the ability to fly on an alien world, and MOXIE, the ability to convert CO2 to O2 on Mars are the pieces of technology that fascinate me most

Saw the newly released video on a science forum with Perseverance recording Ingenuity flight across the Martian Land. Ha, I thought amusingly that now it's the Martian turn to file a UFO report.

Cartoons: NASA Perseverance rover sends video from Mars landing

• 2 weeks later...