Korat 90 day affair

Toolong

Fellow Korat 90-dayers out there.....

I Live in Pakchong (opposite Farm Chokchai) which as you probably know is close to Saraburi province and a good 1 hour, 20 min or so hot drive from Korat city area near where the immigration office is.

The drive and the approx 700baht gas money every 90 days isn't the end of the world I know...but it is still a pain to have to do. (And Korat Imm isn't a happy place!)

My query is what else might be an option. As far as I know, the online method can work for some but I believe unlikely to work in my case as my departure card thing is ancient (dated 2010)....and I don't have the pink ID thing (?) that others seem to have. I'm not certain I could NOT do it online and tbh have not yet even tried it.....but I am just doubtful it will work.

Any advice or opinions would be welcome. 

• Haha 1

I have a older entry than you and a new passport and was able to a online 90 day report last October. It changed earlier last year than that from posts I have seen. Try it online here. 

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

You also have the option to do them by mail to Korat immigration.

• Like 2

Thanks ubonjoe..

I will give it a go online.

Sadly, I really don't think you can actually do it by mail in Korat. Big sign outside the office up there saying you can't, in plain English.

Which is a real drag, because I used to mail it in Bangkok to CW every time, costing me 35 baht in stamps!

Now in Korat it's 3hr+ roundtrip and 700 baht....for a new slip that takes 2 minutes. 

But anyway, I will try online. Thanks.

• Haha 1

I got my 90 days registration via post back from Korat immigration just the other day. Sent from Pakchong via EMS providing tracking and receipt. Got it back three days later. If you don't succeed with the website do it via post.

Touch....

Wow! Really? I believe you, but am confused why they (korat imm.) put that sign up saying you can't post.

But anyway, thanks for that.

Did you complete the form & submit copies + stamp addessed envelope?

????

1 hour ago, touch said:

I got my 90 days registration via post back from Korat immigration just the other day. Sent from Pakchong via EMS providing tracking and receipt. Got it back three days later. If you don't succeed with the website do it via post.

Thanks a lot for that message, Touch. I appreciate it. ????

Typical of me....I appear to have concluded wrongly that it wasn't possible to do it by post to Korat imm. 

Very pleased to learn that it can be done.

Quick query if I may: so you send a completed TM47, copies of required stuff + a stamp addressed envelope?

Cheers!

17 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I have a older entry than you and a new passport and was able to a online 90 day report last October. It changed earlier last year than that from posts I have seen. Try it online here. 

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

You also have the option to do them by mail to Korat immigration.

I owe you an apology, ubonjoe. It CAN be done by mail! ☺

8 minutes ago, Toolong said:

Quick query if I may: so you send a completed TM47, copies of required stuff + a stamp addressed envelope?

A list of what is required for mailed in reports is here.

https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?page_id=1666

But mail it Korat immigration not Bangkok. You can also ignore the mail it 15 days before. If it is received by 6 days before the report date it will be processed by immigration.

. I only included copies of the info page, my latest stamp page and the departure card together with a the last 90 days reg (Keep a copy). Also a self adressed envelope with 40 baht stamps on it and EMS written in large letters.

Since Korat Imm have implemented their new automated telephone system it is practically impossible to call to them and get someone to pick up.

On 4/25/2021 at 11:14 AM, ubonjoe said:

A list of what is required for mailed in reports is here.

https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?page_id=1666

But mail it Korat immigration not Bangkok. You can also ignore the mail it 15 days before. If it is received by 6 days before the report date it will be processed by immigration.

Excellent! Thanks a lot, ubonjoe, that's gonna be helpful. ☺????????????

2 hours ago, touch said:

. I only included copies of the info page, my latest stamp page and the departure card together with a the last 90 days reg (Keep a copy). Also a self adressed envelope with 40 baht stamps on it and EMS written in large letters.

Since Korat Imm have implemented their new automated telephone system it is practically impossible to call to them and get someone to pick up.

Thanks so much for the reply. This is a great benefit to me if I can avoid having to go up to Korat Imm. every 90 days! (Just to attend to something that takes 2 minutes! It's a long way from Pakchong!)

Interesting that you don't have to fill out the form. (That you have to do in Bkk.)

I have taken note of what you say I should copy & include in the mail. ????

Very useful indeed and I appreciate your help, Touch, thanks. ????

PS...know what you mean about the automated phones and the difficulty of contacting. So much for progress!

5 minutes ago, touch said:

hi Sorry I forgot to mention that of course you have to include the filled in TM 47. My bad

Ok, thanks for confirming that, Touch! I'll be sure to include one. ????

(By the way....you said you got it back in 3 days? That is truly amazing! Good to hear.)