How to pay property tax bill; is it possible to pay at 7-11?

Jingthing

Well I got my first property tax bill ever in Pattaya. 

It's all in Thai.

I think the total is absurdly low like 40 baht. But still need to pay it as I'm sure there are late fines.

I have heard some condos are paying for owners and then billing the owners. 

Mine isn't. 

My condo office said I could pay at 7-11.

Is that really true?

Edited by Jonathan Fairfield
Fixed typo in title
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Excellent response, if one uses K-Bank. 

You can pay it with KTB (Krungthai) Online banking. And I guess you can pay it with any other online banking system as well.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, HampiK said:

You can pay it with KTB (Krungthai) Online banking. And I guess you can pay it with any other online banking system as well.

I saw on my KTB phone app paying my electric bill (Provincial), but couldn't find it on my Bangkok Bank one.

Tax exemptions

Tax exemptions are provided in the following cases:

• Land and buildings owned by individuals that are used for agricultural purposes shall be exempt from tax until 2022, after which a tax exempt threshold of Baht 50 million shall apply.
  • A tax exempt threshold of Baht 50 million shall apply to land and buildings owned by individuals that are used as their place of residence, if their names appear in the house registration book on 1 January of the tax year
  • A tax exempt threshold of Baht 10 million shall apply to buildings owned by individuals, where they are not the land owner, that are used as their place of residence, if their names appear in the house registration book on 1 January of the tax year. By definition this would include a condominium unit.

Aren't you covered by the third exemption which covers a condo unit?

•  

7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I haven't tried this yet. Have you actually paid this bill at 7 11? Did you need ID?

What's property tax?  lol. Never paid any in 9 years on my big house near Phitsanulok..

Edited by KannikaP

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

So why did you say you could pay this at 7 11 when you actually don't know?

Not so cool beans.

Because my initial reply was to your original post headline where you said can I pay my PROPERLY tax at 7-11. Sorry to be like I am!   LOL

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2021 at 5:09 PM, skatewash said:

Aren't you covered by the third exemption which covers a condo unit?

•  

Farangs that own condo units do not have their name on the house registration (blue) book. It's only for Thais.

But would they accept the Yellow (Farang) Book?

10 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Farangs that own condo units do not have their name on the house registration (blue) book. It's only for Thais.

But would they accept the Yellow (Farang) Book?

Interesting question.  I don't know how you prove you're eligible for the exemption.  I paid this year's tax, a very small amount under 100 baht, before I realized that I should have pursued the exemption as it is my only home.  The yellow book proves you are registered as living there, but doesn't really prove that it is your only residence.  The chanote (land and property title) proves you own the unit, but it doesn't really prove you don't own other homes as well.   I guess I'll find out next year when I will try getting the exemption.

On 4/24/2021 at 9:02 PM, onebir said:

Now I'm wondering what can't be done at 7/11...

On 4/25/2021 at 8:13 AM, Orinoco said:

90 day report

Lol - TV did an April Fools post a few years ago where the story was that effective (whenever), we would be able to do 90 Reports at 7-11.

It was hilarious ! So many people bit on it before looking at the date and remembering it was April Fools.

Paying such bills (property tax, water bill, etc) is so much more convenient than having to go all the way to City Hall to do it, or setting up a new "Third Party Payee" and going through the OTOPs (to set it up and again for the payment) - especially for something you may only need to do once (or once per year).

I guess that's why 7-11s (and the like) are called "convenience stores" after all !

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

I guess that's why 7-11s (and the like) are called "convenience stores" after all !

And I thought it was because they were there at the convenience of the stray dogs sleeping in front of the entrances.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Update on this. 

To make a long story short I haven't managed to pay this bill.

Can't pay it at 7-11.

My Bangkok Bank online was offline but just got it fixed.

Scanned the bill. TOO LATE!

Under 50 baht and now it's a problem. 

So obviously the only way to pay it now would be in person at City Hall.

But I've heard that's a major pain, you need all kinds of paperwork, everything's in Thai, and it will likely be a place of infection risk.

So I don't want to do that!

Not that anyone will know this, but what if I just wait until next year for a new bill?

Do you think it will show all previous charges including late fees or ONLY the current new bill?

Or maybe in a case like this they won't send anything. 

Edited by Jingthing

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

But I've heard that's a major pain, you need all kinds of paperwork, everything's in Thai, and it will likely be a place of infection risk.

I was in and out in about 10 minutes earlier this year once they had found an English speaker to deal with me - it really was very painless. Plastic screens between you and the clerks dealing with it. 

My situation was different to yours so not sure what you mean by all kinds of paperwork? 

My understanding from the previous long threads on this and a friends experience was that Yellow book gets you the exemption.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, topt said:

I was in and out in about 10 minutes earlier this year once they had found an English speaker to deal with me - it really was very painless. Plastic screens between you and the clerks dealing with it. 

My situation was different to yours so not sure what you mean by all kinds of paperwork? 

My understanding from the previous long threads on this and a friends experience was that Yellow book gets you the exemption.

Yes. Different.