The year long Phony War is over - unless you’re a pandemic denier

rooster59

2 hours ago, gunderhill said:

The crime is  this, wanting to make it a  crime. The  slippery slope  to totalitarian rule, no thanks.

The big problem is that you can say or do anything on the internet and be anonymous.  It is not only here in Thailand.  As stated you can not silence people but it might be interesting that the internet removed the nick name and everyone was given access to the internet and able to publish and go on chat or Facebook but can only use their real name and picture as well as the real city they live in.

The defamation laws in this country are probably the most stringent.  Could you imagine what it would be like in the states if they had the law that you can not slander anyone,  Man talk about a buoy court system and a lot of rich happy Facebook chasers (lawyers).

There is an advantage to that in that it might end a lot of the bullying false <deleted> said about people.

Well my rant is done. 

A ROOSTER IN A BOOT

As to the wife forgetting you in the boot.  Roster you might be right but I am sure the kids would remember after all who would pay for their favorite meals and toys.

16 minutes ago, robblok said:

Go visit some people who have covid and your wish might be granted. You might also reach a better understanding but it could be to late then. 

I doubt the government will let you visit them. 

I know in the US people were not allowed to visit their loved ones.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

You can't control, what you can't control.

Misinformation has been around for centuries, don't tell me you just found out now, the latest one I can recall is when that short a$$ president in 2003 said, Saddam had weapons of mass destruction and invaded Iraq, killing around 400,000 people, but then again, some would say he deserved it, deflecting from the misrepresentation ?

You can't control it that is true. But just like with Sadam these people are responsible for the death of others.

Realistically i doubt that anything can be done. All we can do is make fun of them on the forum. That is about it.

• Haha 1

I am okay with all your comments and observations and understand not thinking it a wise move to enter the boot of your car on entry to a Thai National Park.

The need to seal the Thai land borders is absolute - tourism can wait until all in country have been vaccinated at least twice.

Covid and the like are here to stay globally. Best to get used to it.

• Sad 2

I laugh at most of the conspiracy theories.

It irritates me when people lump other together without understanding their differences.

But this makes me cry.  Ideas like these will bring the death to humanity far easier than any disease.

2 hours ago, robblok said:

I agree that there should be freedom of speech but is that the same as freedom to lie ?

Especially if those lies put others in danger.

Its a slippery slope but those "village idiots" eh i mean covid deniers are influencing other people and making people break the rules thus endangering others.

Like Rooster said, there are still people denying the holocaust, we all know that it happend why should they be allowed to lie about it. That is not freedom of speech or a different opinion. That is a lie. Same goes for many covid deniers. Sure you can have some remarks about the finer points and efficiancy but that is it.

Also those anti vaxers were talking about how many people would die.. i believe close to or over 1 billion vaccinated already. Where are all the people that are dropping dead.. or growing a third arm (you know it messes with your DNA is one of those claims).

Sure there have been deaths, but that happens with all medicine. As long as the cure is not much more lethal then the disease its a moot point. But it has to be said the number of deaths because of vaccination are miniscule compared to the number of vaccinations. Now compare that to covid deaths.

Its time that antivaxers and covid deniers are called what they are the fruitcakes (and that is naming it nicely)

Hopping from one theory to an other each time forgetting that their previous theories have been debunked. Never looking back at their track record and thinking that they might be wrong. People should look down onto these strange people.

I am still amazed because some of those people are actually not stupid, some are even smart. Then again religious people are the same so i should not be so surprised. Some people just can't accept logic and the truth if it does not conform to their opinion.

Everyone hates this virus and wants it to be over, the efforts of anti vaxers and covid deniers are making this harder.

Maybe those caught doing it should be made to work at a hospital among covid patients. Then they can explain to those patients how they are not sick and that they are not dying from the disease but from their other health conditions. I am sure that would be a fun conversation.

This post should be banned. He LIED in it. ???????????? Are you serious? You're gonna punish "liars"... well that slope ain't well greased at all... ????

• Like 1