New BMA Order of Temporary Closure of Premises No. 24

samtam

7 hours ago, samtam said:

I guess you're being facetious....notice No. 24, issued 25 April.

Announcement of the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA)

Subject: Order of Temporary Closure of Premises (No. 24) dated 25 April

http://www.bangkok.go.th/main/page.php?&140-News&type=detail&id=782

BMA announcement 24 (1).pdfUnavailable

Thank you for the clarification. It is interesting how the the lack of a pair of parenthesis made me read your topic title and OP with an entirely different meaning, even after having read it several times.

With the new information, I gather that the new BMA order dated 25 April has the number 25 and in its prologue refers to an earlier an earlier BMA order No. 24 dated 17 April.

It is commendable that the BMA published an English translation of the order No. 25; a very good translation, it seems.

I thank you for having posted links to both the Thai original and the English translation.

Oh, I am sorry for my sloppy subject title and lack of parentheses, and the confusion it caused. My inability to read Thai also meant I believed it to be Order No. 24, based on incorrect information that came from my condo office. However, after I rang the BMA they posted the Order No. 25 dated 25 April in English, and I hope it proves of value to you and other readers of Thai Visa. Although it is well written, the use of certain words causes the usual "open to interpretation" by condo boards. 

For example:

1. Premises shall be temporarily closed:

...inter alia

1.15 Public swimming pools or other similar businesses

("other similar businesses" implies the public swimming pool is a business.)

1.35 All types of indoor or outdoor sports venues, golf courses and driving ranges, and swimming pools for sports [,] or marine activity in ponds, except the use for organising activities as follows:

(1) Used as isolated place under laws on communicable diseases, or used for assistance and support;

(swimming pools if "used as [or in] [an] isolated place" implies if used alone or with few others, following guidelines.)

Anyway, that's my interpretation of the rule relating to our condo pool. The majority of my board, including myself, agree; we have taken the view it is not something that can be forced either way, especially in relation to the important Thais who live here. The Rule of VIP applies, as in all matters.