Large group of foreigners arrested at party in Pattaya for violating COVID-19 rules

webfact

37 minutes ago, smedly said:

going strictly by the rules that is exactly what should happen

people are being arrested for knowingly mixing with the public after being in close contact with people who have been infected or in a location were where the virus has been present - that is exactly what the police are doing in Pattaya  

Here is a hospital complaining about this very thing, the chronology of Pattaya police means they have been in contact or in a premises where virus has spread and are now mixing with the public - the fact they know about it makes it worse

quote -

A provincial public health doctor in Nakhon Si Thammarat, Dr.Charaspong Sukkree, reiterated the importance of disclosing accurate chronologies, as refusal to do so could result in legal action being taken

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

What law ??

Is there a decibel limit ?... is there a time after which music outside is considered disturbing the peace ?

And, since when did the police care about anyone having a party in a private house ?

-------------

I have no sympathy for people who are going to have a loud party and disturb neighbours. I certainly have no sympathy for a group of 28 people gathering during an epidemic and serious 3rd wave outbreak. 

BUT....  what laws have been broken ???? All I can read is they were arrested for breaking the laws under emergency decree - what are they???  because the Emergency decree has been in place for over a year, the laws have been modified - So what are those regulations for Chonburi - right now??? where is the list of those regulations ??

People will want to know: IF a family remain in a ‘bubble’ with another family, can they have that family over for a BBQ ??? etc...    is that breaking the law ?

There is of course a law about making noise in Thailand but no, it doesn't have a decibel value to it. It's the same in the country I come from, Sweden, as it is here. There's a law but no decibel limit.

Since you mention decibel limits, I suppose that the country you come from has it. Which country is that?

For the current restrictions in Pattaya, just go to the Chonburi provincial website and follow the links

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:

13 Filipinos, 6 Russians, 3 Thais, 2 French and British, Canadian, Albanian and Cambodian nationals.

Sophon reported the gathering was being held for the birthday of a Filippino English teacher.

Those attending told police they did not believe they were doing anything wrong as the party was a private event. 

I'm going to guess that MOST of these are "teachers."  These "geniuses," who are educating the children of Thailand, believe it's OK if it's a private function.

I can't laugh enough right now......OMG...... OMG....  OK, i'm off to a football game with 50,000 people.  They just labeled it "private," so should be OK!!!!  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I see it as a common theme when a foreigner does something wrong, there is always a poster or posters calling for their deportation

depends what they did doesn't it 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, dabhand said:

This might help.

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/04/17/chonburi-province-releases-provincial-orders-lots-of-additional-covid-19-closures-and-restrictions-implemented-starting-april-18th-2021/

While the limit for 'events' appears to be 50, I guess that this, at a stretch, may fall under the general 'entertainment' ban. Who knows?

I also thought I’d read 50 was the limit on gatherings. 

The update (announced on Friday) for Bangkok is a limit 20 people for a private gatherings of family or friends. 

Thus: IF the legal limit remained at 50, these people have done nothing wrong, perhaps except disturbing the peace, which would be extremely hypocritical, since when do the police deal with anyone disturbing the peace in Thailand...

I’m not suggesting what these people did isn’t wrong or stupid. But, IF they have not broken a law what have they been arrested for ???

The concern here is for the Police to just make things up. Walk on the beach road a face a fine because the beaches are closed and a Policeman though you were ‘going to the beach’ etc....  (I know exaggerated case).

But, if this past year has taught us anything it shows how continued laws DUI, riding helmet less, red light jumping etc have been treated with continued disregard by both the public and BiB alike, yet have a friends round, or forget to wear a mask in a car park and see the response of sanctimonious outrage, especially when foreigners are involved and the area is Pattaya. 

Thus: knowing what laws there are in place is important.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Police said a total of 28 people were in the villas, 11 men and 17 women, including 13 Filipinos, 6 Russians, 3 Thais, 2 French and British, Canadian, Albanian and Cambodian nationals.

Proper United Nations get together.....

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ikke1959 said:

Gatherings for 30 people were allowed IMO. Do they arrest all thai people too if they are in a restaurant  or pub /bar?? Or is it only if there are foreigners involved? 

Well pub/bars are closed and restaurants are not serving alcohol. and would be closed at that time... what these fools did was to make too much noise.

Edited by jacko45k

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Additionally: Why are some foreigner’s so quick to wish for the deportation of other foreigners???

All too often they are putting all foreigners under a spotlight by being scofflaws. It irritates the locals when they read of such events....

That said I feel the locals are to blame for where we are now!

Edited by jacko45k
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

The police were alerted because of loud music and noise......(the neighbours obviously did not have a problem with the party per se)....

The police charged them for having a party ( the noise and the loud music obviously did not bother the police)....????????????

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, SchuetzRob said:

The police were alerted because of loud music and noise......(the neighbours obviously did not have a problem with the party per se)....

The police charged them for having a party ( the noise and the loud music obviously did not bother the police)....????????????

Don't get that, the noise presumably bothered the neighbour and was a component of the party. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

All too often they are putting all foreigners under a spotlight by being scofflaws. It irritates the locals when they read of such events....

That said I feel the locals are to blame for where we are now!

Deflection, a Chinese trait also 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, brucegoniners said:

Excellent! We have 2 of these "party houses" behind our house. The SOB who owns them doesn't give a <deleted> about anyone but himself. We'll be calling the police on them. You can be sure of it.

Sounds like our place.

Sometimes though there are 20 or more men come and they are VERY quiet until 3 or 4 am when they go home. I can only imagine what they are doing.

I've called the police a few times about the noise. Ok they come. The noise goes down for a while, but slowly goes back up again.

6 minutes ago, petedk said:

Sounds like our place.

Sometimes though there are 20 or more men come and they are VERY quiet until 3 or 4 am when they go home. I can only imagine what they are doing.

I've called the police a few times about the noise. Ok they come. The noise goes down for a while, but slowly goes back up again.

They are watching Netflix and Youtube, where farangs write about their Thai experience.

• Haha 2

There is a cut off time for noise. When my neighbors do it out in the back of their house I usually yell something over the fence as in stating the time in Thai. In my book they did nothing wrong except excessive noise and should have been told to pipe down. 

• Like 2