Large group of foreigners arrested at party in Pattaya for violating COVID-19 rules

webfact

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Well pub/bars are closed and restaurants are not serving alcohol. and would be closed at that time... what these fools did was to make too much noise.

if it is about noise, than the police has a lot of work, but you can call them but their answer will be.. they have to make a living if it is for a karaoke bar/restaurant and for the parties the answer is they have the right to have a party.. and so they never show up... but if a falang is having a party they come immediately

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The news comes as Thai police last week said they would be stepping up enforcement of COVID-19-related public health orders

Well  following hot  on the heels  of the "I was at Market  Village today and all farangs dont wear the masks  correctly thread" I was outside in the car INSIDE IT  last  night waiting for  7-11 to empty out a bit before I went in, the food  vendor  outside had her mask round her neck and it stayed there  for 15  minutes, next to her 5   Thai guys  on motorbikes  happily yacking away laughing etc 3  no masks 2  with masks  round their necks. I got  out of the car and walked  past the  food vendor and coughed  loudly  thru my mask......when I came out her mask was  well and truly  up????

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

Lame excuse & another idiot pool of people.

Commonsense must tell you that mixing in close proximity with gatherings like this  is not going to end well.

I am a bit surprised that the Philippino (sp) teachers would not have more brains

The others ,,,,,,well ?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Pubs bars are closed.

Parties involve drinking and prolonged probably maskless close contact between mixed groups.

Extremely high risk.

Restaurants are moderate risk when indoors and arguably should also be closed.

Will those arrested be deported?

I hope so, no different than the spitting drunkard in my opinion..

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

What law ??

Is there a decibel limit ?... is there a time after which music outside is considered disturbing the peace ?

And, since when did the police care about anyone having a party in a private house ?

-------------

I have no sympathy for people who are going to have a loud party and disturb neighbours. I certainly have no sympathy for a group of 28 people gathering during an epidemic and serious 3rd wave outbreak. 

BUT....  what laws have been broken ???? All I can read is they were arrested for breaking the laws under emergency decree - what are they???  because the Emergency decree has been in place for over a year, the laws have been modified - So what are those regulations for Chonburi - right now??? where is the list of those regulations ??

People will want to know: IF a family remain in a ‘bubble’ with another family, can they have that family over for a BBQ ??? etc...    is that breaking the law ?

typical response from some foreigners whose own country was decimated by this disease. Now these fools want this to happen to other countries, throw 'em out for life I say..

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, brucegoniners said:

Excellent! We have 2 of these "party houses" behind our house. The SOB who owns them doesn't give a <deleted> about anyone but himself. We'll be calling the police on them. You can be sure of it.

I  wouldn't  hold  your  breath, Im still waiting to hear anything about the man who tried to attack me with a machete, admittedly  only 2  days  ago so maybe too  early  but  Ill give plod a  visit in a week or two.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, tandor said:

..i wonder what the RTP powers of entry are, under the Communicable Disease Act  to enter private property?

They appear to be decent folk wearing masks etc.

Always strikes me as odd  about "gatherings"  jump on the BTS  in Bangkok and you can be in a carriage  full of people crammed in for 20-30-40  minutes.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

if it is about noise, than the police has a lot of work, but you can call them but their answer will be.. they have to make a living if it is for a karaoke bar/restaurant and for the parties the answer is they have the right to have a party.. and so they never show up... but if a falang is having a party they come immediately

They get a call from a neighbour, and if that person mentions that foreigners are suspected, there we are.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ventenio said:

I'm going to guess that MOST of these are "teachers."  These "geniuses," who are educating the children of Thailand, believe it's OK if it's a private function.

I can't laugh enough right now......OMG...... OMG....  OK, i'm off to a football game with 50,000 people.  They just labeled it "private," so should be OK!!!!  

that's a fallacy that 'teachers' and 'brains' are related some how. It also illustrates how well they're passing off their 'knowledge' to Thai children, so evident to me after almost 20 yrs here -  lol..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grandpa said:

So there was a bigger gathering of over 50 Police Officers!  Surely if a gathering of 28 is illegal, over 50 must also be illegal!

50 seems totally overkill for something that no one has actually found any evidence to say it was actually illegal....Maybe because mainly foreigners could see a big payday coming...

On my Soi in South Pattaya there are two AirBNB houses for rent. At times there are more than 15-20 people partying at these locations, staying up and being loud until early morning (07:00). some foreigners, but mostly Thais. Looks like I've got a way to get them quieted down and perhaps outlawed until the Covid restriction end. Happy day for our once quiet Soi!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, smedly said:

and this is were is all gets rather murky with

Police officers in Pattaya now in quarantine and fellow officers now out mixing with the public knowing they have been in contact with people infected or have been in buildings where virus has been spreading, they are now breaking their own rules 

Anyone now feel comfortable having close contact with cops in pattaya - I certainly don't 

And who told you that anyone involved was  / got infected ?

53 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

I hope so, no different than the spitting drunkard in my opinion..

It turns out that the ‘spitting drunkard’ was someone with mental health issues..... as reported on this forum by someone who knows him.

But... don’t let that hold you back.... any foreigner who does something wrong should be deported right?

Of course, you never broke a law, right ?

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

It turns out that the ‘spitting drunkard’ was someone with mental health issues..... as reported on this forum by someone who knows him.

But... don’t let that hold you back.... any foreigner who does something wrong should be deported right?

Is "Po..hub"watching, breaking the law?

OK, I plead guilty.

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

if he truly was 'bi polar' what was he doing drinking? In most countries being 'bi polar' will not get you a free pass with the law especially if you choose to use addictive drugs. You would have to be dumb, blind, deaf and computer illiterate not realize the potential of selfish behavior during a pandemic. Alas, it doesn't say much of the actions of the supposedly educated west. But to bring these actions to a country to where you're a guest? That points to an even deeper idiocy, and one that warrants removal..

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, smedly said:

and this is were is all gets rather murky with

Police officers in Pattaya now in quarantine and fellow officers now out mixing with the public knowing they have been in contact with people infected or have been in buildings where virus has been spreading, they are now breaking their own rules 

Anyone now feel comfortable having close contact with cops in pattaya - I certainly don't 

Where in the OP does it say that any of the people involved were infected?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, miamiman123 said:

Charged arrested and released??? Unbelievable 

What being charged before they were arrested ? and why would they not be released after being charged ?

I find the fact they were actually arrested unbelievable, as others have noted on this thread what law did they actually break ? Is acting a little foolish actually illegal now ? 

And just to add to all the confusion around the world regarding various Government Covid guidelines 50 police are gathered  to break up an apparently illegal gathering of 28 people.

Would it not have made much more sense (and probably safer) to send a couple of policeman round to just break up the gathering and ask everyone to go home ?

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Police arrested 25 foreigners and 3 Thais on suspicion of breaching COVID-19 restrictions after raiding a private birthday party in Pattaya on Sunday.

Hang the foreigners out to dry with much fanfare and press coverage as Thais in every Mooban in Thailand do the same.

• Like 1