Large group of foreigners arrested at party in Pattaya for violating COVID-19 rules

webfact

4 hours ago, smedly said:

and this is were is all gets rather murky with

Police officers in Pattaya now in quarantine and fellow officers now out mixing with the public knowing they have been in contact with people infected or have been in buildings where virus has been spreading, they are now breaking their own rules 

Anyone now feel comfortable having close contact with cops in pattaya - I certainly don't 

I agree, now get everyone in a police van and expose anyone at the police station doing mounds of paperwork and probably using one or two pens that actually works there.  Lots of waisted energy.

The foreigner's could've waited until July 1st when everything opens again, at least on Phuket.

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

While they may have acted foolishly, did they break a law ????

Where is that law ?? It would be good to see a link which highlights the limits / regulation for Chonburi. 

Additionally: Why are some foreigner’s so quick to wish for the deportation of other foreigners???

Regardless of if any law is broken etc it seems supremely idiotic to set something like this up at this time of increasing transmissions of C-19 . Can't all be deniers can they ?

5 hours ago, Brunolem said:

These idiots just arrested the Village People rehearsing their new song!

(13 Filipinos, 6 Russians, 3 Thais, 2 French and British, Canadian, Albanian and Cambodian nationals).

Already?? We're still a long way from Christmas. If we ever make it. 555555

5 hours ago, Brunolem said:

These idiots just arrested the Village People rehearsing their new song!

(13 Filipinos, 6 Russians, 3 Thais, 2 French and British, Canadian, Albanian and Cambodian nationals).

And a partridge in a pear tree.Comedy Capers.

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

What law ??

Is there a decibel limit ?... is there a time after which music outside is considered disturbing the peace ?

And, since when did the police care about anyone having a party in a private house ?

-------------

I have no sympathy for people who are going to have a loud party and disturb neighbours. I certainly have no sympathy for a group of 28 people gathering during an epidemic and serious 3rd wave outbreak. 

BUT....  what laws have been broken ???? All I can read is they were arrested for breaking the laws under emergency decree - what are they???  because the Emergency decree has been in place for over a year, the laws have been modified - So what are those regulations for Chonburi - right now??? where is the list of those regulations ??

People will want to know: IF a family remain in a ‘bubble’ with another family, can they have that family over for a BBQ ??? etc...    is that breaking the law ?

I highly even doubt neighbors called.  This has been party central for decades, suddenly one party makes too much noise for someone living in the central area soi at 11:30pm?

I mean, there is no curfew.  So they were not out late.  They were not in a bar.  Alcohol is allowed in private residences.  So I'm guessing it was the number of people?  But even that, you can't know they are breaking that 'decree' until you invade the house, right?

According to this  you can have gatherings up to 50 people under the latest decree: 

So, what law was broken?

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/04/17/chonburi-province-releases-provincial-orders-lots-of-additional-covid-19-closures-and-restrictions-implemented-starting-april-18th-2021/

Crazy times.

I   

Edited by Dart12

1 minute ago, nightfox said:

That's what they get when you don't invite your neighbors to the party as I swear Thailand is becoming the land of rats and snitches.

Well I guess being a rat or a snitch is better then being a murderer, something some get away with in Thailand so I guess it is just a matter of individua perspective.

5 hours ago, smedly said:

and this is were is all gets rather murky with

Police officers in Pattaya now in quarantine and fellow officers now out mixing with the public knowing they have been in contact with people infected or have been in buildings where virus has been spreading, they are now breaking their own rules 

Anyone now feel comfortable having close contact with cops in pattaya - I certainly don't 

Guess buying that mask might come in handy afterall.  Seems like farangs go about carelessly and dont get covid ...only thais.  

2 hours ago, gunderhill said:

Well  following hot  on the heels  of the "I was at Market  Village today and all farangs dont wear the masks  correctly thread" I was outside in the car INSIDE IT  last  night waiting for  7-11 to empty out a bit before I went in, the food  vendor  outside had her mask round her neck and it stayed there  for 15  minutes, next to her 5   Thai guys  on motorbikes  happily yacking away laughing etc 3  no masks 2  with masks  round their necks. I got  out of the car and walked  past the  food vendor and coughed  loudly  thru my mask......when I came out her mask was  well and truly  up????

That cough could get you in trouble in the States ....if it was proven intentional as you just did . At least you had a mask on. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Gatherings for 30 people were allowed IMO. Do they arrest all thai people too if they are in a restaurant  or pub /bar?? Or is it only if there are foreigners involved? 

Easy pickings. $$$

Ignore the 50 police involved.

Is that an illegal gathering?

Or is it 2 groups of 25?

1 minute ago, Dart12 said:

rented villas might have signs up like that possibly?

Hey Sherlock, we might be onto something here.  ????

Maybe all the cops came in with Blue jeans, hoping to dip in

Then when they realized they can't they decided to arrest everyone instead??

Yours, Watson.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

I think you need to read the article again

"Events with over 50 people are banned unless government permission is granted, people are discouraged from holding any events in general."

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/04/17/chonburi-province-releases-provincial-orders-lots-of-additional-covid-19-closures-and-restrictions-implemented-starting-april-18th-2021/

1 minute ago, vinny41 said:

I think you need to read the article again

"Events with over 50 people are banned unless government permission is granted, people are discouraged from holding any events in general."

There was only 28 here.

The 50 was the number of police officers in attendance.

"No large gathering and events for more than 50 people without permission from the public health provincial office"

It could be that they held the party "without permission from the public health provincial office" in which case they are being done on a technicality.