Best beach city to be in now?

Genix

What is the best beach city to be in right now?

Granted it's "open" (not red zone) and you do covid tests.

I understand most are dead even without restrictions - not expecting much plus it lowers the chance of covid anyways.

Edited by Genix
  • Confused 1

Samui has 14 day quarantine if coming from red zone.  Samet, Chang, Kood, Larn, are all closed.  Chang might be OK if you do a test.  But I've heard that may be changing soon...same with Phuket.  Weather is turning bad on Lanta and even Phuket is going to start to get bad.  Better weather over on the Gulf side.

We were in Samui and Phuket not long ago.  Both are ghost towns.  Especially the main areas (Chewang, Lamai, Patong, Kata/Karon, etc).

Tough time to travel as things are changing quickly.  Unfortunately.

• Like 1

Note Patong, Karon, Kata are ghosts towns, not so the rest of the island, 

Its wonderful to be stuck here with no tourist, no traffic, 

as i dont drink, could care less if bars open or not.

Ko Chang is NOT closed

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

We were in Samui and Phuket not long ago.  Both are ghost towns.  Especially the main areas (Chewang, Lamai, Patong, Kata/Karon, etc).

If you stay away from the major dedicated tourists areas like Chaweng and Lami on Samui, it's relative normal; i.e. "relative" means that much is open in accordance with whatever local Covid-restrictions, and there are still both locals and expats, and some other foreigners, so it's not that dead.

And the sea breeze is nice and healthy fresh...????

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, khunPer said:

If you stay away from the major dedicated tourists areas like Chaweng and Lami on Samui, it's relative normal; i.e. "relative" means that much is open in accordance with whatever local Covid-restrictions, and there are still both locals and expats, and some other foreigners, so it's not that dead.

We were there for about a month.  Went all over the island.  Yes, locals are still there.  But compared to 2020.  The island is dead.  A vast majority of the shops are closed.  Restaurants are closed.  Sorry, but like a ghost town.  But especially so in Chaweng and Lamai.  We stayed at Bophut and other than the weekends, it was dead.  Maenam was dead.  Etc, etc, etc.

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Da Nang beats every other 'beach city' I've ever been.

IMG_20190704_122208.jpg

Looks good. I had planned to go there when I went to renew my ME Non O, but the pandemic meant an extension instead. Maybe next year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, khunPer said:

When I was there a long time ago I had a hut on the beach. It was nice and quiet and I didn't miss any action.