Thai prime minister fined 6,000 baht for not wearing face mask

Jonathan Fairfield

17 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Why only 6000?? It should be 60.000. The man tells every one to follow the rules and he doesn't do himself. As an example shut him up in jail as they threaten the normal people too

You're right, he didn't follow the rules so he was fined more than anyone else has been reported as being fined in this recent enforcement.   So why should it be B60,000 when the maximum is B20k?

Edited by Liverpool Lou

21 hours ago, RobMuir said:

Brave governor.

But revenge will be paid.

Prayut is like that.

A few weeks in Attitude Adjustment Camp will sort this punk out.

Not a brave governor.

I think it's part of the communication system of the PM, jsut to show he is a citizen like other and not someone who cam to power with a coup d'état.

31 minutes ago, AndyFoxy said:
54 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

How much have foreigners been fined, then?

Wish there was an emoji on my iPad for “shakes head”. Maybe there is.

Wish you would just say how much foreigners have been charged instead of shaking your head?   Maybe you could?

21 hours ago, jackdd said:

Should have been fined 20k though, considering his wealth and that he should be a role model.

I'm sure his off shore accounts will not even notice it, considering how much his personal wealth will probably have multiplied over and over again since he stole the country in 2014.

21 hours ago, Shuya said:

Guess a new governor for Bangkok will take over soon

Another general won't make any difference, just another guy with a military academy education with no degrees or qualification to run a country.

Call me cynical, but does anybody else think that this is just a publicity stunt? After all, Anutin seems to have been getting away without wearing a mask for ages - apart from one pic a couple of days ago!

Edited by sambum

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You're right, he didn't follow the rules so he was fined more than anyone else has been reported as being fined in  recent enforcement.   So why should it be B60,000 when the maximum is B20k?

because he pay more, if he is paying it and besides he want to be a leader and has to give an example... somebody who earn 400 THB a day is 500 Baht a lot.. I don;t know if Prayuth earns 6000 THB a day.. could be a bit more

• Sad 1

On 4/26/2021 at 6:49 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Complete and total scripting and fabrication on the back of ‘politicians breaking rules’ follows by ‘stop pestering our politicians’...  some halfwit who everyone thinks is sharp figured it would be a great idea to present the PM as ‘one of us’......  Wow, even the PM is not beyond the law !! this guy is amazing, what hero he can be fined like the rest of us... 

.... juvenile mindless....

And the latest set of rules highlight the juvenile and idiotic mindset - masks in private cars. 

My Wife’s friend is a news reader and just told my Wife that they will have to wear a mask when reading the news !!! - just dumbflookery at its heights... 

Come on Richard this is democracy at work in a free society. 

(shakes head) 

6 hours ago, sambum said:

Call me cynical, but does anybody else think that this is just a publicity stunt? After all, Anutin seems to have been getting away without wearing a mask for ages - apart from one pic a couple of days ago!

Yes its a stunt. 

Its simply propaganda to drive home the masses that this is being taken seriously.

On 4/26/2021 at 7:49 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Complete and total scripting and fabrication on the back of ‘politicians breaking rules’ follows by ‘stop pestering our politicians’...  some halfwit who everyone thinks is sharp figured it would be a great idea to present the PM as ‘one of us’......  Wow, even the PM is not beyond the law !! this guy is amazing, what hero he can be fined like the rest of us... 

Yes, this. Absolutely.

On 4/27/2021 at 12:43 PM, soalbundy said:

Probably just a PR stunt to get people to wear masks. I never wear a mask in the village because it isn't a danger zone but during the last two days I have noticed that now everybody is, as the only falang in the village I am conspicuous so I am trying to change my ways but old habits die hard, I'm half-way to the shop before I remember.

yep same here also i walk 8 km every day doctors have issued s warning about excercising in mask but im having to dont want to fall foul to the local grass with a camera who wants to claim his cash 

• 2 weeks later...