Gyms?

sqwakvfr

Still waiting for the official announcement, which could come today.  There's currently no official opening day for gyms and other closed businesses, but it's possible it could be tomorrow (the 16th).  I believe the closure is extended unless the government declares otherwise as they acted to extend it indefinitely on the 8th- in other words, 'No news is bad news'.

As all gyms are subject to the same rules, if your gym isn't great at updating, try the Speed Gym or Loft Gym FB pages as they're pretty good about posting the info quickly.  Neither has an update yet.

Edited by flare

Gyms are a great place to catch covid. Many people in close proximity breathing heavy. So i don't think they will open them any time soon. The gym I went too made face masks mandatory during exercise. That was the first red flag for me. I would have hated that

It depends on how many people are using the gym.   I usually went at 0630.  Most of the time I was the only one in the gym.  Also depends on if or how the gym controls the number of people using the facility at one time.  Of course TIT so most gym employees are MIA, half sleep on buried in their phones. I have been lucky the last few years because it appears not too many workout early in the morning in LOS.  

I came from a place where gym were packed at 0430(of course this was in Southern California).  

As of May 15 it appears CNX is no longer in  the Dark Red Zone?  Do not know what this means though?

Edited by sqwakvfr

CM is now an 'orange' zone (dropping two places from 'dark red'- we managed to skip past 'red' entirely), but no official word yet on what that means for gym openings (we may hear later today or tomorrow).  I'm tired of working out at home and inventing ways to hit the various muscle groups- I'm using everything I can for extra resistance, including my wife- I asked her if I could pick out a couple mia noi (one heavier and one lighter so I could vary the weight), but she wouldn't go for it.????‍♀️

• Haha 1

I talked to the owner of my gym today- he said when he receives the official order from the CM Provincial Government (as noted above), he'll know for sure when he can open.  He's hopeful he can announce today that he'll open tomorrow.  He has to hear it from the local authority.  They need to come out with an official order that supersedes the current one (51/2564, which is the 'closed until further notice' order).

Edited by flare
  • Like 1

According to the owner of the gym I go to, the order of closure hasn't been amended by the CM Municipality (meaning gyms and other 'risky places' will remain closed for the time being, and there's not currently a set opening date).

E092B3F2-36EC-4845-8C87-34F7F11DAB42.jpeg

"Gyms are a great place to catch covid."

Sources? 

I seem to recall reading that there were very few instances of this, although it does happen. Moreover, just because someone uses a certain fitness center and then tests positive, doesn't mean that person was infected inside the center, anymore than a person who handles money and later tests positive got it from holding cash. 

You see how easy it is to make these logical-sounding illogical connections? 

-- "I wore my newly purchased red MAGA hat while swimming in the sea and was stung by a jellyfish. Therefore, the red MAGA hat must be the reason I got stung by a jellyfish, right?"

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

"Those primary cases are believed to have spread the virus....While the regional health authority has not confirmed any deaths linked to the outbreak...."

Are believed to have.....has not confirmed any deaths....

....oh boy....good sources, so far....

"About 300 people who visited the fitness center between February 25 through March 10 were required to be tested, and of those, seven staff members and 94 customers tested positive."

A 14-day window of people who "visited the fitness center" who tested positive....so in those 14 day how can anyone possibly know where they actually got infected? Answer: You can't. 

You are misunderstanding causation and effects. The first time I wore sunglasses at the beach is when I got attacked by a shark; therefore, the sunglasses caused the shark attack. 

• Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...

Gym owners (and I'd imagine owners of other businesses still not allowed to open) met with CM officials today to plead their case- they hope there will be new rules allowing them to open on the 15th.

Who knows how it's gonna go...

Flare, thanks for the updates.  I have no idea what my gym is doing.  No Social Medial presence at all and of as always "Radio Silence".    Last year Gyms in CNX were closed for almost two months.  Can CNX break that record this year???? I hope not because I am tired of running on the streets. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

Flare, thanks for the updates.  I have no idea what my gym is doing.  No Social Medial presence at all and of as always "Radio Silence".    Last year Gyms in CNX were closed for almost two months.  Can CNX break that record this year???? I hope not because I am tired of running on the streets. 

I'm friendly with the owner of my gym, so he keeps me informed.  If it weren't for that, I'd (like you) have little info as he hasn't updated his FB page either.  I do know he's gone from mai pen rai/jai yen yen to angry over it, as he and others expected to be allowed to open (at the least with a lower capacity of members able to use the gym at any one time) with the most recent order, and they were very surprised when they were still told to close.  

Edited by flare
  • Like 1

The list of closed places from 9th June are as follows.

·        Entertainment businesses and wet massages

·        cinemas

·        Snooker / Billiards / Bowling

·        Game shops / Internet cafes

·        Gyms / Fitness

·        Tattoo places

·        Dance schools

Pools are Open

june9195274885_4215160541863477_5137350597126202611_n.jpg

On 6/10/2021 at 6:45 PM, flare said:

Gym owners (and I'd imagine owners of other businesses still not allowed to open) met with CM officials today to plead their case- they hope there will be new rules allowing them to open on the 15th.

Who knows how it's gonna go...

Well, it looks like that worked, and sooner than they expected.????

Edited by flare
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, LomSak27 said:

The list of closed places from 9th June are as follows.

·        Entertainment businesses and wet massages

·        cinemas

·        Snooker / Billiards / Bowling

·        Game shops / Internet cafes

·        Gyms / Fitness

·        Tattoo places

·        Dance schools

Pools are Open

june9195274885_4215160541863477_5137350597126202611_n.jpg

So, how does one differentiate between a 'wet massage' and 'dry massage'? Will foot massage be allowed or is it considered a 'wet' activity?

1 hour ago, saakura said:

So, how does one differentiate between a 'wet massage' and 'dry massage'? Will foot massage be allowed or is it considered a 'wet' activity?

A wet massage usually involves being soaped down in a tub of bubbles and then being massaged with the body-glide technique.

A dry massage doesn't require the tub.

Hope this helps ????

Edited by brewsterbudgen
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Just FYI, as of this moment on Tuesday morning (which might change in the next moment), gyms are still open, with the caveat that they must close by 9:00PM- I was sure they were going to be closed entirely, but the municipality isn't hitting them as hard as they did last time.

Edited by flare

I'm going say this once: "This is a weird place".  Today I saw a sign at the Pool which said "Pool closed by order of the local government".  However the gym was open????  Also, I went to Central Festival and it was business as usual except there were very few people and the cinema was dark.  Very few people were shopping at the market and even fewer people were eating in the restaurants.  I noticed more and more people are double masking.   I wonder "what is coming next"?   I say "just initiate a hard lockdown for two weeks". 

Edited by sqwakvfr
  • Like 1

On 6/12/2021 at 9:03 PM, orang37 said:

This is a euphemism for places offering pelvic adjustments + bathing.

I forgot to mention that financial liposuction to remove excess bahty fat is usually part of the whole package.

• Like 1